Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Barrow AFC.......you know what that might mean?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 279 Guests

Barrow AFC.......you know what that might mean?

This thread currently has 4,474 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
June 9, 2020, 7:25pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +886
Gold Stars: 120
If Barrow are promoted we will have a new local derby!

Scummy will no longer be our closest neighbours so we can laugh at them from afar.

Somehow I can't see there being the same kind of trouble pre and post match in Barrow. I think the worst thing that might happen away at Barrow is someone leaves a glass on the table outside a pub, or a reprobate drops a Twix wrapper on the floor instead of putting it in a bin.

There will just be the local Bobby sat in his car outside the chippy reading the newspaper.
Logged Offline
Private Message
jock dock tower
June 9, 2020, 7:42pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Eh?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
Gaffer58
June 9, 2020, 7:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
You’ve obviously never heard of the Barrow ultras, when they get their mobile scooters going they’ve been known to mob through Mrs Browns tea shop at quite a speed and nick all the custard creams, back in 1998  they even attacked their real local rivals, the New Holland heroes, at the Thursday night bingo, cups of tea went flying everywhere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
June 9, 2020, 8:08pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Gaffer58
You’ve obviously never heard of the Barrow ultras, when they get their mobile scooters going they’ve been known to mob through Mrs Browns tea shop at quite a speed and nick all the custard creams, back in 1998  they even attacked their real local rivals, the New Holland heroes, at the Thursday night bingo, cups of tea went flying everywhere.

Holy crapola. I'd forgotten about the Ultras. Last time they raided the Tea Shop, Mrs Brown had to move the carrot cake to behind the counter to stop the rapscallions wiping her out.

I retract my 'no trouble' statement herewith.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
thefish
June 9, 2020, 8:10pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Christ... what am I reading? Roll on next season!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
promotion plaice
June 9, 2020, 9:51pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,088
Gold Stars: 200
If Barrow are promoted we will have a new local derby!

Scummy will no longer be our closest neighbours so we can laugh at them from afar.

Somehow I can't see there being the same kind of trouble pre and post match in Barrow. I think the worst thing that might happen away at Barrow is someone leaves a glass on the table outside a pub, or a reprobate drops a Twix wrapper on the floor instead of putting it in a bin.

There will just be the local Bobby sat in his car outside the chippy reading the newspaper.

You've got the wrong Barrow mate, it's in Suffolk  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
Gaffer58
June 9, 2020, 10:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Apologies everyone, I think I have eventually gone stir crazy from the lockdown, I need some live football very quickly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
Shipwrecked In Gainsborough
June 9, 2020, 10:24pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +248
Gold Stars: 2
Having had the pleasure of living in Barrow (Furness ), for 6 months ( it seemed much longer ), I have two vivid memories to share:
1) It's a F*****G long drive from G Town.
2) A large proportion of it's inhabitants are certified. A sat night in Barrow was like  " The Valiant " in it's heydays back in the 80's....Lively!

If you survive the journey, count yourself resilient to travel boredom. If you go drinking in town, be aware that there are more than one or two lads up there that will be " Up for the cup ".
It will NOT be one of my awaydays, but some may fancy it !.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
June 9, 2020, 11:45pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

You've got the wrong Barrow mate, it's in Suffolk  

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
Boris Johnson
June 10, 2020, 12:08am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
I am somewhat unsure as to what this thread is about......................
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Barrow AFC.......you know what that might mean?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.