3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
December 22, 2020, 9:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,490
Gold Stars: 536
I fear the worst. I really do, Holloways recruitment in the summer has left me no trust in him bringing in the players we need. The current crop are awful, demoralising
Logged Offline
Private Message
TAGG
December 22, 2020, 9:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,939
Gold Stars: 126
If we can't get a result against the likes of Southend and Bradford then we are copulated

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
promotion plaice
December 22, 2020, 9:59pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200

I voted for "Depends who we bring in" but after seeing most of the signings Holloway has brought in I'm not holding my breath.

Anyone that thinks we aren't in trouble needs to give their head a wobble.

Only positive tonight, the pressure is still on Mr Fenty.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
RonMariner
December 22, 2020, 10:03pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,798
Gold Stars: 226
The logical choice would be to vote 'Depends on who we bring in', but given our track record in bringing in players over the last decade, we will bring in some cast offs and free transfers, either kids or crocks. Look at the players we signed in the summer.

If we continue the 'cheapest is best' approach we will go down. If we continue to make false economies in the playing budget we will go down.

It really is simple. We need to invest in quality players. They just do not come on the cheap.

If the glorious leader won't provide the necessary funds to make us competitive he should stand aside immediately and sell to those who will. The last time we skimped on the playing budget we lost millions in revenue during our six year exile in the conference. (Rougly 500,000 to 600,000 p.a.).That is what happens when you starve the squad of quality. But I can't see him leaving.

I have zero confidence in Fenty. It remains to be seen what Holloway can do. So far he has assembled the worst team in the country.

So that's why I voted Yes.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
LH
December 22, 2020, 10:09pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,567
Gold Stars: 174
We’re not adrift but it is a huge overhaul job required to get us looking even half good enough to stay up. Longgggg second half of the season coming.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
ginnywings
December 22, 2020, 10:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Too many variables and too many games left yet to be reasonably sure one way or another. 3 or 4 good signings and some players already here back fit and firing and it's a different scenario.

Look how good Morais has been. Few more players like him around and we won't struggle as much. Bradford were no better than us, but what they did have was more experience where it mattered.

IF covid carries on at this rate, the season will be getting curtailed again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
Bigdog
December 22, 2020, 10:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Same poll when the transfer window closes please..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
grimsby pete
December 22, 2020, 10:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
If money is available and Day said.there is.

I hope we can find a.striker who scored regularly and stays fit most of the time.

Time for the cheque book to come out.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
Rodley Mariner
December 22, 2020, 10:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
We've been excrement, not capitalised when we've played well and been pretty unlucky as well. And we're still 6 points outside the bottom 2. I think we'll be alright.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
Mariner16
December 22, 2020, 10:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 4
I am hoping that the quality of Morais is just the start of what we need in. I back the manager to get it right in Jan but it still won't excuse how wrong we got it in the summer from the board down and why we're having to rescue halfway through.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Will we go down

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.