Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Speculation
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 229 Guests

Speculation

This thread currently has 3,819 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
March 16, 2020, 1:05pm
Guest User
Am I wrong in thinking there is a hell of a lot of speculation going on re the Corona virus?  I saw yesterday somewhere that there would be 60 Million deaths in the world from this virus  Today I have just seen that the Government have said that any people over the age of 70 who do not self isolate over the 4 months of self isolation that is about to be started, can be fined up to £1000 and if they are tested positive, could go to jail!  I don't understand this, is the whole world going mad?
Mariner Timsky
March 16, 2020, 3:30pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from 123614
Am I wrong in thinking there is a hell of a lot of speculation going on re the Corona virus?  I saw yesterday somewhere that there would be 60 Million deaths in the world from this virus  Today I have just seen that the Government have said that any people over the age of 70 who do not self isolate over the 4 months of self isolation that is about to be started, can be fined up to £1000 and if they are tested positive, could go to jail!  I don't understand this, is the whole world going mad?

I think most in the world will agree that the world HAS already gone mad

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
grimsby pete
March 16, 2020, 3:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
Its been a mad world for a long time,

BUT

Regarding the instruction to stay at home for the over 70's  you have to look at the bigger picture,

If you are over 70 and go out spreading the virus putting others in danger as well as yourself puts a big strain on the NHS and other services.

I am over 70 and I am staying in because if my wife catches the virus it would be the end of her as her immune system is very poor.

Then who would I have to boss me about.?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
paramariner
March 17, 2020, 11:56am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +197
Gold Stars: 8
Think your right Pete, but lets not just think it's the over 70s that need to consider others. My son was telling me today that experts reckon young people may be the carrier's without showing symptons!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
Mayaman
March 17, 2020, 12:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Yeah, surely the youth shouldn't be going out.  They are the biggest spreaders.  The cold is such a successful virus because it only gives us relatively mild symptoms. As a result we soldier on and go to work feeling groggy. Hence, the common cold gets about a bit (bloody tart).    What I've heard from younger people is that it doesn't affect them, so they feel they can do what they want. Such sacrifice!!  After Fukishima, the elderly in Japan went in to clean a lot of it up knowing it was a death sentence but that they'd had their life.  Now youngsters don't even have to sacrifice themselves but; just moderate behaviour.  Why don't they step up to the plate. If it's no big deal to them, why don't they help out on the front line?  It'll cost 'em a few sniffles.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
March 17, 2020, 1:01pm
Guest User
Quoted from grimsby pete
Its been a mad world for a long time,

BUT

Regarding the instruction to stay at home for the over 70's  you have to look at the bigger picture,

If you are over 70 and go out spreading the virus putting others in danger as well as yourself puts a big strain on the NHS and other services.

I am over 70 and I am staying in because if my wife catches the virus it would be the end of her as her immune system is very poor.

Then who would I have to boss me about.?

Oh I'm totally in agreement with you, I'm 74 and haven't been out the house for over a week now, my wife is 70 and she has just popped up the road to get some milk.  My main health problems are Osteoathritis , and PTSD/Anxiety, I have a Pacemaker too, but I'm not sure if they are what is being called, 'underlying health problems'.

Reply: 5 - 16
KingstonMariner
March 17, 2020, 1:08pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 123614

Oh I'm totally in agreement with you, I'm 74 and haven't been out the house for over a week now, my wife is 70 and she has just popped up the road to get some milk.  My main health problems are Osteoathritis , and PTSD/Anxiety, I have a Pacemaker too, but I'm not sure if they are what is being called, 'underlying health problems'.

Should imagine whatever you have the pacemaker for is an ‘underlying condition’. All this can’t help your anxiety either.

Take care of yourself.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
grimsby pete
March 17, 2020, 1:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from 123614

Yes you do have an underlying health problem  so take care and stay at home mate.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
March 17, 2020, 1:18pm
Guest User
Cheers, and you're right, my anxiety is through the roof now!
Reply: 8 - 16
cmackenzie4
March 17, 2020, 2:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.25
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Look after yourself B&WB, try and stay positive mate. 👍

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Speculation

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.