Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 'The Project'.....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 248 Guests

'The Project'.....

This thread currently has 9,118 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
White_shorts
August 25, 2020, 5:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -648
Gold Stars: 13
No, fcuk that. I've just been looking at Wikipedia. The crash didn't stop Chesterfield (2010), Brighton (2011) and Rotherham (2012) from building new stadia. What was GTFC p!ssing about at?

I don't know exactly what this 106 agreement was supposed to be, but I think Town should have bitten the bullet in 2003 to move from Blundell Park.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 52
grimsby pete
August 25, 2020, 5:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
My dad bless him died in 2001 a life long mariner thought the stadium had been built before he died.

He asked if I had seen it sadly I had to explain the photo he saw in the telegraph was the proposed stadium it had not been built yet.

2020 and I am still waiting. I wonder if I shall pop my cloggs before any stadium has been started never mind built.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 52
arryarryarry
August 25, 2020, 5:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from forza ivano
I hope that we are 'on a journey' to fulfil the project.after all every other fecker on the tv and radio is 'on a journey '  ,having dealt with their 'issues'. Where's ffs when you need him?

He's on a journey.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 52
White_shorts
August 27, 2020, 5:01pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -648
Gold Stars: 13
I think Ian Holloway has the contacts and personality to get us back to the second tier. However, it will be fcuking embarrassing playing the big city teams if we are still at Blundell Park.

When was the last time visitors chanted "sh!t ground, no fans" at a BP league game?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 52
forza ivano
August 27, 2020, 6:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from White_shorts
I think Ian Holloway has the contacts and personality to get us back to the second tier. However, it will be fcuking embarrassing playing the big city teams if we are still at Blundell Park.

When was the last time visitors chanted "sh!t ground, no fans" at a BP league game?

Borehamwood or tamworth I think🤣🤣🤣
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 52
jock dock tower
August 27, 2020, 7:40pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from White_shorts

Embarrassing? Have you no concept of history or culture?

Who gives a flying f*ck what the "big city" teams think?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 52
aldi_01
August 27, 2020, 9:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I don’t think having Holloway is enough to get us back to anywhere near the championship either.

I mean wherever you play isn’t really relevant but having the cash for the squad, forward thinking ideas and ambition is...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 52
denni266
August 28, 2020, 3:26am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
I think THE PROJECT  for now will be just surviving the next 2 seasons as a club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 52
aldi_01
August 28, 2020, 7:58am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from denni266
I think THE PROJECT  for now will be just surviving the next 2 seasons as a club.

That’s literally been the ambition for years...literally no ambition for anything else...surviving isn’t always enough though. It doesn’t attract investors, it does attract players and eventually it can start to go horribly wrong...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 52
Heisenberg
August 28, 2020, 8:39am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from aldi_01

That’s literally been the ambition for years...literally no ambition for anything else...surviving isn’t always enough though. It doesn’t attract investors, it does attract players and eventually it can start to go horribly wrong...

It doesn't attract new fans either.  Lincoln found 4,000 new fans from nowhere, who'd never been to Sincil Bank before, yet we are gonna be lucky to hold on to the 4,000 who've been loyal all these years.  

I'll support Town through thick and thin, personally, but people like us won't be enough to take us forward.  We're literally clinging to what we've always had, rather than what we could have.  Quite depressing actually.

In fact, I'll be honest here, I'm a good example of someone who could say "enough is enough"; our first season in the conference, I don't think I went to a single game, so maybe I'm a hypocrite actually.  I might have done, I honestly can't remember, but I'm pretty sure that, for whatever reason, I never saw Connell play for us, which makes me think I skipped the whole season as it just seemed too bad to even contemplate.  I hope it never gets as low as that again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 'The Project'.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.