Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, December 15, 2020, 10:24pm
I am sure I will miss loads but these spring to mind.

1. Letting experienced players go and signing multiple cheap replacements whose combined wages were probably more.
2. Deciding a single pre-season friendly with Cleethorpes would be a sufficient pre-season
3. Deciding to play a style of football that didn't suit the squad we had, then instead of changing the style deciding he would have to change the players several months later when the window re-opened,
4. Dropping McKeown because he didn't suit the style of play he was attempting (see 3).
5. Constant rotation of players, almost half the side changed every week in the early season. Any chance of players getting to know one another went out the window.
6. Blaming everyone but himself

Posted by: thefish, December 15, 2020, 10:24pm; Reply: 1
Coming to Grimsby...
Posted by: Hagrid, December 15, 2020, 10:25pm; Reply: 2
His constant bullshit found out
Posted by: davmariner, December 15, 2020, 10:25pm; Reply: 3
Telling fans how well the club is run despite everything we’ve seen over the last couple of decades
Posted by: Boris Johnson, December 15, 2020, 10:26pm; Reply: 4
I dont believe he has vetted the younger players, I think he took them on the say so of one or more of his scouting mates. I dont htink he saw certain players ever play. I think he has been negligent in this area.
Posted by: fishboyUTM, December 15, 2020, 10:28pm; Reply: 5
I'm still behind him, but I agree any other manager would probably be about due his P45. I can understand people calling for his head, but did he insist on the Covid clauses? Did he release Charles Vernam? Jake Hessenthaler? Who knows? But I do know since John Fenty has owned this club we've been an absolute disgrace on all fronts and that ultimate relegation is looming once more.
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, December 15, 2020, 10:29pm; Reply: 6
Coaching staff is the biggest. I was surprised he didn't arrive with a couple of experienced seasoned coaches.

Fair enough, go with Limbrick. But when he left he wasn't replaced, leaving the entire squad to be coached by Ollie, Ben Davies (who's never coached at senior level before his appointment) and Sam Russell who is a player still. Think we had a squad of 39 at one point. Huge task.
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 15, 2020, 10:32pm; Reply: 7
Thinking Grimsby was a well run club.
Posted by: Ipswin, December 15, 2020, 10:34pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from fishboyUTM
I'm still behind him, but I agree any other manager would probably be about due his P45. I can understand people calling for his head, but did he insist on the Covid clauses? Did he release Charles Vernam? Jake Hessenthaler? Who knows? But I do know since John Fenty has owned this club we've been an absolute disgrace on all fronts and that ultimate relegation is looming once more.

For felicitations sake we have to stop excusing him and hiding behind Fenty's obvious failings all the time. Fenty has copulated up for years Holloway has managed to do even worse in one year. If Fenty (and May) gave him the budget to have the pick of the Premier League he'd still manage to intercourse it up by asking them to play some strange style even he doesn't understand from one game to the next,, blame everyone else (and Covid) and talk absolute balderdash every time he's interviewed

Posted by: Croxton, December 15, 2020, 10:35pm; Reply: 9
Making Clifton and Pollock look worse than they are through his style of play. Even Windsor has regressed. Hanging on for Hanson who has played him like the proverbial, picking Morton over the ticket office staff and boring players to tears on the training ground. When you start thinking the journalists are the problem you have gone.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 15, 2020, 10:39pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from GrimRob
I am sure I will miss loads but these spring to mind.

1. Letting experienced players go and signing multiple cheap replacements whose combined wages were probably more.
2. Deciding a single pre-season friendly with Cleethorpes would be a sufficient pre-season
3. Deciding to play a style of football that didn't suit the squad we had, then instead of changing the style deciding he would have to change the players several months later when the window re-opened,
4. Dropping McKeown because he didn't suit the style of play he was attempting (see 3).
5. Constant rotation of players, almost half the side changed every week in the early season. Any chance of players getting to know one another went out the window.
6. Blaming everyone but himself

- Digging out the players publicly

- Dropping the captain

- Letting 2 CB’s go without replacing them

- Not having a proper assistant manager

- Telling them that some will be going in the window

- Moaning how tough it’s been in COVID whilst people have lost loved ones, 1000’s of jobs gone and key workers breaking their backs.

- Pissing away FA Cup progress to Dagenham

If I dwell on it there’s probably more.  
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 15, 2020, 10:40pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Croxton
Making Clifton and Pollock look worse than they are through his style of play. Even Windsor has regressed. Hanging on for Hanson who has played him like the proverbial, picking Morton over the ticket office staff and boring players to tears on the training ground. When you start thinking the journalists are the problem you have gone.

Add all this to the list I’ve added to Rob’s post
Posted by: SomeSanity, December 15, 2020, 10:41pm; Reply: 12
Playing Clifton anywhere but his actual position.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 15, 2020, 10:43pm; Reply: 13
Believing John Fenty
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, December 15, 2020, 10:44pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from SomeSanity
Playing Clifton anywhere but his actual position.

To be honest Clifton has never progressed as we hoped he would and whilst he is tireless and gives 100% the lad is just not good enough to play L2 football as first choice.
Posted by: SomeSanity, December 15, 2020, 10:47pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

To be honest Clifton has never progressed as we hoped he would and whilst he is tireless and gives 100% the lad is just not good enough to play L2 football as first choice.

He's one of our own... You can't say that  ;)

Either way, utility player he isn't. He's no worse than the other CM's we have though.
Posted by: toontown, December 15, 2020, 11:01pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from SomeSanity

He's one of our own... You can't say that  ;)

Either way, utility player he isn't. He's no worse than the other CM's we have though.

How can you say he isn't a utility player? He's been played left back right back wing back and centre mid just in the last few weeks alone. You could add right midfield, attacking midfield etc this season. One quality he does have is adaptability.
Posted by: SomeSanity, December 15, 2020, 11:05pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from toontown

How can you say he isn't a utility player? He's been played left back right back wing back and centre mid just in the last few weeks alone. You could add right midfield, attacking midfield etc this season. One quality he does have is adaptability.

You could play any player  in lots of positions and call them a  utility player. One thing you get from Clifton is a solid performance but I think he's better than simply filling on the gaps.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, December 15, 2020, 11:10pm; Reply: 18
......no 6 blaming everyone else.

Add, blaming everything else (Covid, fixtures, no crowds, injuries, players not ready or fit, or not following orders or not playing well).
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 15, 2020, 11:18pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Croxton

I was only saying to a mate the other day, I thought Pollock's performances have gone backwards compared with last season.
Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 3:02am