3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
The Yard Dog
March 21, 2020, 10:15am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,514
Gold Stars: 74
Just checking on my fishy friends, how are we all coping ?
Those in self isolating, are you getting the help you need?

My user name on the fishy is The Yard Dog (Les knows the story behind this) my real is Mark Burgess, aged 52, married with 3 children. I am carer for my wife. I have been a life long GTFC supporter and played local cricket for about 35 years, stopped playing a few years ago.  
I grew up living near a few town players, Clive Wiggington took me to meet the players in the dressing room (about 1978 ) before a game, got the bug from then. Now I voluntary look after the press room on match days turning it in to my man den with GTFC pictures, photographs etc, this gives an outlet from the pressure of being a carer and house husband.

Looking at ways we can help each other, through these difficult times, adopt a fishy friend or fishy buddy.
I know some do not see eye to eye, thats whats makes 'thefishy', we need to help, support each and do what we can to get through this.

I am on Facebook (picture of me and best friend and our lads in front of Wembley), do not usually post much on their, however it has messenger and video calling.  If anyone needs a different outlet to talk, request to be friends and a fishy bubby.

Just an idea.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Rick12
March 21, 2020, 10:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from The Yard Dog

I am on Facebook (picture of me and best friend and our lads in front of Wembley), do not usually post much on their, however it has messenger and video calling.  If anyone needs a different outlet to talk, request to be friends and a fishy bubby.

Just an idea.
God bless you my friend.Very nice of you.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
cmackenzie4
March 21, 2020, 10:20am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.25
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Great idea Mark, I regularly keep in touch with Grimsby Pete and Tim (FishOutOfWater) I’m available to chat to anyone on here about football and life in general, anytime.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
Les Brechin
March 21, 2020, 10:35am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
I'm on Facebook too, The only Les Brechin as far as I'm aware so can easily be found.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
cmackenzie4
March 21, 2020, 10:49am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.25
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Les Brechin
I'm on Facebook too, The only Les Brechin as far as I'm aware so can easily be found.

Did you manage to get into Asda Les?  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
Les Brechin
March 21, 2020, 11:10am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Did you manage to get into Asda Les?  

Yeah, eventually. As it's just round the corner from work I thought I'd nip in early to try and get the few bits I couldn't get at Morrisons on Wednesday only to find it's not 24hr anymore and doesn't open until 8am now. Anyway got in when they did open the doors and did manage to get the few bit I never got on Wednesday.

Got parked no problem when I arrived but when I left the car park was full with cars waiting for people to leave to get parked.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
Hagrid
March 21, 2020, 12:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from Les Brechin

You never accept me Les!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
The Yard Dog
March 21, 2020, 12:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,514
Gold Stars: 74
I know you by your Fishy user names, but not what you look like, I must have cross paths with many of you over the years following Town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
GYinScuntland
March 21, 2020, 12:38pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from Hagrid

You never accept me Les!

Be careful what you wish for.
He accepted me and now I can't get rid of the sodomist.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
Grimal
March 21, 2020, 12:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from The Yard Dog

My user name on the fishy is The Yard Dog (Les knows the story behind this) my real is Mark Burgess, aged 52, married with 3 children. I am carer for my wife. I have been a life long GTFC supporter and played local cricket for about 35 years, stopped playing a few years ago.  
I grew up living near a few town players, Clive Wiggington took me to meet the players in the dressing room (about 1978 ) before a game, got the bug from then. Now I voluntary look after the press room on match days turning it in to my man den with GTFC pictures, photographs etc, this gives an outlet from the pressure of being a carer and house husband.

Looking at ways we can help each other, through these difficult times, adopt a fishy friend or fishy buddy.
I know some do not see eye to eye, thats whats makes 'thefishy', we need to help, support each and do what we can to get through this.

Just an idea.

I think I've met you Mark, did you sell me a Thule tailgate bike rack a couple of years ago ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fishy buddies

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.