DB
March 12, 2021, 9:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from oochiad
Watching Lamy tearing up the wing on Tuesday gave me lots of hope, we can do this! UTM!

Of course we can. Being positive is brilliant.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 99
moosey_club
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
Genuine question for those that have watched the game.....did Barrow create chances throughout the game ?

It's ok people saying we need to beat them, drag others in etc but we are creating 1 maybe 2 chances a game....you cant win many games like that and we are still then reliant on all the other teams virtually losing 2 or 3 weeks on the bounce while we dont.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 99
Northbank Mariner
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
That to me is the final nail in our coffin...gutted to say the least.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 99
Eastendmariner
March 12, 2021, 9:35pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
I think the reality of our task is really stating to hit home  it's a very poor result for us Barrow according to stats created a lot more 7 shots  I was just thinking a point isn't a bad result  considering how poor walsall were/are  we all know when they play us they will play out of their skins  

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 99
DB
March 12, 2021, 9:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

Which brand of red wine do you drink DB, I must give it a try.

Generally speaking anything between £8 and £10 depending what's on offer. Naked wines (yes it's a co.) pointed out that anything under £8 is crap(my words). The reason being say £6/bottle £2 wine tax, 20% vat, supermarket profit, wholesaler profit, vineyard profit, bottle cost and transportation leaves little for the price of the wine. So they say the more you pay the better the quality.

My only exception is 1Les Tuguets Madiran Tesco £7/£6. I originally bought this as I read people who drink this type of wine live longer! I have found it to be palatable and not acidic. Having said all this I am not a wine cognisor, but from a very early age brought up on my nans home made wines.  

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 99
DB
March 12, 2021, 9:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club
Genuine question for those that have watched the game.....did Barrow create chances throughout the game ?

It's ok people saying we need to beat them, drag others in etc but we are creating 1 maybe 2 chances a game....you cant win many games like that and we are still then reliant on all the other teams virtually losing 2 or 3 weeks on the bounce while we dont.

According to the BBC Barrow had 4 shots on goal, chances ?

You have to remain positive of staying up. Football is a strange game with strange results at times. You have to keep on believing.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 99
DB
March 12, 2021, 9:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
That to me is the final nail in our coffin...gutted to say the least.

I can see where you are coming from but their are games to play and as I said we haven't had a run. I posted a while ago that the Barrow game is vital so their is no need to be down that much. We will have to see after that game what happens.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 99
nightrider
March 12, 2021, 9:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Where are the goals gonna come from? Unfortunately neither of the strikers have it in them
Hoping for a one nil and a nervy last ten in every game

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 99
DB
March 12, 2021, 9:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Eastendmariner
I think the reality of our task is really stating to hit home  it's a very poor result for us Barrow according to stats created a lot more 7 shots  I was just thinking a point isn't a bad result  considering how poor walsall were/are  we all know when they play us they will play out of their skins  

Every time somebody plays us we say that. But by the time we play them they could be on a right downer. So stay positive.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 99
sydney
March 12, 2021, 9:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Tonight is the final arrow
No More
See u at Kings Lynn Weymouth and Wealdstone
Next Season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 99
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tonights Barrow Game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.