Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Quiet Real Ale Pub For Scunny.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 222 Guests

Quiet Real Ale Pub For Scunny.

This thread currently has 7,226 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
March 6, 2020, 4:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Lincs Iron man
The town will be full of Scunny so not sure where you codheads will be going.

Expecting between 7-8K

You boys don't get gates like that and can't remember you getting anything close

Enjoy your big day out in our fine garden town TI

You mammary....we had that many when you ferrous finger goons came visiting to see what proper fans look like...oh, let's not forget, how many did you take to Bradford, Swindon ect...you lot wouldn't know real support if it smacked you in the face like a wet kipper...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 41
BIron
March 6, 2020, 5:01pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: -98
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Les Brechin

Do you have to show the 6 fingers on your hand then to prove you're from Scunny.  

That's the one, and a two finger salute to  anyone from Grimsby    

UTI
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 41
BIron
March 6, 2020, 5:02pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19
I'm having 6 Snakebites at Henry Afrika's

The good old days!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 41
BIron
March 6, 2020, 5:03pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from Gaffer58
The Blue Bell has just been done up and extended, probably much too big for the scunny supporters now but I suppose the management could find them a couple of tables to sit at, and when I say โ€œ done upโ€ donโ€™t forget it is in scunny so it wonโ€™t look too posh.

It is a fine establishment now if I do say so myself. I have ventured into your watering holes in Cleggy before, don't pretend you're much better.

UTI
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 41
BIron
March 6, 2020, 5:08pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

You mammary....we had that many when you ferrous finger goons came visiting to see what proper fans look like...oh, let's not forget, how many did you take to Bradford, Swindon ect...you lot wouldn't know real support if it smacked you in the face like a wet kipper...

Proper bite from you that one NorthBank mariner. I'm not aware who this Scunny fan is but he has got you there.  It was the first time you had played Bradford for years, it was a treat for you visiting their ground. We've played them regularly in the league over the years, we sold out the away end on Boxing Day at their place when we was top of League One (shedding a tear thinking about them days)

Our support is good for the size of the town, we know what we are.  See you all tomorrow....

UTI
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 41
Northbank Mariner
March 6, 2020, 5:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from BIron

Proper bite from you that one NorthBank mariner. I'm not aware who this Scunny fan is but he has got you there.  It was the first time you had played Bradford for years, it was a treat for you visiting their ground. We've played them regularly in the league over the years, we sold out the away end on Boxing Day at their place when we was top of League One (shedding a tear thinking about them days)

Our support is good for the size of the town, we know what we are.  See you all tomorrow....

UTI

A treat visiting their ground?...you're having a laugh there Biron...has to be the worst stand and pitch I've been to since or days in non league...but there's plenty of grounds in non league you lot can enjoy in a couple of years!!..
Yep, I did bite, but don't forget one thing my ferrous friend, whatever the outcome tomorrow, we'll still be above you ..
Looking forward to a good, loud away day... we'll show you what chanting sounds like too..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 41
BIron
March 6, 2020, 5:40pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

A treat visiting their ground?...you're having a laugh there Biron...has to be the worst stand and pitch I've been to since or days in non league...but there's plenty of grounds in non league you lot can enjoy in a couple of years!!..
Yep, I did bite, but don't forget one thing my ferrous friend, whatever the outcome tomorrow, we'll still be above you ..
Looking forward to a good, loud away day... we'll show you what chanting sounds like too..

Agree with you on that regarding Bradford, absolute dump. Can't even get a pint at the ground either when I went.  Show us what chanting sounds like? we silenced you at your place, especially when KVV rattled one in.  

You'll be still above us, FOR NOW. Making yourself feel better already in case there is a pending defeat.  

Be nice to get the first double since 1955 over you lot.  

Grimsby get battered, everywhere they go.........

UTI
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 41
Northbank Mariner
March 6, 2020, 5:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from BIron

Agree with you on that regarding Bradford, absolute dump. Can't even get a pint at the ground either when I went.  Show us what chanting sounds like? we silenced you at your place, especially when KVV rattled one in.  

You'll be still above us, FOR NOW. Making yourself feel better already in case there is a pending defeat.  

Be nice to get the first double since 1955 over you lot.  

Grimsby get battered, everywhere they go.........

UTI

KVV may have scored that goal but he's classless, when king Charles turns your defence inside out and slabs one past your haplessl keeper, he'll rightly come celebrate with the loud, proud following of the black n White army...
On about grounds, take it you've not had the displeasure of visiting Forrest Green Rovers yet...now that is a hell hole..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 41
KingstonMariner
March 6, 2020, 7:58pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Lincs Iron man
The town will be full of Scunny so not sure where you codheads will be going.

Expecting between 7-8K

You boys don't get gates like that and can't remember you getting anything close

Enjoy your big day out in our fine garden town TI

Fine garden town. Good one ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‰

Us not getting gates as good as Scunny. Another cracker. ๐Ÿ˜†

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 41
Lincs Iron man
March 6, 2020, 8:11pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -577
Next you will be telling us that you used to be a big club!!

At present you are the third biggest club in Lincolnshire

You boys are excited and its like a Christmas morning for you visiting a nice stadium with the best atmosphere in these parts you could only dream of.

Come you Iron

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Quiet Real Ale Pub For Scunny.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.