Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), February 29, 2020, 7:16pm
Shame the Club couldn’t get hot running water and soap in the toilets today.  At the best of times facilities at the Club are poor but with hygiene high on the agenda and virus prevention the club’s response was non-existent for the 5k who attended.

Driving home crawled the kerbs of the East Marsh trying to imagine the new ground. I can’t see it ever being built there, the area is an absolute mess. I don’t think a football stadium will help that part of town, there is little community left, just a war zone controlled by crime.
Posted by: thefish, February 29, 2020, 7:22pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from 28195
Shame the Club couldn’t get hot running water and soap in the toilets today.  At the best of times facilities at the Club are poor but with hygiene high on the agenda and virus prevention the club’s response was non-existent for the 5k who attended.

Driving home crawled the kerbs of the East Marsh trying to imagine the new ground. I can’t see it ever being built there, the area is an absolute mess. I don’t think a football stadium will help that part of town, there is little community left, just a war zone controlled by crime.

So, you’re a glass half full kind of man then?
Posted by: ska face, February 29, 2020, 7:27pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from 28195

I see we lost again.
Posted by: PoutonStepover, February 29, 2020, 7:33pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from thefish

So, you’re a glass half full kind of man then?

Surprised he didn’t get glassed in the face on the east marsh
Posted by: LH, February 29, 2020, 7:36pm; Reply: 4
Green was shite and I’ve come home with coronavirus. FFS Town.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, February 29, 2020, 7:39pm; Reply: 5
I know Coronavirus is spreading rapidly round the world and morphing into a pandemic with no known cure but I can't help suspect the pissers at Blundell Park would kill it off.
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 29, 2020, 7:43pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I know Coronavirus is spreading rapidly round the world and morphing into a pandemic with no known cure but I can't help suspect the pissers at Blundell Park would kill it off.

The Coronavirus would struggle the get in the gents at half time.

Posted by: 28195 (Guest), February 29, 2020, 7:50pm; Reply: 7
Feel as though some are taking the urine here, just asking for hot water and soap, not marble urinals or Andrex loo roll
Posted by: grimps, February 29, 2020, 7:52pm; Reply: 8
I think a stadium at Freemo is the only chance that place ever has of any kind of revival
Posted by: thefish, February 29, 2020, 7:55pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from LH

I had worse days at Blundell Park under Newell.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, February 29, 2020, 8:01pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from 28195

Yes it takes a huge leap of faith to imagine anything rising from the rubble that is Freeman Street. All we know so far is a YMCA building and 4 stands and open corners somewhere behind the market.

I think we can safely say it will be another generation that sees any transformation of the East Marsh become reality.

I find it difficult to understand why you would undergo demolition work before any precise plans are in place. Low cost housing should be the number one priority, but I have not seen anything mentioned.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 29, 2020, 8:14pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from 28195

First time you have ever been to BP or first time you have ever used the facilities ?

If you are as concerned about the corona virus as you appear then surely you could have anticipated and prepared , brought your own antibacterial wipes to not only cover your use of the toilets but all your other public place movements.

Posted by: promotion plaice, February 29, 2020, 8:19pm; Reply: 12
I find it difficult to understand why you would undergo demolition work before any precise plans are in place

The Winter Gardens, Ramsdens and the Clifton Bingo Hall spring to mind.

Posted by: Croxton, February 29, 2020, 8:43pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from moosey_club

First time you have ever been to BP or first time you have ever used the facilities ?

If you are as concerned about the corona virus as you appear then surely you could have anticipated and prepared , brought your own antibacterial wipes to not only cover your use of the toilets but all your other public place movements.

Croxton:-
You are both right but, in truth, gels, sprays, antibacterial wipes and disposal bins should be available at various locations in the ground as well as in toilet areas. Apart from the chill, I wore gloves so I could use the handrails but I forgot my manners when I lost it with the ref and sprayed bile and spittle all over rows F and D in the upper.
Seriously, extra conditions for all public events should be mandatory after emergency legislation next week. I visit at least two elderly high risk relatives each time I visit BP. Neither have much immunity left. The least we can do is clean our hands.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 29, 2020, 8:59pm; Reply: 14
Probably easier to sell if any buildings are already demolished
Posted by: Caveman, February 29, 2020, 11:35pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from 28195

So it was you down Rutland Street wearing a mask.  Now I can sleep tonight.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 29, 2020, 11:36pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Croxton

Personal responsibility to take care of your own hygiene. In my experience there is always running water, towels, loo roll at the ground...soap can be a bit hit and miss though to be totally honest.
There could be a lesson for the club , have a pre match check on all soap dispensers, provisions etc but i would think they do this anyway given i rarely find them lacking.
if you are that seriously concerned about what may be in place then have your own back up plan and if anyone is that seriously concerned about corona virus then i am suprised they are not carrying their own gel/wipes/gloves/tissues to comply with best advice anyway.
Posted by: aldi_01, March 1, 2020, 7:38am; Reply: 17
I hope the original poster never visits other grounds...running water is the least of your worries.

And with all due respect, I’ve been to wembley numerous times and on occasions even they’ve lacked soap and bog roll...

No point moaning though, there’s a thread that’s multiple pages on here about a new ground...don’t get excited that BP get anything like any improvements, one must remember we are throwing all our eggs and anything else we can find in to the new stadium....
Posted by: Rick12, March 1, 2020, 8:04am; Reply: 18
Quoted from 28195

With enough support antisocial behaviour and other crimes can be mostly eradicated even in the most deprived areas hence from reading past real life examples and being to places myself in the world where crime is at a minimum.
Posted by: pizzzza, March 1, 2020, 9:16am; Reply: 19
Quoted from 28195

Driving home crawled the kerbs of the East Marsh

Riby Street or under the flyover are the best places for that sort of thing (so I've been told).
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 1, 2020, 5:12pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from LH

I bet you have never been to Corona  :P
Posted by: rancido, March 1, 2020, 5:17pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from grimsby pete

I bet you have never been to Corona  :P

I've drunk it!!!
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, March 1, 2020, 5:37pm; Reply: 22
All things like basic facilities and fan comfort at BP will have to be addressed as going on the fans forum we will be there for many years yet.

