Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Blundell Park
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 218 Guests

Blundell Park

This thread currently has 6,345 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
February 29, 2020, 7:16pm
Guest User
Shame the Club couldn’t get hot running water and soap in the toilets today.  At the best of times facilities at the Club are poor but with hygiene high on the agenda and virus prevention the club’s response was non-existent for the 5k who attended.

Driving home crawled the kerbs of the East Marsh trying to imagine the new ground. I can’t see it ever being built there, the area is an absolute mess. I don’t think a football stadium will help that part of town, there is little community left, just a war zone controlled by crime.
thefish
February 29, 2020, 7:22pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from 28195
Shame the Club couldn’t get hot running water and soap in the toilets today.  At the best of times facilities at the Club are poor but with hygiene high on the agenda and virus prevention the club’s response was non-existent for the 5k who attended.

Driving home crawled the kerbs of the East Marsh trying to imagine the new ground. I can’t see it ever being built there, the area is an absolute mess. I don’t think a football stadium will help that part of town, there is little community left, just a war zone controlled by crime.

So, you’re a glass half full kind of man then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 33
ska face
February 29, 2020, 7:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from 28195

I see we lost again.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 33
PoutonStepover
February 29, 2020, 7:33pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +107
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from thefish

So, you’re a glass half full kind of man then?

Surprised he didn’t get glassed in the face on the east marsh
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 33
LH
February 29, 2020, 7:36pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,566
Gold Stars: 174
Green was shite and I’ve come home with coronavirus. FFS Town.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 33
Rodley Mariner
February 29, 2020, 7:39pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,257
Gold Stars: 178
I know Coronavirus is spreading rapidly round the world and morphing into a pandemic with no known cure but I can't help suspect the pissers at Blundell Park would kill it off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 33
promotion plaice
February 29, 2020, 7:43pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I know Coronavirus is spreading rapidly round the world and morphing into a pandemic with no known cure but I can't help suspect the pissers at Blundell Park would kill it off.

The Coronavirus would struggle the get in the gents at half time.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 33
February 29, 2020, 7:50pm
Guest User
Feel as though some are taking the urine here, just asking for hot water and soap, not marble urinals or Andrex loo roll
Reply: 7 - 33
grimps
February 29, 2020, 7:52pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
I think a stadium at Freemo is the only chance that place ever has of any kind of revival
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 33
thefish
February 29, 2020, 7:55pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from LH

I had worse days at Blundell Park under Newell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 33
lew chaterleys lover
February 29, 2020, 8:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from 28195

Yes it takes a huge leap of faith to imagine anything rising from the rubble that is Freeman Street. All we know so far is a YMCA building and 4 stands and open corners somewhere behind the market.

I think we can safely say it will be another generation that sees any transformation of the East Marsh become reality.

I find it difficult to understand why you would undergo demolition work before any precise plans are in place. Low cost housing should be the number one priority, but I have not seen anything mentioned.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
moosey_club
February 29, 2020, 8:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from 28195

First time you have ever been to BP or first time you have ever used the facilities ?

If you are as concerned about the corona virus as you appear then surely you could have anticipated and prepared , brought your own antibacterial wipes to not only cover your use of the toilets but all your other public place movements.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 33
promotion plaice
February 29, 2020, 8:19pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200
I find it difficult to understand why you would undergo demolition work before any precise plans are in place

The Winter Gardens, Ramsdens and the Clifton Bingo Hall spring to mind.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
Croxton
February 29, 2020, 8:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from moosey_club

First time you have ever been to BP or first time you have ever used the facilities ?

If you are as concerned about the corona virus as you appear then surely you could have anticipated and prepared , brought your own antibacterial wipes to not only cover your use of the toilets but all your other public place movements.

