Reply: 50 - 93
IlkleyMariner
January 30, 2021, 7:12pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
At least Hurst won’t make that mistake again!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 93
RonMariner
January 30, 2021, 7:38pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,797
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Softer than Macca's own goal at Morecambe?

Mmm. Tough one. Would have to see them both again. But I couldn't stand the pain.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 93
RonMariner
January 30, 2021, 7:43pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,797
Gold Stars: 226
To be honest a decent fart would have stopped the ball rolling in for the Russell clanger.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 93
lew chaterleys lover
January 30, 2021, 8:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
I did not see the winning goal as I had to go for my covid jab (a lot less painful than watching the match)

However I have just seen the goal on twitter.

It is hard to believe the lack of concentration from their kick off. I hope Macca wasn't having a drink from his water bottle by the time they kicked off as he seems to spend more time doing that than organising the defence. That goal was unforgivable in the circumstances of such an important game.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 93
HertsGTFC
January 30, 2021, 8:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
I like Macca in his day he’s decent at this level but we’ve not seen “his day” this season IMHO.

I’d have to see the goal again (but prefer not to) but it felt like all 3 of them just went to sleep, completely unprofessional, especially from the captain. Then again concentration has never been his strong point.

Don’t forget earlier in the game he’d gave away a stupid free kick and looked well away from that cross that clipped the post.

I’d be happy to see a keeper come in and him sidelined.

No idea who the captain could be though as Waterfall is a donkey and I’m not convinced Hendrie is interested.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 93
MuddyWaters
January 30, 2021, 8:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I think we will probably agree to disagree, but assuming you were not sat in the stands how can you or I tell where he was when it was pumped from their half?

Because if he’d been where he should have been, he would have started about where the goalscorer touched it.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 93
TownSNAFU5
January 30, 2021, 8:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
Macca is the only player I have publicly or privately criticised this season.  Not because he the captain, not because he is the longest-serving player and not because I expect more from him.

Mainly though because the has played well below his usual standard for most of this season. The final straw has been the number of points he has directly cost us.  This started right at the beginning of the season with some well-published howlers.   The tone was set there and then.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 93
forza ivano
January 30, 2021, 8:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,269
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I like Macca in his day he’s decent at this level but we’ve not seen “his day” this season IMHO.

I’d have to see the goal again (but prefer not to) but it felt like all 3 of them just went to sleep, completely unprofessional, especially from the captain. Then again concentration has never been his strong point.

Don’t forget earlier in the game he’d gave away a stupid free kick and looked well away from that cross that clipped the post.

I’d be happy to see a keeper come in and him sidelined.

No idea who the captain could be though as Waterfall is a donkey and I’m not convinced Hendrie is interested.

Hendrie and Matete were our best players today imho

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 93
TwoLeftFeet
January 30, 2021, 8:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,101
Gold Stars: 19
Hate to criticise any individual player and I've always liked Macca last season I thought he was one of our better players.

This season however the number of poor goals we have given away think we would be foolish not to look for another keeper on loan.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 93
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New keeper Monday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.