Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Non Football  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 21, 2020, 10:09pm

Nice one Boris....

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/boris-johnson-secret-grimsby-town-4448136
Posted by: LH, August 21, 2020, 10:14pm; Reply: 1
Some good looking illegitimate from off here with the original tweet this morning (not some divvy off Radio Lincs)
Tweet 1296726585870090240 will appear here...
Posted by: Stadium, August 21, 2020, 10:14pm; Reply: 2
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse.
Haha.
Posted by: pizzzza, August 21, 2020, 10:26pm; Reply: 3
twit in a hat
Posted by: LH, August 21, 2020, 10:34pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from pizzzza
twit in a hat

Correct. The likes on my tweet are about 50% oh god how terrible, how the hell did he get hold of one of those hats?(šŸ‘) and 50% BORRIS IS A LEJUND (šŸµ).
Posted by: jock dock tower, August 21, 2020, 11:10pm; Reply: 5
ffs folks, get a grip, do you honestly think we'd allow that tw@t to come up to Scotland and not be out on the streets to welcome him?
Posted by: livvo, August 21, 2020, 11:39pm; Reply: 6
Makes me feel dirty. Absolute oxygen thieving waste of skin.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 22, 2020, 12:33am; Reply: 7
When I saw it I was sick in my mouth...
Posted by: pizzzza, August 22, 2020, 7:57am; Reply: 8
How does this guy get dressed in the morning, let alone run the country, if he leaves the house wearing a flipping bobble hat sideways?

Did he not take his carer on holiday with him?
Posted by: It Bites, August 22, 2020, 8:12am; Reply: 9
That's where he is ............. Worse primeminister this country has ever seen by a country mile .
Posted by: Abdul19, August 22, 2020, 8:18am; Reply: 10
Worst leader since Matt Heywood.
Posted by: ska face, August 22, 2020, 8:51am; Reply: 11
Quoted from It Bites
That's where he is ............. Worse primeminister this country has ever seen by a country mile .

Been lucky to even see him! The gutless rat has more holidays than Judith Chalmers!
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, August 22, 2020, 9:17am; Reply: 12
He's a full on helmet like his supporters.
Posted by: It Bites, August 22, 2020, 9:59am; Reply: 13
He's a spineless , bumbling moron . Any working class voter who voted him in must be mad.
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 22, 2020, 10:00am; Reply: 14
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
He's a full on helmet like his supporters.

He's a politician, what do you expect?
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 22, 2020, 10:04am; Reply: 15

I posted this thread as a bit of fun (my fault)  but I can see it spiralling into another political debate.

Doubt it will be long before it gets moved !!!
Posted by: supertown, August 22, 2020, 10:05am; Reply: 16
Wow , looking at his thread how the heck did the conservatives hammer the Labour Party in the last election
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 22, 2020, 10:17am; Reply: 17
Quoted from supertown
Wow , looking at his thread how the heck did the conservatives hammer the Labour Party in the last election

Because he was the best out of the two!
Posted by: ska face, August 22, 2020, 10:22am; Reply: 18
Quoted from supertown

Plenty of morons and bootlickers about!
Posted by: cardiffmariner, August 22, 2020, 11:11am; Reply: 19
Quoted from supertown

Look at the ticks and crosses for the comments and you will have your answer.
Posted by: monkeyboy, August 22, 2020, 11:19am; Reply: 20
Quoted from supertown

Because most rational folk arenā€™t left wing moaners that think by calling anyone with opposing views thick and posting over and over again with the same old crap thinking people will change their minds.  
Get a grip. You lost several elections/referendums by majority and you still donā€™t see why?
Posted by: supertown, August 22, 2020, 11:28am; Reply: 21
Quoted from monkeyboy

Because most rational folk arenā€™t left wing moaners that think by calling anyone with opposing views thick and posting over and over again with the same old crap thinking people will change their minds.  
Get a grip. You lost several elections/referendums by majority and you still donā€™t see why?

I did ? Iā€™m not a labour voter , what you on about
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 22, 2020, 1:55pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from supertown

You should probably ask how the heck did Labour lose it, mainly because of Jeremy Corbyn and their brainless Brexit policy.
Posted by: Sandford1981, August 22, 2020, 2:16pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from monkeyboy

Assuming everyone who has a problem with Boris Johnson is a labour supporter or ā€˜left wing moanerā€™ is wide of the mark and indicative of the wider issues with blind allegiance to a party or individual.
I think he is a bumbling idiot but that is based purely on his performance as prime minister and his shifting from 1 fiasco to another, without ever losing his enthusiasm to ā€˜outdoā€™ himself  and plummet to new levels of incompetence.
Posted by: Rick12, August 22, 2020, 2:35pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from jock dock tower
ffs folks, get a grip, do you honestly think we'd allow that tw@t to come up to Scotland and not be out on the streets to welcome him?
Noones perfect and we all have chinks in our armoury which we can find and use to put others down if we so wish.

Personally of the two I found Boris Johnston a warmer and more likeable candidate than Jeremy Corbyn.

Ive no allegiance to either party by the way having always voted green  myself.
Posted by: Rick12, August 22, 2020, 2:47pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Sandford1981

I think he is a bumbling idiot but that is based purely on his performance as prime minister and his shifting from 1 fiasco to another, without ever losing his enthusiasm to ā€˜outdoā€™ himself  and plummet to new levels of incompetence.
Problem is in politics you will never please everyone.

