Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are bottom of the league...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 262 Guests

We are bottom of the league...

This thread currently has 9,539 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Impish2
October 4, 2020, 10:28am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +55
Quoted from Lincs Iron man
I thought Ollie was the latest messiah a little like mr jolley??

Your season will be over before it's started boys

We have been hit and miss here but Cox knows what he's doing and a good shake up is needed. Playoffs is our minimum this season.

I see the Gimps have got off to a flyer. Maybe letting the Cowley's go was a great move by their board but I'm sure we will be back at Lincolnshire's Number biggest Number one club and with gates of 9 - 10k just like the gimps within three years. You heard it here first

Biggest number one club in Lincolnshire? Intercourse me, you never have and ever will be as big a club as us or the cods. As for 9-10k, you wouldn’t even get that playing in the Championship with away sides bringing a couple of thousand every home game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 54
Helgy
October 4, 2020, 10:54am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Scunny only used to get 4-5k in the championship and when you go around their town all you see is Liverpool tops.
They just don’t have the fan base to get 10k & lack any local interest.
I saw that you had raised a good amount again but those in charge again cocked things up.
All that good work undone by bad club PR.
Everytime we had a fundraiser is was used to get players in.
People can see what they have contributed to.
Hats off to you everytime you all pull in the right direction and raise some good funds for your club.

We are all in uncertain time’s and no club is safe at the moment we can only hope the EFL get a rescue package sorted otherwise soon there will be no clubs left.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 54
buckstown
October 4, 2020, 11:03am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,205
Gold Stars: 79
These are worrying times for a number of reasons but it's a bit early to panic. The squad was late coming together and this virus issue won't help
Lets not forget it took Liam Hearn 8-10 games to bag his first goal so one of these new boys could step up to the plate, plus we have a manager who we know can sort it out.
The major concern is that the same person is in charge and his track record speaks for itself. It's quite possible that Olly might get demoralised with the penny pinching and jump ship before it's turned round. Hoping for a quick turn round but not overly confident
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 54
HertsGTFC
October 4, 2020, 11:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Honestly yes...we've something like 6 strikers on the books now but only 1 proven goal scorer, Green isn't going to get you double figures and the others are from non league and below. Unfortunately that's where we are at the moment, it's not going to change and we can only rely on Holloway coming up with a style of play that gets us out the mire. Stark reality and not one we want to a accept or see but we could be in big bother of this season is seen out to the end.

I’ve thought about this a lot and the current situation has me worried.

Bottom of the league, a busy treatment table and a team currently made up of youngsters, loanees, non league step ups and what quality we do have is historically injury prone. The players from last year are earning 25% less which is better than no pay but I’m not sure how motivated I’d be if it was me.

The manager clearly has background and talks well but he’s already started to get some excuses in early and his phone isn’t as busy with players wanting to play for him as he’d have liked or we believed. We’ve also lost a coach who it appears a lot of the players respected.

Deadline day is approaching but I’d be amazed if we recruited anyone else with the current uncertainty. Any free agents we bring in over time will take a while to get going.

On the pitch..... well if Tilley’s shot at the of first game had been 6 inches to the right we’d have got a draw and certainly in the last game for the first half at least the Salford keeper was busier than Macca and but this is all “if’s and ands”. In reality we’ve looked well under cooked.

Off the pitch we’ve just lost two weeks to COVID and the lack of clarity about why, how, when etc.. is as much of a concern as a possible EFL sanction.

When we get playing again it’s 2 away trips Bolton and Orient .... 2 games where we need to avoid defeat as a minimum.

On the face of it clearly we’ve only played 2 games (but when do teams win all their games in hand) so it’s early days but things need to happen now or Ian Holloway could have something on his relatively impressive CV that no Manager would ever want.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 54
HertsGTFC
October 4, 2020, 11:12am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Impish2

Biggest number one club in Lincolnshire? Intercourse me, you never have and ever will be as big a club as us or the cods. As for 9-10k, you wouldn’t even get that playing in the Championship with away sides bringing a couple of thousand every home game.

Highlight of the season so far for me....

Lincoln supporters using the Fishy to stick it to a Scunt ...... classic!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 54
HertsGTFC
October 4, 2020, 11:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Helgy
Scunny only used to get 4-5k in the championship and when you go around their town all you see is Liverpool tops.
They just don’t have the fan base to get 10k & lack any local interest.
I saw that you had raised a good amount again but those in charge again cocked things up.
All that good work undone by bad club PR.
Everytime we had a fundraiser is was used to get players in.
People can see what they have contributed to.
Hats off to you everytime you all pull in the right direction and raise some good funds for your club.

We are all in uncertain time’s and no club is safe at the moment we can only hope the EFL get a rescue package sorted otherwise soon there will be no clubs left.

I’d suspect we’ve used it on players but the quality & level of talent we’ve brought in is let’s say “uncertain” at this stage, let’s hope it gels soon.

Very uncertain times and times when I’m sure every EFL club has been impacted to a degree.

I’d like to believe that we’ll ride this out but  like a few others the lack of match day income could ultimately cost us our league status.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 54
Bigdog
October 4, 2020, 2:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Teestogreen
Not often are Town bottom but better now than at the end of the season.
I’m confident that our non league striker signings will come up to speed - maybe not immediately - and Covid 19 isnt making it any easier - but Town will get over this and other clubs will unfortunately fall foul of the virus to level the playing field - if they are honest with reporting positive Covid test results / monitoring symptoms in playing and admin staff

UTM

Past twenty years in the Football League, we get a nosebleed if we reach the heady heights of 14th in League Two. Not often bottom maybe, but always bottom half, never top. We've been transformed into perennial bottom feeders.. and it's tiresome and it fooking hurts..

John Fenty future GTFC epitaph.. "Not Often Bottom" about sums it up..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 54
supertown
October 4, 2020, 3:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
We’ve played 2 games and have 0 points, if we were not bottom with that start then there would be something seriously wrong . Calm down
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 54
promotion plaice
October 4, 2020, 4:20pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,088
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from supertown
We’ve played 2 games and have 0 points, if we were not bottom with that start then there would be something seriously wrong . Calm down

Just scares me the way we have lost, especially second-half against Salford.

In my opinion we have gone backwards this summer and constantly doings things on the cheap finally catches up with you.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 54
Bristol Mariner
October 4, 2020, 4:24pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Boris Johnson
In trouble lads

You’re a bigger Bell 🛎 end than the real BJ. Do you go to games out of interest?

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are bottom of the league...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.