5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
March 15, 2021, 5:14pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,798
Gold Stars: 226
Is this tread about a spin off series from the Simpsons?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 46
BobbyCummingsTackle
March 15, 2021, 5:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from RonMariner
Is this tread about a spin off series from the Simpsons?

Should I say this out loud in an Irish accent?

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 46
RonMariner
March 15, 2021, 5:42pm

Special Brew Drinker

Should I say this out loud in an Irish accent?

To be sure, to be sure.......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 46
pen penfras
March 16, 2021, 9:29am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I am sure Jason Stockwood (and anyway else for that matter) are capable of having their privacy settings so that they don't receive notifications for posts from people they don't follow or threads they haven't already commented on.

And coincidentally when I had a look at Twitter just now I looked at my "message requests" folder and there is a message from somebody directly involved at GTFC from months ago that I hadn't seen and have subsequently deleted without reading.

If I can do that as a fan to a message from a GTFC person then a GTFC person can do the same to messages from fans.

And anyway, Twitter allows you to block message requests from people you don't follow.

But fan engagement is an important part of creating a more inclusive environment that the fans can feel included in. If he has to just delete everything because idiots are giving him abuse, then it'll just go down the tired old road of people complaining about not being given information etc.

It's totally disgusting to be abusing the potential new owners on social media. I find the abuse of Fenty bad enough, but some people who are actively trying to improve the dynamic that is reviled by those same people just shows what a horrible position it is to own a football club. I hope they have thick skin
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 46
ginnywings
March 16, 2021, 9:44am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
It has been and always will be that if the club are doing well, the abuse goes away. If we start to win games, the abuse will disappear. We have been terrible for years and the vitriol is so much easier now than it ever was. All you have to do is get a phone, register for a social media account and there you have it. You no longer have to make a banner and protest at a game.

It's the same at every club and there is nothing you can do to stop it, other than ignore it, or delete your account. Teams at the top end of the Premier League are having their players racially abused for missing a goal scoring chance in a game, so what chance have teams like us got when the bone heads want to vent their spleen?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 46
RonMariner
March 16, 2021, 11:18am

Special Brew Drinker
To be fair, the fans have rather a great deal to complain about.

We complain because we care.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 46
KingstonMariner
March 17, 2021, 1:36am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from pen penfras

But fan engagement is an important part of creating a more inclusive environment that the fans can feel included in. If he has to just delete everything because idiots are giving him abuse, then it'll just go down the tired old road of people complaining about not being given information etc.

It's totally disgusting to be abusing the potential new owners on social media. I find the abuse of Fenty bad enough, but some people who are actively trying to improve the dynamic that is reviled by those same people just shows what a horrible position it is to own a football club. I hope they have thick skin

Agree about fan engagement.

We need a better way for people to make their feelings known. I think a lot of frustration and anger comes from people caring deeply but not having any influence whatsoever. People’s money and support is wanted. There’s a certain expectation of unconditional support (in some quarters). You’re expected to pay your money, give encouragement to the team, set disappointment aside and turn up again next time. Yet you have no say. No control.

It’s like being a medieval peasant. Do all the work. Pay the taxes. Turn out for the militia. Support your lord. And don’t ask questions. Sooner or later the peasants are revolting 😉 and the head man finds he no longer has to stoop to get through the doorway.

I’d imagine Stockwood has done ideas up his sleeve about engagement and communication with large numbers of people. But then how do you take care of the control piece?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Simpletons

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.