Croxton:-
You are both right but, in truth, gels, sprays, antibacterial wipes and disposal bins should be available at various locations in the ground as well as in toilet areas. Apart from the chill, I wore gloves so I could use the handrails but I forgot my manners when I lost it with the ref and sprayed bile and spittle all over rows F and D in the upper.
Seriously, extra conditions for all public events should be mandatory after emergency legislation next week. I visit at least two elderly high risk relatives each time I visit BP. Neither have much immunity left. The least we can do is clean our hands.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
KingstonMariner
February 29, 2020, 8:59pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Probably easier to sell if any buildings are already demolished

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
Caveman
February 29, 2020, 11:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from 28195

So it was you down Rutland Street wearing a mask.  Now I can sleep tonight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 33
moosey_club
February 29, 2020, 11:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Croxton

Personal responsibility to take care of your own hygiene. In my experience there is always running water, towels, loo roll at the ground...soap can be a bit hit and miss though to be totally honest.
There could be a lesson for the club , have a pre match check on all soap dispensers, provisions etc but i would think they do this anyway given i rarely find them lacking.
if you are that seriously concerned about what may be in place then have your own back up plan and if anyone is that seriously concerned about corona virus then i am suprised they are not carrying their own gel/wipes/gloves/tissues to comply with best advice anyway.

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 33
aldi_01
March 1, 2020, 7:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I hope the original poster never visits other grounds...running water is the least of your worries.

And with all due respect, I’ve been to wembley numerous times and on occasions even they’ve lacked soap and bog roll...

No point moaning though, there’s a thread that’s multiple pages on here about a new ground...don’t get excited that BP get anything like any improvements, one must remember we are throwing all our eggs and anything else we can find in to the new stadium....

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
Rick12
March 1, 2020, 8:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from 28195

With enough support antisocial behaviour and other crimes can be mostly eradicated even in the most deprived areas hence from reading past real life examples and being to places myself in the world where crime is at a minimum.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 33
pizzzza
March 1, 2020, 9:16am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from 28195

Driving home crawled the kerbs of the East Marsh

Riby Street or under the flyover are the best places for that sort of thing (so I've been told).
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 33
grimsby pete
March 1, 2020, 5:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from LH

I bet you have never been to Corona  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 33
rancido
March 1, 2020, 5:17pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from grimsby pete

I bet you have never been to Corona  

I've drunk it!!!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 33
lew chaterleys lover
March 1, 2020, 5:37pm
Vodka Drinker
All things like basic facilities and fan comfort at BP will have to be addressed as going on the fans forum we will be there for many years yet.

On the subject of the forum one or two things intrigued me. Firstly the design which we have touched upon but was entirely predictable and disappointing.

The explanation of the finance for the stadium was non existent.

Was I correct in hearing Mr Day that Fenty had measured the site himself and declared the site big enough? Is Mr Fenty a qualified architect, as there might be all sorts of problems with a site the untrained eye cannot see.

This on the back of a homosexual packet approach  is unlikely to lead to a new stadium any time soon so we should be making contingency plans for BP.

Private Message
Reply: 22 - 33
moosey_club
March 1, 2020, 6:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
All things like basic facilities and fan comfort at BP will have to be addressed as going on the fans forum we will be there for many years yet.

On the subject of the forum one or two things intrigued me. Firstly the design which we have touched upon but was entirely predictable and disappointing.

The explanation of the finance for the stadium was non existent.

Was I correct in hearing Mr Day that Fenty had measured the site himself and declared the site big enough? Is Mr Fenty a qualified architect, as there might be all sorts of problems with a site the untrained eye cannot see.

This on the back of a homosexual packet approach  is unlikely to lead to a new stadium any time soon so we should be making contingency plans for BP.

I wondered, given the apparent lack of any clear plans, negotiations, land agreements, funding, development partners, architects etc  if Ollie was suprised by this,  as when he joined he mentioned the plans to move to a new stadium and wider "project"were part of his thinking for coming on board.
I just hope he hasnt been led on slightly as to how far we are down the road , as from the Forum it looks like we are still stuck in traffic trying to turn right out of Imperial Ave at the moment.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 33
arryarryarry
March 1, 2020, 7:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,038
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from aldi_01
I hope the original poster never visits other grounds...running water is the least of your worries.

