Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, June 9, 2020, 7:25pm
If Barrow are promoted we will have a new local derby!

Scummy will no longer be our closest neighbours so we can laugh at them from afar.

Somehow I can't see there being the same kind of trouble pre and post match in Barrow. I think the worst thing that might happen away at Barrow is someone leaves a glass on the table outside a pub, or a reprobate drops a Twix wrapper on the floor instead of putting it in a bin.

There will just be the local Bobby sat in his car outside the chippy reading the newspaper.
Posted by: jock dock tower, June 9, 2020, 7:42pm; Reply: 1
Eh?
Posted by: Gaffer58, June 9, 2020, 7:46pm; Reply: 2
You’ve obviously never heard of the Barrow ultras, when they get their mobile scooters going they’ve been known to mob through Mrs Browns tea shop at quite a speed and nick all the custard creams, back in 1998  they even attacked their real local rivals, the New Holland heroes, at the Thursday night bingo, cups of tea went flying everywhere.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, June 9, 2020, 8:08pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Gaffer58
You’ve obviously never heard of the Barrow ultras, when they get their mobile scooters going they’ve been known to mob through Mrs Browns tea shop at quite a speed and nick all the custard creams, back in 1998  they even attacked their real local rivals, the New Holland heroes, at the Thursday night bingo, cups of tea went flying everywhere.

Holy crapola. I'd forgotten about the Ultras. Last time they raided the Tea Shop, Mrs Brown had to move the carrot cake to behind the counter to stop the rapscallions wiping her out.

I retract my 'no trouble' statement herewith.
Posted by: thefish, June 9, 2020, 8:10pm; Reply: 4
Christ... what am I reading? Roll on next season!
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 9, 2020, 9:51pm; Reply: 5
If Barrow are promoted we will have a new local derby!

Scummy will no longer be our closest neighbours so we can laugh at them from afar.

Somehow I can't see there being the same kind of trouble pre and post match in Barrow. I think the worst thing that might happen away at Barrow is someone leaves a glass on the table outside a pub, or a reprobate drops a Twix wrapper on the floor instead of putting it in a bin.

There will just be the local Bobby sat in his car outside the chippy reading the newspaper.

You've got the wrong Barrow mate, it's in Suffolk   ;)

Posted by: Gaffer58, June 9, 2020, 10:20pm; Reply: 6
Apologies everyone, I think I have eventually gone stir crazy from the lockdown, I need some live football very quickly.
Posted by: Shipwrecked In Gainsborough, June 9, 2020, 10:24pm; Reply: 7
Having had the pleasure of living in Barrow (Furness ), for 6 months ( it seemed much longer ), I have two vivid memories to share:
1) It's a F*****G long drive from G Town.
2) A large proportion of it's inhabitants are certified. A sat night in Barrow was like  " The Valiant " in it's heydays back in the 80's....Lively!

If you survive the journey, count yourself resilient to travel boredom. If you go drinking in town, be aware that there are more than one or two lads up there that will be " Up for the cup ".
It will NOT be one of my awaydays, but some may fancy it !.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, June 9, 2020, 11:45pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from promotion plaice

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Posted by: Boris Johnson, June 10, 2020, 12:08am; Reply: 9
I am somewhat unsure as to what this thread is about......................
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 10, 2020, 8:21am; Reply: 10
Having had the pleasure of living in Barrow (Furness ), for 6 months ( it seemed much longer ), I have two vivid memories to share:
1) It's a F*****G long drive from G Town.
2) A large proportion of it's inhabitants are certified. A sat night in Barrow was like  " The Valiant " in it's heydays back in the 80's....Lively!

If you survive the journey, count yourself resilient to travel boredom. If you go drinking in town, be aware that there are more than one or two lads up there that will be " Up for the cup ".
It will NOT be one of my awaydays, but some may fancy it !.

I know the last time I went to Barrrow, it seemed to take as long to do the last 30 miles than it did the first 160 odd.
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 10, 2020, 2:30pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from promotion plaice

And a very nice village it is PP  ;D
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 10, 2020, 2:49pm; Reply: 12
There is a Barton in Suffolk too not only just a Barton a Great Barton about 2 miles from where I live. 8)
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, June 10, 2020, 2:53pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Boris Johnson
I am somewhat unsure as to what this thread is about......................

There seems to be a distinct lack of humour in this forum so I thought I would try to lighten the mood, but it seems to have hit the Fishy brick wall again.

Never mind, at least Gaffer58 has a sense of humour.

I know, let's all talk about depressing things and argue about what constitutes racist comments or not.............AGAIN
Posted by: Boris Johnson, June 10, 2020, 3:49pm; Reply: 14

There seems to be a distinct lack of humour in this forum so I thought I would try to lighten the mood, but it seems to have hit the Fishy brick wall again.

I know, let's all talk about depressing things and argue about what constitutes racist comments or not.............AGAIN

Thanks...
Posted by: Gaffer58, June 10, 2020, 7:20pm; Reply: 15
Hi WayneBurnettsJockstrap, I know times are very serious but agree with your good self that at times we have to have a laugh.
Posted by: tintowner, June 10, 2020, 8:11pm; Reply: 16
I think the op is talking about Barrow Upon Humber....not Barrow In Furness.

Quite a few years ago, An old aquaintance of mine actually went to Barrow Upon Humber looking for Holker Street. He was quite sure of locating such a substantial ground but couldn't understand how a small village could have played host to a former football league club..... he was a quite bizarre sort of person....and he was originally from Scunthorpe!
Posted by: thefish, June 10, 2020, 8:12pm; Reply: 17

There seems to be a distinct lack of wit on this thread...
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 12:54pm