2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
February 17, 2021, 3:07pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
As Pitchers and Catchers are now reporting for Spring Training I was just wondering if there are any baseball fans out there? I know of at least one.

Is anyone interested in baseball? Do you follow a particular team? I suspect there may be a few Seattle Mariners fans.

If you are interested, have you ever seen a game? Watched on TV? BT Sport have live games throughout the season and I'm sure there are other places were people will be able to find baseball content.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
February 17, 2021, 4:42pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,075
Gold Stars: 198

I'm not interested in Baseball at all but I do have a Seattle Mariners T-shirt, my stepson bought me one for Christmas because it's got Mariners on it.

He lives just outside Seattle.

He's been to watch the Seattle Sounders soccer team and surprisingly they get crowds averaging around 40,000.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
ginnywings
February 17, 2021, 8:53pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Of the big American sports, baseball is the one I could just about tolerate but wouldn't go out of my way to watch it. Not a patch on cricket.

It's just rounders with helmets.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
February 17, 2021, 10:49pm
Snakebite drinker
It is just rounders with helmets, and slightly bigger bats, and gloves, but I enjoy it.  

No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
KingstonMariner
February 17, 2021, 10:56pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Nah, it's just a simplified Pesäpallo.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
Manchester Mariner
February 17, 2021, 11:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
I love the film 'Moneyball' and the Netflix documentary 'The Battered illegitimates of Baseball' is one of my favourite sports docs ever. I just find watching the actual game really boring, it's not for me.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
aldi_01
February 18, 2021, 7:58am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Wasn’t a baseball fan until I went to see it. Fascinating and intricate, granted it lacked the ferocity of say Ice Hockey and the being a football fan you miss the crowd involvement I guess but it’s a great experience.

It wouldn’t be top of my list of American sports to revisit but you can cheap tickets and it’s accessible. Lower down the leagues they do things like dollar beer nights and stuff for local games and the like...I’m sure we’d all partake in that.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
February 18, 2021, 11:12am
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
Wasn’t a baseball fan until I went to see it. Fascinating and intricate, granted it lacked the ferocity of say Ice Hockey and the being a football fan you miss the crowd involvement I guess but it’s a great experience.

It wouldn’t be top of my list of American sports to revisit but you can cheap tickets and it’s accessible. Lower down the leagues they do things like dollar beer nights and stuff for local games and the like...I’m sure we’d all partake in that.

Where did you see it?

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
aldi_01
February 18, 2021, 12:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473

Where did you see it?

Saw the Angels play the red sox at Angels stadium, was a short Uber ride from The Grand Californian when I went to Disney Land.

Saw basketball and hockey at Madison Square Gardens...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
February 18, 2021, 1:11pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

Saw the Angels play the red sox at Angels stadium, was a short Uber ride from The Grand Californian when I went to Disney Land.

Saw basketball and hockey at Madison Square Gardens...

My first game was a Red Sox one too. Yankees v Red Sox at Yankee Stadium. Booked the tickets well in advance of our first trip to the States. I've been a Yankees fan ever since. Been back to NYC another three times since and have always managed to take in a game. I've stayed within two blocks of Madison Square Garden but never been inside, only been to Penn Station underneath. Not a basketball fan, never have been. Wouldn't mind going to a hockey game if possible. My Disney experience was limited to day trip to Disney World in Florida.

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Baseball

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.