Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Boris Johnson secret Town fan?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 12 Guests

Boris Johnson secret Town fan?

This thread currently has 5,404 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
monkeyboy
August 22, 2020, 11:19am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from supertown
Wow , looking at his thread how the heck did the conservatives hammer the Labour Party in the last election

Because most rational folk aren’t left wing moaners that think by calling anyone with opposing views thick and posting over and over again with the same old crap thinking people will change their minds.  
Get a grip. You lost several elections/referendums by majority and you still don’t see why?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 40
supertown
August 22, 2020, 11:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,459
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from monkeyboy

Because most rational folk aren’t left wing moaners that think by calling anyone with opposing views thick and posting over and over again with the same old crap thinking people will change their minds.  
Get a grip. You lost several elections/referendums by majority and you still don’t see why?

I did ? I’m not a labour voter , what you on about
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 40
arryarryarry
August 22, 2020, 1:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from supertown
Wow , looking at his thread how the heck did the conservatives hammer the Labour Party in the last election

You should probably ask how the heck did Labour lose it, mainly because of Jeremy Corbyn and their brainless Brexit policy.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 40
Sandford1981
August 22, 2020, 2:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from monkeyboy

Assuming everyone who has a problem with Boris Johnson is a labour supporter or ‘left wing moaner’ is wide of the mark and indicative of the wider issues with blind allegiance to a party or individual.
I think he is a bumbling idiot but that is based purely on his performance as prime minister and his shifting from 1 fiasco to another, without ever losing his enthusiasm to ‘outdo’ himself  and plummet to new levels of incompetence.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 40
Rick12
August 22, 2020, 2:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from jock dock tower
ffs folks, get a grip, do you honestly think we'd allow that tw@t to come up to Scotland and not be out on the streets to welcome him?
Noones perfect and we all have chinks in our armoury which we can find and use to put others down if we so wish.

Personally of the two I found Boris Johnston a warmer and more likeable candidate than Jeremy Corbyn.

Ive no allegiance to either party by the way having always voted green  myself.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 40
Rick12
August 22, 2020, 2:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

I think he is a bumbling idiot but that is based purely on his performance as prime minister and his shifting from 1 fiasco to another, without ever losing his enthusiasm to ‘outdo’ himself  and plummet to new levels of incompetence.
Problem is in politics you will never please everyone.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 40
Sandford1981
August 22, 2020, 3:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Rick12
Problem is in politics you will never please everyone.

I think that’s applicable to life in general. I have enough trouble pleasing the 3 women in my household let alone anyone else.

My point is more around supporting or defending someone purely because they’re on your ‘side’ or not as the case may be.

I’m not without my faults (I have many-ask the wife) and I have my own biases but I’d like to think I can view things relatively objectively with a healthy dose of self awareness.

In this instance I’m only judging the performance of someone in a role in the same way I and most people Would be or are judged at work most days.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 40
LH
August 22, 2020, 3:50pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,534
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from Rick12
Noones perfect and we all have chinks in our armoury which we can find and use to put others down if we so wish.

Personally of the two I found Boris Johnston a warmer and more likeable candidate than Jeremy Corbyn.

Ive no allegiance to either party by the way having always voted green  myself.

A lot of people vote for policies and not the warmness of a politician (who is doing their best to be likeable to win an election!)
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 40
golfer
August 22, 2020, 4:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,445
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from It Bites
That's where he is ............. Worse primeminister this country has ever seen by a country mile .

WHAT!  Worse than BLAIR + BROWN ? ( The 4 B's )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 40
Rick12
August 22, 2020, 4:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

I think that’s applicable to life in general. I have enough trouble pleasing the 3 women in my household let alone anyone else.

My point is more around supporting or defending someone purely because they’re on your ‘side’ or not as the case may be.

I’m not without my faults (I have many-ask the wife) and I have my own biases but I’d like to think I can view things relatively objectively with a healthy dose of self awareness.

In this instance I’m only judging the performance of someone in a role in the same way I and most people Would be or are judged at work most days.
Fair points

Quoted from LH

A lot of people vote for policies and not the warmness of a politician (who is doing their best to be likeable to win an election!)
Yes but political think tanks have shown that a politicians personality does affect large swathes of voters.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Boris Johnson secret Town fan?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.