Withnail
January 4, 2021, 12:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
They aren’t deeply rooted in Grimsby with a desire to be living here, homers so to speak. They aren’t people that over the years you’d find sat at Blundell Park year in and year out. They’ve probably spent more time at Premier League grounds enjoying hospitality than they have their hometown ground. But for me, their background of being from Grimsby is enough for them to be safe hands and custodians.

In the case of the consortium though, I do not pretend for a minute that their motivation is the love of the club and the town. I think the regeneration programme, the club’s involvement in it, and the profit they can make, is the key driver in them wanting to invest in the club. In the case of Tom Schutes, this is very definitively already in process, since he’s already involved in development in the town, right at the coal face.

I haven't the time nor inclination to respond to every point you make in your lengthy post but felt the need to correct your claim above.

While I have no knowledge of Tom Schutes' or Jason Stockwood's affinity for GTFC, you're way off the money with Andrew Pettit. Andrew has been a season ticket holder for many a year and attends most home games. I've also seen him at plenty of away games over the years, including Histon away, so not just the big ones.

He also had an ambition of buying the club way before there was any talk of regeneration.

Please don't let the facts get in the way of your narrative though...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
Chrisblor
January 4, 2021, 1:12pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,948
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from Withnail

I haven't the time nor inclination to respond to every point you make in your lengthy post but felt the need to correct your claim above.

While I have no knowledge of Tom Schutes' or Jason Stockwood's affinity for GTFC, you're way off the money with Andrew Pettit. Andrew has been a season ticket holder for many a year and attends most home games. I've also seen him at plenty of away games over the years, including Histon away, so not just the big ones.

He also had an ambition of buying the club way before there was any talk of regeneration.

Please don't let the facts get in the way of your narrative though...

For Stockwood as well you can just look through his past tweets to see he's a proper town supporter:

Tweet 305328120465063936 will appear here...

Tweet 455001349995134976 will appear here...

Tweet 569185500961116160 will appear here...

So stick it in your pipe Boris & Phil, you sad masturbations.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
Green27
January 4, 2021, 1:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
What a waste of your life. Someone clearly didn’t have to go back to work today.  

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 50
Boris Johnson
January 4, 2021, 1:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Chrisblor

For Stockwood as well you can just look through his past tweets to see he's a proper town supporter:

Tweet 305328120465063936 will appear here...

Tweet 455001349995134976 will appear here...

Tweet 569185500961116160 will appear here...

So stick it in your pipe Boris & Phil, you sad masturbations.

I'll take no flipping lectures from you or anyone else on supporting this club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
MuddyWaters
January 4, 2021, 1:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
John Fenty invited a convicted fraudster (with multiple identities!) to watch our football club while we, the fans who've loyally stuck with the club, sat at home.

That's all you need to know.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 50
Boris Johnson
January 4, 2021, 1:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters
John Fenty invited a convicted fraudster (with multiple identities!) to watch our football club while we, the fans who've loyally stuck with the club, sat at home.

That's all you need to know.

I stand with Ollie
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 50
paul1717
January 4, 2021, 1:50pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +12
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

I’ve been thinking about all of the characters that have been involved over recent weeks, and what their motivation has been:

Me too.
Davec posts about an article in the 'Times' newspaper written by Gregor Robertson amplifying the unsavory goings on at the managerial level of GTFC.

Just 3 hours later  Fillipe Noche pops up with another one of his almost daily litany's, which in essence is just another regurgitation of his, I’ll tell you a story about JackaNory.

If one is above reproach in business dealings I would certainly feel uncomfortable having a JackaNory wordsmith trying to sing my moral excellence.  

Could it be in times of adversity keep your head down and create a distraction using whatever tool is available.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
Poojah
January 4, 2021, 2:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,672
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from gytone

STOCKWOOD FFS, How many more times can people get his name wrong.

Absolutely, the man has risen from a Grimsby council estate to become the CEO of one of the most impressively run businesses in the UK, and people can't be bothered to get his name right.

In Stockford we trust.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
Boris Johnson
January 4, 2021, 2:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

Absolutely, the man has risen from a Grimsby council estate to become the CEO of one of the most impressively run businesses in the UK, and people can't be bothered to get his name right.

In Stockford we trust.

Just listening to Rumours by Stockwood Mac
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
lew chaterleys lover
January 4, 2021, 2:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
So many things in this depressing episode are odd, but how odd is this?

The Monday after the story broke I was listening to the David Burns show, who was gunning for Fenty and wanted to know how it would affect his council position, and was more or less urging "ratepayers" as he kept calling them, to demand to know what was going on.

He kept saying he was trying to get various people to come and the show to talk about it, but had no luck with anyone from the club or the council.

He also said they were trying to get Mr May to come on to the show - I said good luck with that - as if he is going to come on!

Lo and behold a few minutes later the mysterious Mr May was indeed on the line, and spilled all the beans nicely into Burns' lap.

Before coming on, May knew the game was up; he knew there would be serious consequences for Fenty, especially in his council role, and he knew that his confirmation of what had been going on would be the final nail in the coffin.

It begs the question - why did he do a radio interview he had no need to?  What was his motive? The only logical conclusion I could draw was that he was happy to put the boot into Fenty, which said to me if your business partner, with his appalling track record of fraud and imprisonment, turns against you, then you really have got problems.

That was the moment I knew for sure Fenty was a busted flush. As someone said earlier, isn't it amazing that we have to thank a career criminal for saving our beloved Mariners? God its a strange old world.

PS I would also like to thank our new resident poster for allowing us to remember just what an appalling and disgusting episode this has been and for making sure we don't forget the chief protagonist in it all.  
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Regeneration £££

Thread Rating

There have been 2 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.