May 23, 2020, 11:54pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from moosey_club

As i am sure you are fully aware..... the view of the board following O.P....... "the worst thing that has happened to this club" or words very similar/ close to that effect.

So they arent getting another freebie donation off me until every last one of them has gone. I will pay for products, tickets, programmes, merchandise etc but the complete lack of respect and gratitude last time we did something just short of miraculous for the club won't be forgotten by me.

And with that money we bought Bogle who’s 2 goals got us back in the football league. Sorry you’re talking rubbish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 146
Boris Johnson
May 23, 2020, 11:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Will be donating about half a seasons ticket money. Cant see us being allowed back in much before the end of the year.  Would have spent that anyway.....

each to their own on doantions, but Im in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 146
aldi_01
May 24, 2020, 7:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from GrimExile

And with that money we bought Bogle who’s 2 goals got us back in the football league. Sorry you’re talking rubbish.

I mean he’s not, but each to their own. Whether it bought Bogle or not, the club, the Lord Almighty himself poo pooed the money raised through OP and refused to acknowledge it was fan organised, off the cuff campaign that led to us purchasing a player who was part of a side that got us promotion. The club’s contempt for OP was there for all to see...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 146
GrimExile
May 24, 2020, 7:42am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

I mean he’s not, but each to their own. Whether it bought Bogle or not, the club, the Lord Almighty himself poo pooed the money raised through OP and refused to acknowledge it was fan organised, off the cuff campaign that led to us purchasing a player who was part of a side that got us promotion. The club’s contempt for OP was there for all to see...

Then why was John Fenty at the OP party at McMenemy’s thanking everyone then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 146
aldi_01
May 24, 2020, 7:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from GrimExile

Then why was John Fenty at the OP party at McMenemy’s thanking everyone then?

At the time he did, and he knew it was £120k of free cash...soon changed his tune...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 146
realist
May 24, 2020, 8:18am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
The happy clappers have resurfaced with Grimexile as their spokesman. Give yourself a good slapping and do some research into what was said at the time. Can’t believe anyone would contemplate doing this.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 146
GrimExile
May 24, 2020, 8:32am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from realist
The happy clappers have resurfaced with Grimexile as their spokesman. Give yourself a good slapping and do some research into what was said at the time. Can’t believe anyone would contemplate doing this.

I am just staggered that people will blame the board for everything. We have a club that Ian Holloway says is the best run club he has ever been involved with and if it’s good enough for him then it’s good enough for me. Yes question board decisions, but there are many people who are so anti the board and John Fenty in particular that they won’t admit that actually at our level we are very well run.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 146
mariner83
May 24, 2020, 9:10am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Maybe the issue with OP was the name & the pressure it put on the team, not the fact that the fans raised a massive amount of money to fund Bogle's transfer.

The Trust were involved in OP and were going to set another fund up for the current situation, they just happened to be beaten to it by the lad that's set this one up.  Surely if it was that much of a problem, they wouldn't have bothered.

There'll be reasons why people can't or don't want to contribute, be it financial or whatever and I have no issue with that, I don't know what people's individual circumstances are.

If you want to donate - fine, donate.

If you don't want to donate - fine, don't.

How about just respecting people's choices and not criticising them for it?

ATAW.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 27 - 146
jamesgtfc
May 24, 2020, 9:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from GrimExile

I am just staggered that people will blame the board for everything. We have a club that Ian Holloway says is the best run club he has ever been involved with and if it’s good enough for him then it’s good enough for me. Yes question board decisions, but there are many people who are so anti the board and John Fenty in particular that they won’t admit that actually at our level we are very well run.

I've said for years that for all that for all of Fenty's criticisms he has ran a tight ship, we don't haemorrhage money and right now their pragmatic approach is ensuring we ride this storm. Day was only saying on Friday night that we don't anticipate kicking a ball in anger until October!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 146
May 24, 2020, 10:03am
Guest User
Quoted from thefish
So... are we buying Bogle again then?

No, we’re in for the Lebanese international Omar Bugiel but if we got £50k we’d move in for the Gaza Strip.

I’m sure if Holly turned his painting skills to street art like Banksy we’d make a million. UTM
Reply: 29 - 146
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Crowdfunding

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.