essexexile
December 15, 2020, 10:13pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +186
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Ipswin

There will be plenty of applicants after all whoever gets the job can hide behind the awful shower of excrement he inherited

Big Sams available
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 99
mariner91
December 15, 2020, 10:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,725
Gold Stars: 262
His interviews, his demeanour, his appearance and his actions (tactics, selections) etc, I think he's suffering from a mental health issue. What it is I don't know but something is off about him. He's not the man that was in charge for the first three months of this year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 99
Ipswin
December 15, 2020, 10:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
These players need a strong leader , someone who’s going to pull them together and not talk bollox

Trouble is I don't think many of them give a excrement

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 99
headingly_mariner
December 15, 2020, 10:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,391
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from Poojah
I think if you were to take his profile out of the equation, there'd be near unanimous calls for him to go. Evidently, if not unanimous, those calling for his head are understandably mounting.

My worry is however that with the off the field fiasco that's currently underway, this couldn't be a worse time to try and appoint a new manager. Who on earth would want it under present circumstances?

If anything though, the pressure is surely mounting on Fenty to relinquish control. He needs to realise quickly that failure to do so will almost certainly consign us to the non-league abyss for a second time. And I'm by no means convinced we'd be back anytime soon.

Absolutely and these are not normal times anyway.
We let good players leave and didn’t come back from furlough early enough. The board have to take a lot of responsibility for that. Added to that we have a huge injury list at the minute.

I hold onto the hope that last season he recruited well and got us playing. I’d give him the window.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 99
arryarryarry
December 15, 2020, 10:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from aldi_01
Surely though, the constant blaming of everything but themselves, manager included, there’s no wonder the players don’t seem overly arsed if we lose a goal or the match...there’s zero accountability.

Top to bottom, flipping nothing...

They don't ever look bothered when we concede a goal.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 99
Hagrid
December 15, 2020, 10:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Why would they? Half of them are loans. Theyve got no fans in the ground to give them any excrement. They dont give a damn. I said this after the tranmere game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 99
HertsGTFC
December 15, 2020, 10:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ginnywings
I thought we should give him Jan and still do.

Otherwise, Graham Alexander anyone?

I’d take Alexander but he’s got standards I’m sure and wouldn’t stoop so low to work for Fenty, Day and Mr “Shut Up”.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 99
Swansea_Mariner
December 15, 2020, 10:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
I don't know what to say really, the GTFC wrecking ball that is John Fenty assigns yet another manager's career to the dump.

Bignot, yes he was all over the place but he seemed a decent guy and perhaps should have been given a little longer after making so many new signings.

I was absolutely desperate for Slade to go, I never wanted him back, but watching the man crumble in those last few games was a bit soul destroying to be honest. Didn't want him but really  felt for him at the end.

Then Jolley literally exploded. Blew his top completely at our budget.

Now this, I honestly thought if Ollie can't get us going  nobody will. So what now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 99
Gainsbro_Mariner
December 15, 2020, 10:20pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 14
Hate to fall into the feeling but something needs to happen. These results are completely unacceptable.

We had an average side under MJ, Ollie comes in makes a few shrewd signings and we start to pick up. Then the summer hits and he makes the decision to release certain players namely Hessenthaler, Whitehouse etc I am assuming because he thought whe could replace them with better players, then we get hit with the losses of Vernam and Clarke coupled with Burnley refusing to loan back Benson and Driscoll.

Then starts a recruitment drive that has given us arguably the worst team we've had in a fair few years. I mean this lot are probably worse than practically all of our National League squads under Scott and Hurst.

So what do we do? We are worse off and before this fiasco he's telling us he's honoured to manage us and wants to give us a team to be proud of. Well I can tell you that even our better players are pretty poor at the moment. We are woefully bad!

I am sure the lack of fans doesn't help, Covid didn't help, a shoestring budget didn't help but we can't make excuses up for our failures. I'm just sick of year after year, season after season having a consistently poor football team. Whatever manager we have, whatever players we have they seem to inherit the traits of the people they replace. It's getting boring now.

Do I want to get rid of Holloway? I'm under no illusion that he's not doing a very good job.i mean for a start he needs help and a proper coaching staff, but who would we get in? What other mad man is going to what to come and lead this circus? A club where the board aren't ambitious, a club where the board are just happy existing. Whoever our manager is will face the same problems as Ollie and no doubt when this team are moved on we'll end up with another equally uninspiring bunch.

Wake me up when the nightmare ends please.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 99
Iknowyoursecret
December 15, 2020, 10:21pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
After his rant at the officials and it looked like he called one of them a four letttered word.Discusting .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 99
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway needs to go

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.