KingstonMariner
March 13, 2021, 12:58pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from RonMariner
It's not yet mathematically certain that we are going down, but I think we have to face reality. It's not being disloyal to say that you expect us to go down. I have supported Town since 1971 through thick and thin (or thin and thin as Phil Ball once famously remarked!). I love the club. But I am a realist. Optimism is one thing, but to deny the inevitable in the face of all of the evidence to the contrary is delusional.

We might well win tomorrow. But it's too little too late. We have had at least six winnable games recently based on the poor form shown by our opponents going into the match. (Stevenage, Newport, Carlisle, Crawley, Orient, and FGR). They have yielded just 4 points. You could well add the Port Vale, Scunthorpe and Southend games to that list since the New year. We got just 1 point from those three games.

We are 8 points adrift of safety with 14 game left. We have earned 9 points from our last 14 games. Just don't see how we will suddenly start preforming like play off contenders..        

This is the killer of hope isn’t it. Unless we suddenly click and hit  the form of a promotion contender we’re fooked  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 99
golfer
March 13, 2021, 1:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
   Gloria Gaynor
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 99
Teestogreen
March 13, 2021, 1:49pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -160
Gold Stars: 23
I never can say goodbye 😀

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 99
RonMariner
March 13, 2021, 2:28pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,791
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from cmackenzie4
I personally think we’ll go down, we’ve got too much to do, I’ve sort of accepted it (I’m not happy with it) I’m quite angry especially with us being in this situation before, we just haven’t learnt, it’s so frustrating.

That is exactly right. We have been in his position before (twice if you include the season we got a reprieve thanks to Luton's 30 point deduction) and yet the idiots running the club just allowed it happen once again. I think the damage was done in the summer with poor recruitment suggestive of penny pinching, and lack of pre-season which was inexcusably amateurish.

We might have been able to rescue the situation with a large injection of quality in January, but it is clear that opportunity too was lost.

You pays your money, you takes your choice.    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 99
RonMariner
March 13, 2021, 2:33pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
Tend to agree. Sometimes as in life a clean slate is required to start anew.

Indeed.

Despite my recent posts I am in fact very optimistic about the future. Just not about this season.

The biggest obstacle to our progression is about to depart. With new owners I really do believe we are in for some great seasons. I think we are going down this season, but I can well see us enjoying two, possible three promotions in the next five or six years.

No reason at all why we can be challenging at the top of L1. Imagine the scene, it's March 2026, we are sitting in our new 20,000 all seater stadium with 15,000 fans watching us secure three points which keep us in the automatic promotion places.

It's not impossible, it really isn't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 99
Limerick Mariner
March 13, 2021, 2:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,722
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from RonMariner

Indeed.

Despite my recent posts I am in fact very optimistic about the future. Just not about this season.

The biggest obstacle to our progression is about to depart. With new owners I really do believe we are in for some great seasons. I think we are going down this season, but I can well see us enjoying two, possible three promotions in the next five or six years.

No reason at all why we can be challenging at the top of L1. Imagine the scene, it's March 2026, we are sitting in our new 20,000 all seater stadium with 15,000 fans watching us secure three points which keep us in the automatic promotion places.

No thanks - we want at least the new Pontoon to be safe standing - our own mini version of the Borussia Dortmund "wall"... yes please to everything else, naturally...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 99
Rick12
March 13, 2021, 3:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from RonMariner

Indeed.

I think its a shame how far this club have fallen from grace though. Like you I think at best league 1 is what we should be aiming for long term.

With the fans I agree. A lot of Grimsby fans are working class and appreciate a grafter. I still feel in comparison to some lower league clubs the history of this club makes it a bit special.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 99
KingstonMariner
March 13, 2021, 3:30pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
If this sale doesn’t go through I can see us sinking further. NLN and even further. With Fenty still in charge many will boycott the club, and we won’t even be able to compete.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 99
golfer
March 13, 2021, 4:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Teestogreen
I never can say goodbye 😀

" I Will Survive "
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 99
RonMariner
March 13, 2021, 7:29pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from RonMariner
We have had at least six winnable games recently based on the poor form shown by our opponents going into the match. (Stevenage, Newport, Carlisle, Crawley, Orient, and FGR). They have yielded just 4 points. You could well add the Port Vale, Scunthorpe and Southend games to that list since the New year. We got just 1 point from those three games.

We are 8 points adrift of safety with 14 game left. We have earned 9 points from our last 14 games. Just don't see how we will suddenly start preforming like play off contenders..        

Well, that's now 5 points from 7 very winnable games.  10 points from our last 15 games.

Yes, folks, we are well and truly fooked.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 99
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tonights Barrow Game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.