diehardmariner
February 1, 2021, 10:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Softer than Macca's own goal at Morecambe?

Surely the softest one is the one where McKeown actually passed it into his own net against Carlise?

Huge respect for McKeown for what he's done for the club in the last 10 years but the simple fact is that he's been a liability this season.  He hasn't looked the same since he lost Warrington as his goalkeeping coach.  I've seen a lot about since Croudson left but McKeown had a few really good seasons before Warrington left.  I don't know if Russell is any good as a coach or not, but the results in terms of McKeown's output are quite poor.  Surely that's what Russell is judged on?  

No point blaming Russell for any errors when he's played, he looks exactly what he is - a coach who's coming in and doing a half decent job but lacks the sharpness that you lose when you're not training as a player.

Looks like Hurst has brought someone else in which says everything to me.  Good move even if it gives McKeown a kick up the bottom.  Always felt he looked better with some serious competition.

The goal itself.  Fault all round there.  Payne does his job and chases the ball down, forces them into an aimless punt which should have allowed us to recover play and go for one last attack.  Waterfall shouldn't have left him get goal side, Hendrie should have been absolutely screaming at Waterfall to get back behind the man, McKeown should also have been screaming and wiping every fornicator out to claim that ball.   Individual errors or not, there's no communication at all between the back line.  The one benefit of watching on iFollow with no crowd is that you can hear a lot from the pitch, or in Town's case very little.   This isn't about who's captain or not.  The captaincy is just an armband.  I want my 'keeper to be bawling at his defence and I want my leader in defence to be bawling back at him.

I wanted to see them more or less scrapping after that second goal.  I wanted to see them pointing the finger of blame and frothing at the mouth in anger.  Instead, as with all the other errors this season, we've seen heads go down and a shrug of the shoulders.    

Midfield and attack looks loads better with the new additions.  Priorities today have to be a goalkeeper (which looks sorted) and a warrior at the back.  I don't care if he's a footballer or can ping a pass 60 yards.  A real nasty leader who holds people accountable and drags everyone else into place through fear alone.     Waterfall and Pollock look so shot, both physically and mentally, that they need someone giving them a massive rocket for 90+ minutes.
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 93
Eastendmariner
February 1, 2021, 10:30am
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
when your place is under threat you soon pull yr finger out, Concentrate, and are proactive the 2nd goal sat was a joke

nine out ten Goalkeepers would of been straight off their line and either cleared that or caught it as for the back four  

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 93
coddy60
February 1, 2021, 10:34am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +656
Gold Stars: 13
According to Humberside we have agreed to take a Sheff Utd. keeper.

Wish someone would start a thread about it 😉😁
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 93
RonMariner
February 1, 2021, 11:52am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
I wonder if we have seen Macca's final appearance?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 93
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New keeper Monday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.