5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
It Bites
March 12, 2021, 8:20am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,257
Gold Stars: 266
To the Simpletons on Twitter . Please stop messaging the new owners and the players to moan . It's pathetic . Go upstairs and look in the bathroom mirror and take a look . If you resemble an adult , I suggest you find something more constructive to do with yourself .
Private Message
Ruston AT
March 12, 2021, 8:36am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +427
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from It Bites
To the Simpletons on Twitter . Please stop messaging the new owners and the players to moan . It's pathetic . Go upstairs and look in the bathroom mirror and take a look . If you resemble an adult , I suggest you find something more constructive to do with yourself .

Well said "it Bites", just let the procedure of buying the club complete and it will.

Ps I gold starred you it bites.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 46
Northbank Mariner
March 12, 2021, 9:09am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Oh, so you've never berated a player or manager whilst at a game?..
I get that people should not attack a player directly through their own # and certainly not be tweeting the "potential" new owners(generally Stockwood) to have a go but I have no issue with people venting their spleen on the official GTFC #.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 46
Hagrid
March 12, 2021, 9:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Yeha the tweets to the new owners are cringeworthy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 46
KingstonMariner
March 12, 2021, 9:28am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Why, what have they been saying?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 46
dapperz fun pub
March 12, 2021, 9:49am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,020
Gold Stars: 83
I think mr stockwood as already commented on Twitter regarding this , god help him next year if we’re not in the top 2 fighting for the title ( whatever league we’re in )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 46
BobbyCummingsTackle
March 12, 2021, 10:21am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
Just for balance......

If you put yourself (and your views) out there on Twitter you have to accept that people will come back at you with stuff you may not like.

I agree completely that it's not useful or constructive but if you've chosen to use the medium then you're open to the good and the bad.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 46
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 12, 2021, 10:34am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Just for balance......

If you put yourself (and your views) out there on Twitter you have to accept that people will come back at you with stuff you may not like.

I agree completely that it's not useful or constructive but if you've chosen to use the medium then you're open to the good and the bad.

Quite so. If you play in the nursery someone will chuck a building block at you.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 46
Bigdog
March 12, 2021, 10:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Twitter is growing to be a sinkhole for all that is wrong in society. Becoming a nasty vicious place. Same baying mob every single day. Social media needs reform. Proper legal identity registration so that anything written could be sued as libel. Maybe one or two will then start to think before unleashing their hatred.. #gtfc can be bad sometimes, but veer away from it, and the rest is pretty horrific, full of venom, bile and cancel culture witch hunts.. A very depressing platform nowadays..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 46
ska face
March 12, 2021, 11:04am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Remove boomers from social media.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 46
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Simpletons

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.