Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crap iFollow Stream - is it worth it?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 259 Guests

Crap iFollow Stream - is it worth it?

This thread currently has 9,670 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Davec
September 6, 2020, 8:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
I watched the game yesterday on I follow and mine was fine, no buffering or freezing at all, the sound kept cutting every so often but that was not impactful as I paid to watch the game and not to listen to the commentary, the actual quality of the footage was acceptable, obviously not top end HD but it wasn't blurry or anything  and was a half decent standard.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 54
LH
September 6, 2020, 8:46pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,566
Gold Stars: 174
It was watchable but nowhere near the quality you expect in 2020.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 54
Tommy
September 6, 2020, 9:02pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Picture quality was fine. Its not HD but does it need to be? Not for me.

The issue with the sound was a BBC thing or a signal thing i think. It was happening on JT's post match interview too wasnt it and thats nothing to do with ifollow.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 54
grimsby pete
September 6, 2020, 9:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
Picture for me was fine but JT  voice went missing every so often.

Humberside who was doing the commentary said they were having trouble with J T's Mike but there was nothing they could do about it.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 54
arryarryarry
September 6, 2020, 10:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from pen penfras
I really don't understand all the complaining. I usually connect it to a 32" screen and the picture is fine. Yesterday I had it on my 18" monitor and although it wasn't HD quality, it was certainly good enough to watch the match.

They get hardly any viewers for the matches in relation to the cost of providing a live streaming service, so I think it's very good for such a small audience.

My understanding after talking to someone in the business of filming soccer matches is that the company responsible were aware of problems before any games were filmed but continued anyway.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 54
jimgtfc
September 6, 2020, 11:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 45
I remember the good old days of watching the game on teletext or even waiting for the sports telegraph to get the result when I couldn’t get to games 😂 all joking aside, I really do hope they will up the quality if they’re expecting a lot of fans to pay £10 a game whilst we can’t attend.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 54
aldi_01
September 7, 2020, 6:21am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
It seems inconsistent to say the least.

I was watching on a Retina display MacBook with a really quick connection and it was woeful. In the last I’ve watched on my basic work laptop and it’s been ok.

I don’t believe it’s anything to do with the actual cameras as such, or so I’m told be a friend who works for the BBC filming stuff.

I also have issues whenever I try and connect to a TV, doesn’t matter which was I do it it always freezes, I even tried purchasing through my TV and it wouldn’t work.

Any idea how many tuned in on Saturday?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 54
Mallyner
September 7, 2020, 9:05am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
I watched the game on my 15 inch laptop and enjoyed it very much.

The only problem was the sound and I wondered if it might be with JT's mike, which other posters have confirmed.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 54
Croxton
September 7, 2020, 9:13am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
Worked fine on my basic Dell laptop. I'll try to hook it up to my 32 '' Sony Bravia TV with the HDMI extension cable tomorrow. It worked last season, and produced better sound quality, but the picture was hardly worth the faff of hooking up. Wife has the new, much larger smart TV in't lounge but I daren't mess around with her labyrinth of Virgin Media, Roku, Now TV, Netflix and WiFi connections. As Ollie says, I'd be 'lower than a snakes belly' if I bolloxed it up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 54
LH
September 7, 2020, 9:25am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,566
Gold Stars: 174
Is paying for tomorrow’s match a signal of approval for the EFL Trophy format or should I just watch England instead? Would rather spend a tenner in the clubshop than approve of the EFLT.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crap iFollow Stream - is it worth it?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.