15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
marinernige
December 30, 2020, 8:35pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
Pleased that Paul Hurst is back, he knows the league and I think he'll do a good job.
What l don't like is the chairman asking the fans to back the club after all the crap he's given us over the last few weeks. Think he's got a bloody nerve.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 149
MuddyWaters
December 30, 2020, 8:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Ipswin
Shame a great opportunity for a new dawn missed

Money no object for the first time ever and we take a backward step

That's it, time to try Portman Road, I'm done

I hear their forum needs a wind up merchant. šŸ„³
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 149
Stadium
December 30, 2020, 8:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Mallyner

Was that the referee who decided to override the law of football?  

Do you require examples of others that did the same over the years?
There are many if you research.
Of course you can keep reminding yourself of an incident that happened many years ago & making yourself angry.
Alternatively you could just look forward?

ā€œThere's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.ā€- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 149
Swansea_Mariner
December 30, 2020, 8:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,481
Gold Stars: 63
Ipswin must have still been hoping for Paul Harsley šŸ˜
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 149
coddy60
December 30, 2020, 8:55pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +656
Gold Stars: 13
Finally, Chairman Philip Day made a plea to fans following an eventful week. ā€œThe last few days have been very divisive", said Philip. "I trust and hope that everyone can put their differences behind them for the good of the Club. Let us all get behind Paul and the team to ensure that we can move up the table. Paul and the players will need all of us united to support them in their endeavours to achieve this.ā€

Surprised nobody picked up on Days comments there, and I would argue that the last few  days have been divisive, quite the opposite, the fans were pretty much as one in wanting change, next step is clearly to remove the puppet from his non-position...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 149
December 30, 2020, 8:58pm
Guest User
Quoted from Davec

I never got that impression.

It says on the club statement the current board consulted with the consortium. Until it is all signed and completed the consortium are just a consortium.

Hopefully not long before they are in the boardroom.

The consortium has been involved and consulted on Paulā€™s appointment and is very supportive of the Boardā€™s decision.The consortium has been involved and consulted on Paulā€™s appointment and is very supportive of the Boardā€™s decision.

Now I don't know about anyone else, but that implies to me that it WAS the Boards decision.
Reply: 95 - 149
HertsGTFC
December 30, 2020, 8:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,030
Gold Stars: 232
One blast of reality is weā€™ve got a really hard game at the weekend versus Cambridge.

Weā€™ll definitely need us shape !

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s styleĀ Ā 
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 149
pizzzza
December 30, 2020, 9:10pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Ipswin
Shame a great opportunity for a new dawn missed

Money no object for the first time ever and we take a backward step

That's it, time to try Portman Road, I'm done

Bye then.
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 149
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 30, 2020, 9:39pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from 123614

The consortium has been involved and consulted on Paulā€™s appointment and is very supportive of the Boardā€™s decision.The consortium has been involved and consulted on Paulā€™s appointment and is very supportive of the Boardā€™s decision.

Now I don't know about anyone else, but that implies to me that it WAS the Boards decision.

Well it has to be doesnā€™t it? Nothing has been cleared by the EFL yet so nothing has actually happened. Any decisions have to be officially made by the current board, perhaps with some unofficial ā€œadviceā€ from the new owners.

ā€œIf all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.ā€
ā€• John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 149
Heisenberg
December 30, 2020, 9:41pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,116
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from HertsGTFC
One blast of reality is weā€™ve got a really hard game at the weekend versus Cambridge.

Weā€™ll definitely need us shape !

Well after storming it in the earlier weeks, they seem to lose every game now. Theyā€™re not in the playoff spots anymore. We have a chance, at least.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 149
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst and Doig have rejoined us

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.