jamesgtfc
December 12, 2020, 10:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from ginnywings
In Ollie's post match, he's now saying he may no longer be looking for a new keeper, and that the two current ones can be competition for each other. Sounds like Russell may be getting more game time.

When I heard the interview tonight, the first thing I thought was that Macca has told Holloway he's not going anywhere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 55
geir
December 13, 2020, 1:23am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from jamesgtfc

When I heard the interview tonight, the first thing I thought was that Macca has told Holloway he's not going anywhere.

I can understand that. Isn`t there a testimonial coming up for Macca in the relatively near future? I guess it is impossible now without fans at the stadium, but soon. After that he may leave if he don`t find things  to his liking at the club.

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 55
jamesgtfc
December 13, 2020, 1:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from geir

I can understand that. Isn`t there a testimonial coming up for Macca in the relatively near future? I guess it is impossible now without fans at the stadium, but soon. After that he may leave if he don`t find things  to his liking at the club.

I believe his contract ends in 18 months which is when he will be due a testimonial. At his age, it's his only chance and probably a decent money earner for him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 55
Henryscat
December 13, 2020, 8:55am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Quoted from ginnywings
In Ollie's post match, he's now saying he may no longer be looking for a new keeper, and that the two current ones can be competition for each other. Sounds like Russell may be getting more game time.

To be fair other than the penalty (which he really probably had no other option) I thought Russell had a very competent game. Granted he wasn’t tested much at shot stopping but his distribution was good and (in my eyes) he had the ones that went wide covered.

If we have decent competition for the shirt already will those wages be better off spent in another position?

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 55
Abdul19
December 13, 2020, 9:26am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,576
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I believe his contract ends in 18 months which is when he will be due a testimonial. At his age, it's his only chance and probably a decent money earner for him.

This summer will be 10 years since he signed

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 55
Withnail
December 13, 2020, 12:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Henryscat

To be fair other than the penalty (which he really probably had no other option) I thought Russell had a very competent game. Granted he wasn’t tested much at shot stopping but his distribution was good and (in my eyes) he had the ones that went wide covered.

If we have decent competition for the shirt already will those wages be better off spent in another position?

Soz, just seen this. I've created a new thread, saying the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Keeper

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.