2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
September 10, 2020, 2:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,667
Gold Stars: 1,508
Good, long interview with Matt Dean here ahead of the weekend's game at Walsall:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08r22mr

Amongst other things:
  • Hasn't seen Louis Boyd since Tuesday night as he's back at school, considering naming him in the squad on Saturday if he's allowed to travel

• Hasn't spoken to anyone about Bogle, although he did intimate he had spoken to his representatives about other players they look after

• Says he's more excited by Owura Edwards than any young player he's ever had

• Inferred that he's delivered a few home truths to one or two players during a recent team meeting. No names mentioned, but immediately went on to mention Ohman and how impressed he was with him on Tuesday night; doesn't feel as if he can leave him out after that performance
Decent interview, although to the best of my knowledge the Oxford vaccine hasn't 'failed' just yet...

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
monkeyboy
September 10, 2020, 6:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Glad he thought ohman played well as did I. Hope there is guys a few soon and gloom lovers shut up up a bit and stop targeting him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
louth_in_the_south
September 10, 2020, 6:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,705
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Poojah
Good, long interview with Matt Dean here ahead of the weekend's game at Walsall:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08r22mr

Amongst other things:
  • Hasn't seen Louis Boyd since Tuesday night as he's back at school, considering naming him in the squad on Saturday if he's allowed to travel

• Hasn't spoken to anyone about Bogle, although he did intimate he had spoken to his representatives about other players they look after

• Says he's more excited by Owura Edwards than any young player he's ever had

• Inferred that he's delivered a few home truths to one or two players during a recent team meeting. No names mentioned, but immediately went on to mention Ohman and how impressed he was with him on Tuesday night; doesn't feel as if he can leave him out after that performance
Decent interview, although to the best of my knowledge the Oxford vaccine hasn't 'failed' just yet...

Well not if you don’t count nearly killing some more fooker !!

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
Poojah
September 10, 2020, 6:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

Well not if you don’t count nearly killing some more fooker !!

Well, that's not what's been said, is it? Without wanting to turn another thread into a debate on corona, what's happened is someone who has been given the vaccine has fallen ill shortly after. It's possible that this illness was caused by a reaction to the vaccine, but far more likely is that is an unrelated coincidence. With any vaccine, trialling it on tens of thousands of people means that the chance of someone being ill on the off chance having received it is quite high.

For the same reason, similar concerns have even been aimed at approved vaccines, only for those concerns to turn out to be completely unfounded:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2009/oct/01/cervical-cancer-vaccination-tumour-natalie-morton

As it happens, I believe the rumblings are that the trial is to resume very shortly and it remains a potentially viable vaccine. Fingers crossed.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
louth_in_the_south
September 10, 2020, 6:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,705
Gold Stars: 96
Jeez I was only making an jokey comment, not looking for enlightenment from the guardian mate

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
moosey_club
September 10, 2020, 6:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
Thought i was going to be reading which pub we were meeting for the pre match beers on Saturday  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
Poojah
September 10, 2020, 7:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Jeez I was only making an jokey comment, not looking for enlightenment from the guardian mate

Fair enough. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

Just a lot of misinformation flying around at the minute, mostly from the media, and it’s winding me up.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
cardiffmariner
September 10, 2020, 8:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,320
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from monkeyboy
Glad he thought ohman played well as did I. Hope there is guys a few soon and gloom lovers shut up up a bit and stop targeting him

Other than a couple of posts on the match thread the other night I really haven’t seen anything that gets close to constituting ‘targeting him’. Having a different opinion to you about his performance/position in the squad yes, ‘targeting him’ no. You need to get a grip and stop being so drama queenie.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
forza ivano
September 10, 2020, 9:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from cardiffmariner

Other than a couple of posts on the match thread the other night I really haven’t seen anything that gets close to constituting ‘targeting him’. Having a different opinion to you about his performance/position in the squad yes, ‘targeting him’ no. You need to get a grip and stop being so drama queenie.

Generally I'd be sympathetic with you, but it is the case that there was a  specific thread on Ohman, following his mistakes, but there was v little mentioned, certainly not a dedicated thread  to the mistake made by waterfall
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
cardiffmariner
September 10, 2020, 10:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,320
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from forza ivano

Generally I'd be sympathetic with you, but it is the case that there was a  specific thread on Ohman, following his mistakes, but there was v little mentioned, certainly not a dedicated thread  to the mistake made by waterfall

The thread was an old one forza, started a while ago to ask about whether he was training etc post Covid. After his first game back the other night I posted a comment on there about his performance as I thought the thread showed a general interest in him in particular. I offered both praise and criticism but some on here have been ridiculous since suggesting he’s being made a scapegoat.

I just don’t see it and I’m bored of the immature extreme reactions by some on here. I like him as a player, as I think most do, this doesn’t mean I can’t comment on some of his flaws as a footballer - isn’t that the point of a forum?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Walsall pre-match

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.