Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Yoda, March 13, 2021, 6:18pm
Big 45 for Hurst if he cannot beat these time for a change.
Posted by: Hagrid, March 13, 2021, 6:20pm; Reply: 1
Oh intercourse off
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, March 13, 2021, 6:26pm; Reply: 2
I'm with Hagrid...do one Yoda, you're becoming a proper fun sponge and a troll!!.
Posted by: davmariner, March 13, 2021, 6:27pm; Reply: 3
I bet your Willy is the size of a paperclip.
Posted by: Yoda, March 13, 2021, 6:28pm; Reply: 4
So if we lose you would keep him. !!!
Posted by: smokey111, March 13, 2021, 6:30pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Yoda
Big 45 for Hurst if he cannot beat these time for a change.

So what is it, lose and he goes or don't win and he goes? You can't even be consistent within two posts five minutes apart.
Posted by: Yoda, March 13, 2021, 6:31pm; Reply: 6
If he’s doesn’t win he should go a draw not good enough.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, March 13, 2021, 7:23pm; Reply: 7
MODS, do the right thing and ban this persistent excrement stirrer.
Posted by: Yoda, March 13, 2021, 7:25pm; Reply: 8
And he failed again never has 2 good halves.
Posted by: realist, March 13, 2021, 7:31pm; Reply: 9
I agree with Yoda. We have an appalling manager with one of the worst squads ever totally devoid of a backbone. Relegation looks a certainty.
But yet again the happy clappers keep defending Hurst. Sums up Grimsby and GTFC as a whole - full of complete idiots. We dont deserve any better with you lot around
Posted by: RonMariner, March 13, 2021, 7:38pm; Reply: 10
Hurst has to go. Too late to save us now, but we don't want to start next season with him in charge.
Posted by: psgmariner, March 13, 2021, 7:38pm; Reply: 11
Realist is often a wind up but hard to argue with that.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, March 13, 2021, 7:39pm; Reply: 12
Yoda, I owe you an apology, Hurst is dire...yes you do my nut in but regarding Hurst, you've got it right, he has to go now .
Posted by: RonMariner, March 13, 2021, 7:41pm; Reply: 13
I think he got the job based on past glories, but his record since he left Shrewsbury has been absolutely abysmal.

He did well to negotiate a two and a half year deal. It will mean another big payoff to add to his collection.

He has to go.
Posted by: Vance Warner, March 13, 2021, 7:45pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from realist
I agree with Yoda. We have an appalling manager with one of the worst squads ever totally devoid of a backbone. Relegation looks a certainty.
But yet again the happy clappers keep defending Hurst. Sums up Grimsby and GTFC as a whole - full of complete idiots. We dont deserve any better with you lot around

Yes let’s all be unhappy that will really help.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 13, 2021, 7:46pm; Reply: 15
Who is going to sack Hurst ?

Fenty is still in charge he wont.

The new guys can't as the takeover is not completed yet.

Who gave him a 18 month contract then a rolling 12 month one to follow. ?

We have 13 games left and 7 of them are against teams near the top.

Can we win the other 6 ?

Not if we can not score so we are down.
Posted by: Yoda, March 13, 2021, 7:46pm; Reply: 16
I desperately didn’t want Hurst his boring defensive mindset is exactly what we didn’t want.
I gave him the benefit of the doubt the damage was done when we lost to every team around us at the bottom.
Posted by: realist, March 13, 2021, 7:48pm; Reply: 17
I'd love to be happy but there is an air of inevitability around here. A new manager might kickstart start us enough to escape relegation. We cant do any worse.
Posted by: RonMariner, March 13, 2021, 7:48pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from grimsby pete
Who is going to sack Hurst ?

Fenty is still in charge he wont.

The new guys can't as the takeover is not completed yet.

Who gave him a 18 month contract then a rolling 12 month one to follow. ?

We have 13 games left and 7 of them are against teams near the top.

Can we win the other 6 ?

Not if we can not score so we are down.

The maths gets worse every week. Now we need to win 8 out of 13.
Posted by: GrimRob, March 13, 2021, 7:49pm; Reply: 19
The season's over. We have to accept it and start preparing for next year,
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, March 13, 2021, 7:49pm; Reply: 20
Said it before and I'll say it again...boot Hurst out and get Curtis Woodhouse in...1.79 points per game with Gainsborough...plays better football and is a great motivator
Posted by: RonMariner, March 13, 2021, 7:51pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Said it before and I'll say it again...boot Hurst out and get Curtis Woodhouse in...1.79 points per game with Gainsborough...plays better football and is a great motivator

Think Barbara Woodhouse would get more points than Hurst.
Posted by: chrissy, March 13, 2021, 8:37pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from GrimRob
The season's over. We have to accept it and start preparing for next year,

I have already started by watching the non league games on BT . We should fit in well as they are crap.
Posted by: DB, March 13, 2021, 8:45pm; Reply: 23
Job Description:-   Keep Town in the EFL

Applicants :-          Closed shop, invitation only

Number of
Invitations issued:-   1

To :-      Paul Hurst

Achieve it :-   Ultimate Accolades

Failure :-       Ultimate praise for trying

Job Security  :-   Safe
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), March 13, 2021, 8:51pm; Reply: 24
A good point and well done to James M and the back four, looking solid. I can’t see us getting turned over with this shape :-)
Posted by: DB, March 13, 2021, 8:54pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from 28195
A good point and well done to James M and the back four, looking solid. I can’t see us getting turned over with this shape :-)

We can keep a clean sheet till the end of the season, but if the ball doesn't go into the net at the other end it's meaningless.
Posted by: wigworld, March 13, 2021, 9:55pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from DB

We can keep a clean sheet till the end of the season, but if the ball doesn't go into the net at the other end it's meaningless.

