Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 'The Project'.....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 238 Guests

'The Project'.....

This thread currently has 9,119 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
denni266
August 18, 2020, 4:59pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Bird is the word then  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 52
grimsby pete
August 18, 2020, 5:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from buckstown
A project is the task every manager wanted to complete before the directors lost patience and fired him

Ollie has the advantage of being on the board and has 100,000. Shares.

Not that the board would be daft enough to sack him.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 52
moosey_club
August 18, 2020, 5:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Its basically the term coined by each manager in the hope of keeping themselves in a job a bit longer.......Bignot definately had one, remember the planned developing rejected 18-21 yr olds ,  Jolley .....investing in youth......Ollie building the club within and beyond the town, recognising how much a team can raise the profile of a town and self perpetuate.

If it goes Pete Tong in the first 12 months and the manager gets the elbow he can say  "i wasnt allowed to complete the project.....if the board had only supported my sh1t results for just another 2 yrs the project would then bear fruit"

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 52
Heisenberg
August 18, 2020, 5:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95

I agree we should give the board the bird for sure!

I would imagine Holloway is looking beyond the constraints of the current board in the future.

Agree. I don’t see this ending well, I don’t think Ollie will stick out this futile nonsense. We’re not a project, we’re treading water.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 52
grimsby pete
August 18, 2020, 5:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Heisenberg

Agree. I don’t see this ending well, I don’t think Ollie will stick out this futile nonsense. We’re not a project, we’re treading water.

I think Ollie understands our plight and we are better off than most L2 clubs.

As long as he shows a little improvement every season he will be here long term and when he has taken us as far as he thinks he can be will go upstairs on the board full time.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 52
lew chaterleys lover
August 18, 2020, 6:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Heisenberg

I was rather hoping it would go the other way to be honest. Ollie getting us some success on the pitch leading to new investment off it.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 52
White_shorts
August 18, 2020, 6:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -648
Gold Stars: 13

It is the direct opposite of how the club has been run for the past decade or two.

Some might mock the idea of a strategic project but it is vitally important to attract some players, assuming we pay enough to get them interested in the first place.

Holloway wants a project so he can leave a legacy. The first part is to get some much needed success on the field so that other things follow. We need to get on a roll and it could be amazing what might be achieved.

Can someone here who is not a BS merchant clarify what went on with the Great Coates failure? Some blame the council for not granting permission. I read somewhere on the internet that we could have had a stadium with B&Q as anchor tenant, but the Bryan Huxford board felt it would have been too much of a financial burden on the club. As a consequence, B&Q pulled out and decided to enlarge their existing town centre store. It was also reported that Sutton Estates had no intention of selling the land to the club. If that is true, then why was the project pursued for so long?

I found this from 8th April 2003: https://www.thefishy.co.uk/story.php?id=8303309

"The problem causing the project to grind to a halt is that the landowner, Sutton Settled Estates has refused to sign a planning agreement safeguarding the environment of the village.

Its decision follows a change to the agreement, with GTFC taking over the obligations of the developer, Chiltern Investment Properties. Sutton was said to be unhappy with this arrangement and its unwillingness to sign the 106 agreement means North East Lincolnshire Council planning officers will recommend refusal of the application when it comes before the Planning Committee on Friday."

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 52
Ipswin
August 18, 2020, 6:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from grimsby pete

Not that the board would be daft enough to sack him.

I think that rather depends on where his 'legacy' leaves us Pete, I don't fancy another dose of the Conference

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 52
blundellpork
August 18, 2020, 7:03pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,665
Gold Stars: 32
This awful ‘project’ term appeared 5-10 years ago, and was typically used by foreign managers. Essentially it is a load of balloney. There is no ‘project’, the manager is simply the latest person in the hot seat, but saying job or task is not sexy enough.

In the corporate world no one ever speaks to anyone anymore, now we ‘reach out’. Shudder!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 52
Grantham_Mariner
August 18, 2020, 7:17pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,195
Gold Stars: 51
Prefer  "Strategy" or "Master Plan" than Project.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 'The Project'.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.