And with all due respect, I’ve been to wembley numerous times and on occasions even they’ve lacked soap and bog roll...

No point moaning though, there’s a thread that’s multiple pages on here about a new ground...don’t get excited that BP get anything like any improvements, one must remember we are throwing all our eggs and anything else we can find in to the new stadium....

Don't get excited about improvements to BP?

I would suggest nobody should get excited about a new ground either.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 33
lew chaterleys lover
March 1, 2020, 7:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

I wondered, given the apparent lack of any clear plans, negotiations, land agreements, funding, development partners, architects etc  if Ollie was suprised by this,  as when he joined he mentioned the plans to move to a new stadium and wider "project"were part of his thinking for coming on board.
I just hope he hasnt been led on slightly as to how far we are down the road , as from the Forum it looks like we are still stuck in traffic trying to turn right out of Imperial Ave at the moment.

I was worried about that, and although I am labouring the point somewhat I have been left open mouthed re the lack of direction on the stadium issue the other night, bearing in mind it was going to be the number one question.

I am still harbouring hope that with Ollie on board, and on the board ,we might make some headway.  Unless there are things going on in the background I don't suppose he will be too impressed so far. There again  he is too astute to rely on information from the board without seeing specifics surely?

I often think any other club faced with these circumstances- a well loved and respected manager who joins the board and publicly states he wants to take us up the leagues and a regeneration project that the council want the stadium to be a major part of - would move heaven and earth to make visible progress.

Where is the urgency? Where is the detailed blueprint of how we get a new ground? Nice man though he is Mr Day just spoke in abstracts and even they were disappointing.

Like everyone else I am desperate for Ollie to succeed on the field and his legacy off it, but the club must get its act together.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 33
GYinScuntland
March 1, 2020, 10:47pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from LH

I had that Chinese Coronavirus an hour ago and I don't half fancy another one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 33
WesternMariner
March 2, 2020, 1:27am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +948
Gold Stars: 38
“ This on the back of a homosexual packet approach  is unlikely to lead to a new stadium any time soon so we should be making contingency plans for BP.”

Sometimes the swear word blocker throws out a classic!

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 33
gtfc_akpa_akpro
March 2, 2020, 1:37am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / -3
Approval: +104
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from 28195

Driving home crawled the kerbs of the East Marsh

I wouldn’t be admitting to that if I was you. You’ll get a reputation

i would really like to know biccys favourite biscuit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 33
MrFisherman
March 2, 2020, 10:18am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: -168
I don't bother with them as I get bored shirtless listening to Rutter making it all about him🤔🤔🤔🤔
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 33
golfer
March 3, 2020, 7:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
I wash my hands now before I go to the toilet - you know what running water does - I pss myself so then I have to get a bath - by this time I want to go to the toilet again so I pss in the bath. When I get out I have to take a shower. By this time, with my prostate problems I want a wee again - so I wash my hands    ---
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 33
grimsby pete
March 3, 2020, 8:47am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from golfer
I wash my hands now before I go to the toilet - you know what running water does - I pss myself so then I have to get a bath - by this time I want to go to the toilet again so I pss in the bath. When I get out I have to take a shower. By this time, with my prostate problems I want a wee again - so I wash my hands    ---

I am pleased I am not the only one with that problem golfer .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 33
dicko995
March 3, 2020, 9:03am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -252
Gold Stars: 25
Using the new Stadium as a community place is ideal for the dropouts in that area. Come end of season, they,ll be growing their own 'grass' under the floodlights, its a win win situation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 33
golfer
March 3, 2020, 2:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
I was in the  ticket office this morning and every body was talking about the virus when 2 chaps came in ,both wearing masks -bedlam broke out and everybody was trying to get out. Suddenly the first guy shouted out  " This is a robbery " You wouldn't believe it but everybody calmed down.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 33
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Blundell Park

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.