Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Quiet Real Ale Pub For Scunny.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 236 Guests

Quiet Real Ale Pub For Scunny.

This thread currently has 7,225 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Shipwrecked In Gainsborough
March 4, 2020, 11:12pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +248
Gold Stars: 2
As a Town fan & Ex Pat in Scunthorpe , and I know some will think it is self promotion, but I own a Pub on the ground side of Scunny about 7 mins by car from Glanford Park. The pub is called The Dog & Gun and is in the small village of East Butterwick ( DN17 3AJ ). It's a traditional old style boozer, we brew our own Real Ale on site (won loads of awards ). We will be open at 11 am Sat if any WELL behaved  GY fans want to call in ?. We are far enough away from the ground to be under the radar, so we don't get home fans coming in but only a few mins away for those with transport. We have had several visits  from many away clubs playing Scunny over the years. Not a rowdy venue such as The Torch ( What a day/ gaff that was! ), but would be great for those wanting a few proper beers by the River( Trent ) before the match. Maybe see a few in there Sat. UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Grim up north
March 4, 2020, 11:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +689
Gold Stars: 1
Remember helping to organise a coach of lads to Chesterfield away when we got promoted and they weren't letting any coaches in till 1pm. We sorted a pub on the outskirts of Scunny run by a Town fan and went there for early morning, it was the dog and rat at Broughton ....wasn't yours was it ?. We slapped a big GTFC cross of st George on the roundabout and played about 40 a side in the car park ...think we must've sold a ticket or two extra for the coach in the Dolly on the Friday night.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 41
Shipwrecked In Gainsborough
March 4, 2020, 11:55pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +248
LOL, no not my boozer, name a coincidence, sounds like happy days though!.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 41
GYinScuntland
March 5, 2020, 10:11am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
As a Town fan & Ex Pat in Scunthorpe , and I know some will think it is self promotion, but I own a Pub on the ground side of Scunny about 7 mins by car from Glanford Park. The pub is called The Dog & Gun and is in the small village of East Butterwick ( DN17 3AJ ). It's a traditional old style boozer, we brew our own Real Ale on site (won loads of awards ). We will be open at 11 am Sat if any WELL behaved  GY fans want to call in ?. We are far enough away from the ground to be under the radar, so we don't get home fans coming in but only a few mins away for those with transport. We have had several visits  from many away clubs playing Scunny over the years. Not a rowdy venue such as The Torch ( What a day/ gaff that was! ), but would be great for those wanting a few proper beers by the River( Trent ) before the match. Maybe see a few in there Sat. UTM.

That's a good call.
Proper old style boozer and a bonus if a nice day as the tables across the road on the Trent bank are perfect.
As you say, just minutes from the ground but remember to give plenty of time for parking up etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 41
BIron
March 6, 2020, 11:08am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: -98

Often frequent your pub in the summer months, never realised it was ran by a Cod.  Let's hope you don't attract any riff raff in your  pub tomorrow.  I shall be drinking in Blue Bell, home fans only and rightly so. We wasn't given a pub when we came to Grimsby so same treatment for tomorrow for yourselves is fair.

UTI
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 41
Les Brechin
March 6, 2020, 1:04pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from BIron

Often frequent your pub in the summer months, never realised it was ran by a Cod.  Let's hope you don't attract any riff raff in your  pub tomorrow.  I shall be drinking in Blue Bell, home fans only and rightly so. We wasn't given a pub when we came to Grimsby so same treatment for tomorrow for yourselves is fair.

UTI

Do you have to show the 6 fingers on your hand then to prove you're from Scunny.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 41
Abdul19
March 6, 2020, 1:18pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,576
Gold Stars: 218
I'm having 6 Snakebites at Henry Afrika's

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 41
Stadium
March 6, 2020, 1:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from BIron

UTI

You can actually have a beer without been allocated a certain pub.
To be honest the bluebellend is a wetherspoons establishment is it not?
Good decision all round I think.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 41
Gaffer58
March 6, 2020, 4:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
The Blue Bell has just been done up and extended, probably much too big for the scunny supporters now but I suppose the management could find them a couple of tables to sit at, and when I say “ done up” don’t forget it is in scunny so it won’t look too posh.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 41
Lincs Iron man
March 6, 2020, 4:46pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -577
The town will be full of Scunny so not sure where you codheads will be going.

Expecting between 7-8K

You boys don't get gates like that and can't remember you getting anything close

Enjoy your big day out in our fine garden town TI
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 41
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Quiet Real Ale Pub For Scunny.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.