This, unfortunately. We were relegated last time because of loads of draws but next to no wins.

Posted by: louth_in_the_south, March 13, 2021, 10:37pm; Reply: 27
Absolutely painful to watch . No idea going forward. Ball just bounced around. I’m praying hurst and this bunch of fookwits aren’t anywhere near GTFC next season because if they are we’re in big trouble again .
Let’s not pretend... there’s no quality. There’s nothing to get our hopes up watching that dross . Just a bunch of f.ucking second rate crap running around but not even threatening another equally crap teams goal even when an open goal presents itself.
Utterly pathetic.
Hurst out you p.Rick
Posted by: DB, March 13, 2021, 10:45pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Absolutely painful to watch . No idea going forward. Ball just bounced around. I’m praying hurst and this bunch of fookwits aren’t anywhere near GTFC next season because if they are we’re in big trouble again .
Let’s not pretend... there’s no quality. There’s nothing to get our hopes up watching that dross . Just a bunch of f.ucking second rate crap running around but not even threatening another equally crap teams goal even when an open goal presents itself.
Utterly pathetic.
Hurst out you p.Rick

If he can't get the players to keep us in the EFL, what sort of team will he provide to get us out of the NL.

Yesterdays man.
Posted by: mariner91, March 13, 2021, 11:08pm; Reply: 29

1.79 points per game in the Northern Premier League and mid table league positions. Blimey, do you think he’d come to us?
Posted by: Hagrid, March 13, 2021, 11:19pm; Reply: 30
Yeah we’re down. And it hurts now so god knows what it’ll feel like when its confirmed

I remember the summer of 2010/11. We were ignorant of what was to come

I remember 2014 and 15 seasons After Bristol Rovers and Gateshead. How devastated i felt. I hated football.

Knowing what we are going back too, after so many years of trying to get out. That Wembley day is a distant memory. All we did, wiped out
Posted by: essexexile, March 14, 2021, 12:07am; Reply: 31
Quoted from Hagrid
Yeah we’re down. And it hurts now so god knows what it’ll feel like when its confirmed

I remember the summer of 2010/11. We were ignorant of what was to come

I remember 2014 and 15 seasons After Bristol Rovers and Gateshead. How devastated i felt. I hated football.

Knowing what we are going back too, after so many years of trying to get out. That Wembley day is a distant memory. All we did, wiped out

And Fenty calls himself a fan

Posted by: 140067 (Guest), March 14, 2021, 1:42pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from realist

Are you for real. Take a day off and don't be a pratt all you're life.
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 14, 2021, 2:11pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from 140067

Are you for real. Take a day off and don't be a pratt all you're life.

Can you tell me that you are happy with the facts that Holloway signed a crap squad of players, he was replaced by Paul Hurst who himself signed a further 11 players and we are now far worse off under him?
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, March 14, 2021, 2:47pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from arryarryarry

Can you tell me that you are happy with the facts that Holloway signed a crap squad of players, he was replaced by Paul Hurst who himself signed a further 11 players and we are now far worse off under him?

Quote# Sums up Grimsby and GTFC as a whole - full of complete idiots. We dont deserve any better with you lot around.
Think that was the uncalled for part
Hurst has had no positive effect at all, the stats just do not lie, there's no getting away or hiding from that.
The only thing he's done is putting Hewitt at centre back and I'm convinced he only did that because waterfall has been so poor all season.
The area that needed as much work was upfront and we are as bad, if not worse, than when Hollowords was in charge..
So, in imo, he's failing, not failed yet but very, very close to it .
Posted by: Stadium, March 14, 2021, 3:03pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from realist

What a bizarre summary of a football club & region.
Although you seem to be extremely negative in general.
Posted by: DB, March 14, 2021, 3:09pm; Reply: 36

Quote# Sums up Grimsby and GTFC as a whole - full of complete idiots. We dont deserve any better with you lot around.
Think that was the uncalled for part
Hurst has had no positive effect at all, the stats just do not lie, there's no getting away or hiding from that.
The only thing he's done is putting Hewitt at centre back and I'm convinced he only did that because waterfall has been so poor all season.
The area that needed as much work was upfront and we are as bad, if not worse, than when Hollowords was in charge..
So, in imo, he's failing, not failed yet but very, very close to it .

Your more positive than me!
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 14, 2021, 3:23pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Stadium

To be fair to Yoda, apart from getting out of the National League after 6 long years, over the past 20 years there hasn't been much to be positive about has there.

Apart from season 05/06 when we finished 4th and our stint in the National League the next highest Football League position was 10th from bottom.
Posted by: Stadium, March 14, 2021, 4:18pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from arryarryarry

To be fair to Yoda, apart from getting out of the National League after 6 long years, over the past 20 years there hasn't been much to be positive about has there.

Apart from season 05/06 when we finished 4th and our stint in the National League the next highest Football League position was 10th from bottom.

For clarity the post was in response to "realist"
Odd to class a whole region and a football club (which there are others who have seen similar/worse situations & oblivion) as "complete idiots"
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), March 16, 2021, 11:30am; Reply: 39
Quoted from Stadium

That's what I was alluding to.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 4:52am