Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Jesus Christ
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 37 Guests

Jesus Christ

This thread currently has 17,639 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
OddShapedBalls
December 8, 2022, 3:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 40
I agree with what you're saying on the Sally army, vital work they do and you certainly don't have to be religious in the slightest to help others.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 310 - 364
Rick12
December 8, 2022, 4:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from OddShapedBalls
I agree with what you're saying on the Sally army, vital work they do and you certainly don't have to be religious in the slightest to help others.

I know the Salvation army as well do coffee mornings throughout the year in their church as well as a way of meet and greet .Nice to see that .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 311 - 364
Rick12
January 25, 2023, 8:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Saw this recently and felt the need to share. I know religion is not to everyone's liking but I admire those that stand up for what they believe in and don't follow like sheep .

A group of ex professional footballers trying to create positive vibes via their Christian faith on the pitch. This includes mentoring  and encouraging players to be the best they can be.

Respect lads

https://ballers-in-god.myshopify.com/

"In 2015 Ballers In God was founded by professional footballers desiring to use the platform of football to make Jesus known. Uniting the world of football with faith, BiG has had a tremendous impact on the beautiful game by the grace of God. We have had the honour of mentoring and discipling players around the world, encouraging them to be all God has called them to be both on and off the pitch.

Our goal is simple...to know God and make Him known.

Now you can join us.

No matter what level you're currently playing at. Every time you cross that white line you are representing what you believe.

Representing the truth of the gospel in how you play, the way you compete and now...what you wear!

We have carefully thought about how we can display our faith on the pitch and we've come up with these products to equip you in showing the world what you believe in. With the approval of world class players, we are proud to present to you our performance merchandise".

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 312 - 364
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
January 27, 2023, 12:09am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Performance merchandise eh? I'm sure JC and his dad would approve.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 313 - 364
DB
January 27, 2023, 3:24am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391

Mathew 6 v 24

No man can serve two masters: for either he
will hate the one, and love the other; or else
he will hold to the one, and despise the other.
Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 314 - 364
lukeo
January 27, 2023, 6:59am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,421
Gold Stars: 149
I work in a church of England school so have heard many, many stories from all different Christians who come in and support the school.
Do I believe there was a man who performed miracles?
No
Do I believe a man sacrificed himself and did great things for people?
I guess so.

My personal opinion is there is some truth in the bible stories. But just like anything it gets over exaggerated and is a little bit like Chinese whispers.

I respect anyone and everyone's opinions on the matter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 315 - 364
Rick12
January 27, 2023, 8:52am
Vodka Drinker
People need to make a living though ( fund the merchandise etc) and at least these ex professional footballers are trying to do some good in a world which is often bad. No person is pure in this life but at least there trying to use something to help better themselves and others emotionally and physically. I know how difficult it is to make it in football having seen it first hand from people I know . Temptations and so forth get in the way. At least these lads ( ballers in God) are trying to help people maximise their God given potential.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 316 - 364
Rick12
January 27, 2023, 9:02am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from lukeo
I work in a church of England school so have heard many, many stories from all different Christians who come in and support the school.

Do I believe a man sacrificed himself and did great things for people?
I guess so.

My personal opinion is there is some truth in the bible stories. But just like anything it gets over exaggerated and is a little bit like Chinese whispers.

I respect anyone and everyone's opinions on the matter.

Some nice sentiments there Lukeo. God bless you pal.

I spoke to a vicar recently who is now retired . He said in many years of church life he found faith schools to be better than secular schools. Stated that children have a role model in Jesus to look up to . Makes sense. I've heard similar from those who have been at the Real Madrid football youth academy. Zinedine Zidane use to be their coach and they looked up to and respected him for what he had achieved in the game. Probably more so than any other normal person .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 317 - 364
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
January 27, 2023, 2:55pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
I don't really get it. A delusional man with an over inflated sense of his own importance, got himself nailed to a tree because he believed that it would somehow cleanse mankind of all its sins and lead to forgiveness for these sins from a non existent entity that he thought was his dad. Then the real unbelievable bit is that 300 years later another bunch of delusional idiots wrote it all down and told people they had to believe it or they would expel them from their organisation and stop them getting into a non existent place presided over by a non existent entity, like they had any say in it, and now for the piece de resistance, people believed them. MADNESS.

Did the Real kids look up to Zidane when he didn't turn the other cheek and headbutted that Italian bloke (Materazzi) in the World Cup Final?

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 318 - 364
Rick12
January 27, 2023, 3:14pm
Vodka Drinker
I don't really get it. A delusional man with an over inflated sense of his own importance, got himself nailed to a tree because he believed that it would somehow cleanse mankind of all its sins and lead to forgiveness for these sins from a non existent entity that he thought was his dad. Then the real unbelievable bit is that 300 years later another bunch of delusional idiots wrote it all down and told people they had to believe it or they would expel them from their organisation and stop them getting into a non existent place presided over by a non existent entity, like they had any say in it, and now for the piece de resistance, people believed them. MADNESS.

Did the Real kids look up to Zidane when he didn't turn the other cheek and headbutted that Italian bloke (Materazzi) in the World Cup Final?
Jesus was brought up as a Jew . What he tried to do was simplify that  and bring about God's way eg  trying to make society a better place . He basically said no need for Jewish complex observations of faith like adhering to the Sabbath but just follow God's way eg love and goodness to one another . It was this that got him killed .

Zinedine Zidane is only human though and made a mistake in the heat of battle.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 319 - 364
37 Pages Prev ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Jesus Christ

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.