This thread currently has 2,944 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
December 15, 2020, 10:24pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
I am sure I will miss loads but these spring to mind.

1. Letting experienced players go and signing multiple cheap replacements whose combined wages were probably more.
2. Deciding a single pre-season friendly with Cleethorpes would be a sufficient pre-season
3. Deciding to play a style of football that didn't suit the squad we had, then instead of changing the style deciding he would have to change the players several months later when the window re-opened,
4. Dropping McKeown because he didn't suit the style of play he was attempting (see 3).
5. Constant rotation of players, almost half the side changed every week in the early season. Any chance of players getting to know one another went out the window.
6. Blaming everyone but himself

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
thefish
December 15, 2020, 10:24pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Coming to Grimsby...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
Hagrid
December 15, 2020, 10:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
His constant bullshit found out
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
davmariner
December 15, 2020, 10:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,959
Gold Stars: 79
Telling fans how well the club is run despite everything we’ve seen over the last couple of decades

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
Boris Johnson
December 15, 2020, 10:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
I dont believe he has vetted the younger players, I think he took them on the say so of one or more of his scouting mates. I dont htink he saw certain players ever play. I think he has been negligent in this area.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
fishboyUTM
December 15, 2020, 10:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
I'm still behind him, but I agree any other manager would probably be about due his P45. I can understand people calling for his head, but did he insist on the Covid clauses? Did he release Charles Vernam? Jake Hessenthaler? Who knows? But I do know since John Fenty has owned this club we've been an absolute disgrace on all fronts and that ultimate relegation is looming once more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
Gainsbro_Mariner
December 15, 2020, 10:29pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 14
Coaching staff is the biggest. I was surprised he didn't arrive with a couple of experienced seasoned coaches.

Fair enough, go with Limbrick. But when he left he wasn't replaced, leaving the entire squad to be coached by Ollie, Ben Davies (who's never coached at senior level before his appointment) and Sam Russell who is a player still. Think we had a squad of 39 at one point. Huge task.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
grimsby pete
December 15, 2020, 10:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
Thinking Grimsby was a well run club.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
Ipswin
December 15, 2020, 10:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from fishboyUTM
I'm still behind him, but I agree any other manager would probably be about due his P45. I can understand people calling for his head, but did he insist on the Covid clauses? Did he release Charles Vernam? Jake Hessenthaler? Who knows? But I do know since John Fenty has owned this club we've been an absolute disgrace on all fronts and that ultimate relegation is looming once more.

For felicitations sake we have to stop excusing him and hiding behind Fenty's obvious failings all the time. Fenty has copulated up for years Holloway has managed to do even worse in one year. If Fenty (and May) gave him the budget to have the pick of the Premier League he'd still manage to intercourse it up by asking them to play some strange style even he doesn't understand from one game to the next,, blame everyone else (and Covid) and talk absolute balderdash every time he's interviewed

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
Croxton
December 15, 2020, 10:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
Making Clifton and Pollock look worse than they are through his style of play. Even Windsor has regressed. Hanging on for Hanson who has played him like the proverbial, picking Morton over the ticket office staff and boring players to tears on the training ground. When you start thinking the journalists are the problem you have gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway's mistakes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.