Posted by: Sandford1981, August 22, 2020, 3:48pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Rick12
Problem is in politics you will never please everyone.

I think thatā€™s applicable to life in general. I have enough trouble pleasing the 3 women in my household let alone anyone else.

My point is more around supporting or defending someone purely because theyā€™re on your ā€˜sideā€™ or not as the case may be.

Iā€™m not without my faults (I have many-ask the wife) and I have my own biases but Iā€™d like to think I can view things relatively objectively with a healthy dose of self awareness.

In this instance Iā€™m only judging the performance of someone in a role in the same way I and most people Would be or are judged at work most days.
Posted by: LH, August 22, 2020, 3:50pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Rick12
Noones perfect and we all have chinks in our armoury which we can find and use to put others down if we so wish.

Personally of the two I found Boris Johnston a warmer and more likeable candidate than Jeremy Corbyn.

Ive no allegiance to either party by the way having always voted green  myself.

A lot of people vote for policies and not the warmness of a politician (who is doing their best to be likeable to win an election!)
Posted by: golfer, August 22, 2020, 4:30pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from It Bites

WHAT!  Worse than BLAIR + BROWN ? ( The 4 B's )
Posted by: Rick12, August 22, 2020, 4:38pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Sandford1981

I think thatā€™s applicable to life in general. I have enough trouble pleasing the 3 women in my household let alone anyone else.

My point is more around supporting or defending someone purely because theyā€™re on your ā€˜sideā€™ or not as the case may be.

Iā€™m not without my faults (I have many-ask the wife) and I have my own biases but Iā€™d like to think I can view things relatively objectively with a healthy dose of self awareness.

In this instance Iā€™m only judging the performance of someone in a role in the same way I and most people Would be or are judged at work most days.
Fair points

Quoted from LH

A lot of people vote for policies and not the warmness of a politician (who is doing their best to be likeable to win an election!)
Yes but political think tanks have shown that a politicians personality does affect large swathes of voters.

Posted by: gtfc98, August 22, 2020, 5:55pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from monkeyboy

Just because you won a referendum doesnā€™t mean youā€™re not thick.
Posted by: Vance Warner, August 22, 2020, 7:12pm; Reply: 31
Interesting that there are lots of crosses on the anti Boris posts but no-one can post anything in support other than 'he came across better than the other bloke.' Politics has definitely become less rational and more tribal. I would liken it to football supporting but I'm more than happy to admit when town are sh1t.
Posted by: golfer, August 22, 2020, 8:13pm; Reply: 32
Boris is the only person who can stand up to that blackmailing Macron tw.t and get us what we voted for
Posted by: Vance Warner, August 22, 2020, 9:07pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from golfer
Boris is the only person who can stand up to that blackmailing Macron tw.t and get us what we voted for

What evidence do you have to suggest that?
Posted by: blundellpork, August 22, 2020, 10:54pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Vance Warner
Interesting that there are lots of crosses on the anti Boris posts but no-one can post anything in support other than 'he came across better than the other bloke.' Politics has definitely become less rational and more tribal. I would liken it to football supporting but I'm more than happy to admit when town are sh1t.

I think a lot of people were terrified by the policies on offer by Labour and/or despaired with their bizarre stance on Brexit- to agree a deal and then vote against it.

As a PM, Iā€™m not a fan of BoJo, but certainly considered him a better option. Both the 2017 and 2019 election candidates were poor.
Posted by: gtfc98, August 22, 2020, 11:04pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from golfer

Christ.
Posted by: ska face, August 23, 2020, 9:16am; Reply: 36
Quoted from blundellpork

I think a lot of people were terrified by the policies on offer by Labour

An extra Ā£2 a week tax for people on Ā£81k a year. Terrifying.

This countryā€™s fuccked.
Posted by: pizzzza, August 23, 2020, 11:52am; Reply: 37
Quoted from golfer

The "oven-ready" deal? How is that going?
Posted by: ska face, August 23, 2020, 1:32pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Vance Warner

What evidence do you have to suggest that?

One more for the list of people the useless clowns in govt have blamed for their failings -

The civil service
The care homes
The scientists
The teachers
The EU
The Grenfell dead
The British public
Theresa May
Remainers
A lack of positivity
PPE suppliers
Doctors
Hospitals
The NHS
The Unions
Ofqual
Macron

Thereā€™ll be more...
Posted by: golfer, August 23, 2020, 1:54pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from ska face

An extra Ā£2 a week tax for people on Ā£81k a year. Terrifying.

This countryā€™s fuccked.

Funny how M.P.'s were on Ā£80K and they were going to tax those on Ā£81K - was it so that the proposal got the backing of the M.P.s  Methinks what methinks.
Posted by: ska face, August 23, 2020, 2:24pm; Reply: 40
My apologies, the increase was for those on Ā£80k.

The additional contribution for those on Ā£81k was a whopping 96p per week.

https://action.labour.org.uk/page/content/fair-tax-calculator

Ah well, glad weā€™re not raking in additional tax revenue and are instead handing out more tax breaks to billionaires - the Digital Services Tax looking like the next to disappear. Only Ā£500m a year, we donā€™t need that do we?
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 6:44pm