8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
November 7, 2020, 7:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Okay, so we get done by a team in a division lower than ourselves and the fishy goes into meltdown overdrive.
When will people get a grip and see the bigger picture.?
We have an extremely experienced manager who's currently trying to get a squad of players, who are still getting to know each other and adapt to a style of play they've never played before and will need time and patience before we see the benefits.
This season was always about transition, it's been hectic with a compressed time table and games coming thick n fast.
I for one am truly confident Holloway is getting it right in his methodology and in time we will be a force to be reckoned with in this league and will be one if the better "footballing" teams,!...
So get off the negativity horse and try to see the bigger picture...
Logged Offline
Private Message
dapperz fun pub
November 7, 2020, 8:04pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,020
Gold Stars: 84
Results business and we’re not getting them often enough
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 73
Northbank Mariner
November 7, 2020, 8:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Results business and we’re not getting them often enough

Absolute tosh...like so many you expect us to be smashing every other team 10-0 week in, week out... does my nut in!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 73
dapperz fun pub
November 7, 2020, 8:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Absolute tosh...like so many you expect us to be smashing every other team 10-0 week in, week out... does my nut in!..

Funnily enough I thought we should have enough to beat the bottom team in the conference .... we couldn’t manage it , to me that’s absolute tosh
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 73
promotion plaice
November 7, 2020, 8:18pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200

Calming down now, gutted about today's result and lack of goals again barring a penalty

but  

I still think Ollie will do a job for us given time, we're all aloud a bit of a rant over a poor result aren't we  

When we play well I'm the first to praise the team.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 73
Yoda
November 7, 2020, 8:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
Today was not good enough and the management and players need telling that.
Let’s see if we get a reaction.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 73
denni266
November 7, 2020, 8:24pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Its every next window   or every next season  , but it never happens.. . am afraid that this squad just does not have it apart from the odd moment,  they are not even average . I dont expect us to be smashing the league a new one ,, but christ on a bike we are very poor very poor
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 73
arryarryarry
November 7, 2020, 8:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 117

Absolute tosh is what you are blabbing on about.

Just show one statement on here that someone said we should have won 10-0 week in week out.

What I didn't expect was to be spanked by the team bottom of the National League.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 73
dapperz fun pub
November 7, 2020, 8:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from denni266
Its every next window   or every next season  , but it never happens.. . am afraid that this squad just does not have it apart from the odd moment,  they are not even average . I dont expect us to be smashing the league a new one ,, but christ on a bike we are very poor very poor

Sadly you're right
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 73
MuddyWaters
November 7, 2020, 8:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Okay, so we get done by a team in a division lower than ourselves and the fishy goes into meltdown overdrive.
When will people get a grip and see the bigger picture.?
We have an extremely experienced manager who's currently trying to get a squad of players, who are still getting to know each other and adapt to a style of play they've never played before and will need time and patience before we see the benefits.
This season was always about transition, it's been hectic with a compressed time table and games coming thick n fast.
I for one am truly confident Holloway is getting it right in his methodology and in time we will be a force to be reckoned with in this league and will be one if the better "footballing" teams,!...
So get off the negativity horse and try to see the bigger picture...

So sick of negativity? I’m sick of Grimsby Town talking the talk but not walking the walk. I want to see us winning football matches not debating whether our keeper should be impersonating Manuel Neuer. Are we really supposed to just sit here and accept the season is effectively over?

It’s bad enough paying for season tickets and not getting to watch the games without being told to ‘look at the bigger picture’ when your team capitulate against the team at the bottom of the league below.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 73
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So sick of negativity

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.