3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
paramariner
May 15, 2020, 2:15pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +197
Gold Stars: 8
Read on Telegraph website that councillors local to Freemo are gonna vote against any proposals for a stadium there after it was suggested up to 100 homes would have to be demolished.
Imagine the cost of compulsory purchases, even at £50,000 grand each you're talking £5,000,000.
Logged Offline
Private Message
denni266
May 15, 2020, 2:32pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
I thought Mr Day said wont need to get rid of houses and that there was enough room as it is . I can see us either ending up with a new owner that we know nothing about or how he will look after the club  or a soup bowl with no space to have anything big enough to be a cash cow for the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
paramariner
May 15, 2020, 2:38pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +197
Gold Stars: 8
Think it came from Shutes last statement to the Telegraph.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
Heisenberg
May 15, 2020, 2:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from paramariner
Read on Telegraph website that councillors local to Freemo are gonna vote against any proposals for a stadium there after it was suggested up to 100 homes would have to be demolished.
Imagine the cost of compulsory purchases, even at £50,000 grand each you're talking £5,000,000.

Surely they’re all council owned properties?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
Boris Johnson
May 15, 2020, 3:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
In not far off 60.  Ive said and Im prepared to state again, that I do not expect to see the Club in a new stadium in my lifetime, and Im optimistic of an average innings.

No nearer now then we where what 20/25 years ago, when De-Freitas constantly thwarted every move.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
MarinerDevil
May 15, 2020, 3:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,779
Gold Stars: 80
So it's Shutes' comments that have turned some councillors?  That will go down well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 27
denni266
May 15, 2020, 3:25pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from MarinerDevil
So it's Shutes' comments that have turned some councillors?  That will go down well.

If so, he has been clever to work out how to put a spanner in the works of the only other option available right now, and turn the table all the way round to his plan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
Stadium
May 15, 2020, 3:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from paramariner
Think it came from Shutes last statement to the Telegraph.

Which Mr Day dismissed I believe?
Edit:

Mr Shutes says that for the development on Freeman Street to go ahead 100 houses would have to be demolished. This is not the case. There is sufficient space for the construction of a stadium without any demolition.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
Dogger Bank
May 15, 2020, 3:37pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +161
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Boris Johnson
In not far off 60.  Ive said and Im prepared to state again, that I do not expect to see the Club in a new stadium in my lifetime, and Im optimistic of an average innings.

No nearer now then we where what 20/25 years ago, when De-Freitas constantly thwarted every move.

We'll be lucky to have a club then. Staying at Blundell Park would be disastrous and a new ground is imperative to the club's long term future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
White_shorts
May 15, 2020, 5:23pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -648
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Heisenberg

Surely they’re all council owned properties?

Councillor Rudd says many of the residents have managed to work hard and buy the properties for themselves.

The Freemen really should have explained by now why their vision did not include the houses on Thesiger Walk. There are some apartments planned for the other side of the road. Maybe they feel the residents can be persuaded to move into them.

The Blundell Park footprint fits into the area between Albert Street and Garibaldi Street. There is approximately 15 metres around the perimeter for community offices and shops. In my opinion, there is no need to demolish all of the houses.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nail in coffin

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.