Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway resigns  (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 74 Guests

Holloway resigns  (merged)

This thread currently has 23,692 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
TwoLeftFeet
December 23, 2020, 10:46am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,102
Gold Stars: 19
Of course the new owners contacted you Ian they wanted to know if you was still on board or not.. Feel this could be a positive for me we are in big trouble and I wouldn't have wanted IH anywhere near the Jan window personally.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 178
Gainsbro_Mariner
December 23, 2020, 10:46am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,459
Gold Stars: 15
Not one for losing my temper, but in my 35 years of supporting Town I have never been so infuriated with a departure as I am today. I am under no illusion that he was under achieving and off the field issues were currently effecting all at the club, but the way this has gone about is absolute s**thousery at its finest from both Holloway and the board. It is literally only days since Holloway's rousing statement saying he is here until told otherwise and he is staying for the fans. During that time we have beaten our local rivals something to at least give people a boost, despite last nights game.

This really feels like a practical joke, had Holloway have joined us and not have praised the fans and the history of the club at every turn and in every interview, made promises of investment, publicised wishes of wanting to take us up the League's then this would be a lot better received. He brought in a media circus and has been outspoken ever since joining the club, he has drunk up every bit of love, respect and charity that the fans have offered so today I feel is a big intercourse you back in the face of the fans who are again watching a complete and utter clusterf**k absorbing the club. If he loved the fans as much as he repeatedly told us then he would have made a way for this to work. All in all this is probably arguably one of the worst appointments the clubs has made, certainly from an embarrassment factor due to all the hype and promises made.

Where will Holloway go now? I couldn't give a intercourse, probably back on TV, back in some kind of media spotlight. I don't blame the man for having his opinions and feelings towards the board but I wanted and expected him to at least have some bottle and fight in him.

As for the board, Wow! well done guys, you have handled this with all the grace of a reversing Texaco Oil tanker, this Alex May saga has brought huge embarrassment to the club, and its obvious his offer was being entertained until the media cottoned on to it and alerted the fans. This club will never progress until it's ran by decent, honest, people who care about this club top to bottom. At the moment this club is an absolute disgrace and I can't see it stopping until big changes happen.

One last thing, whatever mad man wants to come in and take this job will now have a monumental task in trying to save this club from relegation. We arguably have the worst set of players since 2009/10 since we last went down, if anyone can come in and keep us up, then seriously you will earn my respect for life.

Another bad day in the life of being a Town fan.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 178
Quagmire
December 23, 2020, 10:49am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from SomeSanity

On the flipside, this is shite timing for us, needing a manager for our mist important transfer window in years,

I wonder if this is one last attempt to stick two fingers up at the fans by Fenty .... this is what we'll do Ollie, this will leave them in a right mess, and they'll regret me leaving ..

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 178
JoeTheMariner
December 23, 2020, 10:50am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +52
Who takes charge in the immediate future then? We've still got games to play on Boxing Day (unless cancelled). We haven't got an assistant who can step up, what about coaches? excrement time to resigns ffs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 178
jonnyboy82
December 23, 2020, 10:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Anyone getting the feeling we have dodged a bullet?

I mean the bloke was getting crazier as each week paased.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 178
vernontown
December 23, 2020, 10:52am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +93
Gold Stars: 8
Holloway seems to me to have a borderline personality disorder! Just talks utter rubbish and believes his own narcissist hype.  Glad he's gone, but he's left us in the proverbial. For all the talk of January clearout, it's not that straight forward. The club can't get out of employment contracts unless the players concerned agree. His atrocious recruitment has left whoever now makes the decisions in an impossible position. A squad packed with utter dross, that will be difficult to get out the door to enable new signings to be made. The only upside is there are at least a few player out injured who are possibly capable of keeping us up when they come back, eg. Max.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 178
Gainsbro_Mariner
December 23, 2020, 10:53am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,459
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from JoeTheMariner
Who takes charge in the immediate future then? We've still got games to play on Boxing Day (unless cancelled). We haven't got an assistant who can step up, what about coaches? excrement time to resigns ffs

You know what, wouldn't be shocked to see it go to Filipe Morais. UEFA A Coaching badge, not even a coach here but probably the most qualified to take over in the interim. Already did it at Crawley in the past.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 178
joe56
December 23, 2020, 10:53am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 3
My son, who follows Town but in a rather detached way nowadays, has just sent me this text:

“It always follows the same tedious predictable pattern:

- Rumour Mill
- Appointment (he’ll be great, we’re going up)
- Wins a couple of games (we’re definitely going up)
- Players are crap, loses a couple of games
- Fans start to complain
- Loses more games (tactics are crap, players out of position, we know better than the manager)
- Wins a couple (stay of execution)
- Loses a couple more
- Sacked

Repeat until the end of time.”

Well, it made me laugh! One thing I’ll predict with total confidence: whoever the new manager turns out to be, there’ll be people on here calling for his head within 3 months. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 178
aldi_01
December 23, 2020, 10:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Perhaps we’re gonna offer the ‘manager’ experience for £325 a game...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 178
mariner91
December 23, 2020, 10:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,809
Gold Stars: 262
Absolute bottle job. Left us in the lurch. Take your soundbites and f*ck off you dishonest charlatan.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 178
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway resigns  (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.