Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crap iFollow Stream - is it worth it?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 231 Guests

Crap iFollow Stream - is it worth it?

This thread currently has 9,672 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Blue Mariner
September 6, 2020, 4:55pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +32
I had a better 3rd party free stream of the England/Iceland game found on Twitter than the crappy, blocky, low def dial-up quality stream that I paid £10 for yesterday.

I'm an exile and this would be a great way to support the team and get to the games in the current situation, but I won't be continuing if the quality remains so poor.

I'll give it one more game then most likely will knock it on the head.
Logged Offline
Private Message
gtfcmd
September 6, 2020, 5:05pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +210
Gold Stars: 3
always the same quality nothing changes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 54
Mayaman
September 6, 2020, 5:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Their customer service is shocking too.  I've had problems in the past and they don't respond until you start effing and blinding. For instance there was one away game (can't remember who) and it was raining .  The camera was fogged up.  I could see sweet FA.  I told them about it and they said the cameras have nothing to do with them.  I had to get peed off and told them my contract is with them not the cameraman, so it was their responsibility.  Only, I used more French.  Lo and behold it was fixed.  Maybe not just me complaining I guess. I suppose it was critical mass. I'd prefer another option.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 54
headingly_mariner
September 6, 2020, 5:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Every non Saturday 3pm game last season was really good quality.
Saturday was hit and miss for me but I wasn’t at home where my internet is really good.  

Fast and stable internet leads to good quality pictures. Last years Tuesday games were pretty much HD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 54
pen penfras
September 6, 2020, 5:40pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
I really don't understand all the complaining. I usually connect it to a 32" screen and the picture is fine. Yesterday I had it on my 18" monitor and although it wasn't HD quality, it was certainly good enough to watch the match.

They get hardly any viewers for the matches in relation to the cost of providing a live streaming service, so I think it's very good for such a small audience.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 54
GrimRob
September 6, 2020, 6:02pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
Let's see what away games are like. If there is a big gap quality its not beyond the club to invest in some better equipment if its likely this is a way of obtaining revenue. We're at the very start of a new way of watching football potentially I wouldn't draw judgements too quickly. Certainly having the commentary in sync with the pictures is something I would expect other clubs to do. I watched some of the National League North/South play-offs and the matches I watched were in sync.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 54
Boris Johnson
September 6, 2020, 6:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
I didnt have any prolems, logged in and away you go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 54
Son of Cod
September 6, 2020, 6:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Yeah I've never had any problems with picture quality. I get randomly logged out for being logged in on two devices when I'm not but it's only once or twice max a game and then I relog back in and it's fine. Picture quality (having a fogged up camera aside) is pretty much definitely down to your internet connection.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 54
wigworld
September 6, 2020, 6:51pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
I saw some comments on Twitter about the commentary cutting out periodically. The same thing was happening on DAB radio, which makes me suspect that problem is at the club end, rather than iFollow. (No idea about the video quality, as don't use iFollow).
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 54
moosey_club
September 6, 2020, 7:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Mayaman
Their customer service is shocking too.  I've had problems in the past and they don't respond until you start effing and blinding. For instance there was one away game (can't remember who) and it was raining .  The camera was fogged up.  I could see sweet FA.  I told them about it and they said the cameras have nothing to do with them.  I had to get peed off and told them my contract is with them not the cameraman, so it was their responsibility.  Only, I used more French.  Lo and behold it was fixed.  Maybe not just me complaining I guess. I suppose it was critical mass. I'd prefer another option.

Remember it well......it must have been you that made the cameraman wipe the lens.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 54
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crap iFollow Stream - is it worth it?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.