Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Vernam
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 154 Guests

Vernam

This thread currently has 39,972 views. Print
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
July 7, 2020, 10:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Dead easy this, simple economics if nothing else you can’t increase your spending when you have next to nothing in income.

Until there is some clarity on when and how League 2 football will return I’m not sure we could justify brining in or extending anyone, that’s just my opinion.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 188
The Yard Dog
July 7, 2020, 11:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,514
Gold Stars: 74
Seriously prior to him going to Chorley, hardly pulling up any trees. He has 13 goals in 69 appearances in a town shirt, that's a ratio 1 goal in every 5.3 games.
So based on that one game against Colchester, he is the most sellable asset.

If the player wants to leave, so be it, not going to get my boxers in a twist, over a player not committed to GTFC, good luck to him and his agent.

When the timming is right for GTFC, in Holloway I trust to bring in a better calibre of player, we had on the books when Jolly and Slade were in charge.

We saw in glimpses what the Holloway contection can bring to Blundell Park.

All this about Crewe, Ipswich, Mansfield pushing the boat and going signing players, retaining players etc.

In the 2018/19 a team called Bury, splash the cash to get promoted to League 1, looked what happened to them, Bolton not so long ago were in the premiership, paying in League 2 when we start, now Swanny not splashing the cash at Scunny, they are back were they belong.

As I have said previously the most important person that needs to be retained is Mr Holloway.

Will he be able to wave the magic wand and get us promoted, who knows, I bet the football will be more entertaining that it has been over the last few years, based I what I have seen.

UTMM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 188
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 8, 2020, 12:06am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +886
Gold Stars: 120
Let's just hope that if any legal challenge against the EFL goes ahead, they don't use any of the monies raised through the sale of shares or crowdfunding. It ain't gonna be cheap, thats for sure.
It makes you wonder what Town would want from the EFL if they won the case. A sum equivalent to their valuation of CV? Get CV back under contract? A big wodge of cash for the ineptitude of the EFL?

Or is it best just to let it be. I personally think everyone is blaming each other. Two wrongs don't make a Wright (but at least he stays with Town)!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 188
mimma
July 8, 2020, 12:10am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Absolutely spot on Yard Dog.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 188
Boris Johnson
July 8, 2020, 7:28am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Agree with the DOG
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 188
Lincoln Mariner 56
July 8, 2020, 9:48am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,765
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Dead easy this, simple economics if nothing else you can’t increase your spending when you have next to nothing in income.

Until there is some clarity on when and how League 2 football will return I’m not sure we could justify brining in or extending anyone, that’s just my opinion.

I think Lincoln signing the lad from Crewe states everything that is wrong with football. Last week they announce several redundancies of people who have worked for them loyally for a number of years the majority of which were not successful. However, as soon as a player they want is available the money is found to pay him. From what I have read town have tried to adopt an approach that allows us to maintain the employment of our support staff and this stance has been backed by the players wage cut.

I know which approach I prefer and if this means missing out on a decent L2 player currently available than so be it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 188
Heisenberg
July 8, 2020, 9:54am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

I think Lincoln signing the lad from Crewe states everything that is wrong with football. Last week they announce several redundancies of people who have worked for them loyally for a number of years the majority of which were not successful. However, as soon as a player they want is available the money is found to pay him. From what I have read town have tried to adopt an approach that allows us to maintain the employment of our support staff and this stance has been backed by the players wage cut.

I know which approach I prefer and if this means missing out on a decent L2 player currently available than so be it.

I thought exactly that about Lincoln, there is a morality issue there and I think they should be ashamed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 188
jamesgtfc
July 8, 2020, 10:08am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Criticise our board all you like but we've always paid our dues. Go back to ITV Digital and we are one of the few troubled clubs to pay HMRC every penny.

Clubs are part of the community and you can't make long serving staff redundant and then find money to sign a player the following week. It absolutely stinks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 188
Ipswin
July 8, 2020, 10:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Let's just hope our ticket office / shop staff, toilet cleaners and other back room staff are up to it when Holloway has to select them in the absence of enough players

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 188
Nutsy
July 8, 2020, 11:00am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +157
Gold Stars: 5
I, for one, are proud of how Town have handled this.

Lincoln had redundancies to fund signing players.

We have not. Yes, we may not get the big names, but we have the most influential manager in the league, we are not down the sh**ter yet like some clubs, and we have an incredible support base who've raised 1000s.

Stop whinging that we may lose a winger, its happened before. We will be back stronger.

Theres loads of players who are desperate to play, and they'll be there for the picking by IH.

Think long term - we still have employees, we still have IH and we still have a club.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 188
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Vernam

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.