3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Mayaman
December 23, 2020, 3:21am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Depends who we bring in is such a cop out.   Either way you will be right.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
OneLove
December 23, 2020, 6:16am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
The 442 performances are much better, I have faith that we could survive this season if he sticks at it. We have potential, morais is a great signing the best this season, get him, scannell, bennett, williams and an experienced striker up front with the try hard jackson, its there. But worryingly the way everything off and on the pitch is going it would be our luck we did the dreaded drop out the league and with the second worst goal difference in the league proves the areas we are desperate in.
Lets see what jan brings in and prey its good!
FENTY OUT
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
Ipswin
December 23, 2020, 7:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
My biggest concern is Holloway's recruitment I hoped (and was told) in the crazy circus that announced his arrival that his ex-players, who would of course be experienced if a little long in the tooth, would be melting his phone as they clamoured to play for him

Apart from Clarke, who was looking for a berth until he found something better, it simply hasn't happened and I don't blame the Covid clause, there was no rush to renew their association with wnderful Ollie before that came in

He was sadly kidding himself (and us) and experience is probably the key that is missing and will stay missing unless another couple of candidates for the treatment table limp into BP

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
aldi_01
December 23, 2020, 8:10am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The simple answer is, who knows? At times we look confident and can knock the ball about but in truth we don’t get very far and at the moment don’t score enough goals to win a couple of games let alone score enough to keep us up.

Naturally comparisons to the side that took us down will be made; there were some players in that bunch who, in their day had or could be good but the clear lack of professionalism in that side was the issue. We can look at the manager, the overall leadership of the club and so forth but equally, the players have a duty to remain professional and they weren’t.

This side is professional I just don’t think enough of them are any good. Spokes gives his all and that should be recognised but in my opinion he isn’t good enough. Aside from Hanson, who quite frankly is a waste of money given how often he’s injured, our strikers are terrible. That isn’t just because the service to them is poor, when they’re in the right position they just never look like scoring.

There’s some positives, Pollock is decent, Clifton still gives you everything (still not convinced that he’d be getting a game had he been brought in rather than came up through the youth system), Hewitt has improved, Edwards looks alright and Hendrie is still a steady eddy.

I do believe we could stay up but something has to give because we are a very poor side and sadly, the only people to blame if we go down will be ourselves.

Regardless of level, every single player in that promotion side would walk in to this team...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
golfer
December 23, 2020, 9:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 117
The 4th choice in the vote should be  "Who we get out "
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Will we go down

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.