On the subject of the forum one or two things intrigued me. Firstly the design which we have touched upon but was entirely predictable and disappointing.

The explanation of the finance for the stadium was non existent.

Was I correct in hearing Mr Day that Fenty had measured the site himself and declared the site big enough? Is Mr Fenty a qualified architect, as there might be all sorts of problems with a site the untrained eye cannot see.

This on the back of a homosexual packet approach  is unlikely to lead to a new stadium any time soon so we should be making contingency plans for BP.

Posted by: moosey_club, March 1, 2020, 6:30pm; Reply: 23
All things like basic facilities and fan comfort at BP will have to be addressed as going on the fans forum we will be there for many years yet.

On the subject of the forum one or two things intrigued me. Firstly the design which we have touched upon but was entirely predictable and disappointing.

The explanation of the finance for the stadium was non existent.

Was I correct in hearing Mr Day that Fenty had measured the site himself and declared the site big enough? Is Mr Fenty a qualified architect, as there might be all sorts of problems with a site the untrained eye cannot see.

This on the back of a homosexual packet approach  is unlikely to lead to a new stadium any time soon so we should be making contingency plans for BP.

I wondered, given the apparent lack of any clear plans, negotiations, land agreements, funding, development partners, architects etc  if Ollie was suprised by this,  as when he joined he mentioned the plans to move to a new stadium and wider "project"were part of his thinking for coming on board.
I just hope he hasnt been led on slightly as to how far we are down the road , as from the Forum it looks like we are still stuck in traffic trying to turn right out of Imperial Ave at the moment.
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 1, 2020, 7:18pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from aldi_01
I hope the original poster never visits other grounds...running water is the least of your worries.

And with all due respect, I’ve been to wembley numerous times and on occasions even they’ve lacked soap and bog roll...

No point moaning though, there’s a thread that’s multiple pages on here about a new ground...don’t get excited that BP get anything like any improvements, one must remember we are throwing all our eggs and anything else we can find in to the new stadium....

Don't get excited about improvements to BP?

I would suggest nobody should get excited about a new ground either.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, March 1, 2020, 7:20pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from moosey_club

I wondered, given the apparent lack of any clear plans, negotiations, land agreements, funding, development partners, architects etc  if Ollie was suprised by this,  as when he joined he mentioned the plans to move to a new stadium and wider "project"were part of his thinking for coming on board.
I just hope he hasnt been led on slightly as to how far we are down the road , as from the Forum it looks like we are still stuck in traffic trying to turn right out of Imperial Ave at the moment.

I was worried about that, and although I am labouring the point somewhat I have been left open mouthed re the lack of direction on the stadium issue the other night, bearing in mind it was going to be the number one question.

I am still harbouring hope that with Ollie on board, and on the board ,we might make some headway.  Unless there are things going on in the background I don't suppose he will be too impressed so far. There again  he is too astute to rely on information from the board without seeing specifics surely?

I often think any other club faced with these circumstances- a well loved and respected manager who joins the board and publicly states he wants to take us up the leagues and a regeneration project that the council want the stadium to be a major part of - would move heaven and earth to make visible progress.

Where is the urgency? Where is the detailed blueprint of how we get a new ground? Nice man though he is Mr Day just spoke in abstracts and even they were disappointing.

Like everyone else I am desperate for Ollie to succeed on the field and his legacy off it, but the club must get its act together.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, March 1, 2020, 10:47pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from LH

I had that Chinese Coronavirus an hour ago and I don't half fancy another one.
Posted by: WesternMariner, March 2, 2020, 1:27am; Reply: 27
“ This on the back of a homosexual packet approach  is unlikely to lead to a new stadium any time soon so we should be making contingency plans for BP.”

Sometimes the swear word blocker throws out a classic!
Posted by: gtfc_akpa_akpro, March 2, 2020, 1:37am; Reply: 28
Quoted from 28195

Driving home crawled the kerbs of the East Marsh

I wouldn’t be admitting to that if I was you. You’ll get a reputation
Posted by: MrFisherman, March 2, 2020, 10:18am; Reply: 29
I don't bother with them as I get bored shirtless listening to Rutter making it all about him🤔🤔🤔🤔
Posted by: golfer, March 3, 2020, 7:46am; Reply: 30
I wash my hands now before I go to the toilet - you know what running water does - I pss myself so then I have to get a bath - by this time I want to go to the toilet again so I pss in the bath. When I get out I have to take a shower. By this time, with my prostate problems I want a wee again - so I wash my hands    ---
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 3, 2020, 8:47am; Reply: 31
Quoted from golfer
I wash my hands now before I go to the toilet - you know what running water does - I pss myself so then I have to get a bath - by this time I want to go to the toilet again so I pss in the bath. When I get out I have to take a shower. By this time, with my prostate problems I want a wee again - so I wash my hands    ---

I am pleased I am not the only one with that problem golfer . :B
Posted by: dicko995, March 3, 2020, 9:03am; Reply: 32
Using the new Stadium as a community place is ideal for the dropouts in that area. Come end of season, they,ll be growing their own 'grass' under the floodlights, its a win win situation.
Posted by: golfer, March 3, 2020, 2:26pm; Reply: 33
I was in the  ticket office this morning and every body was talking about the virus when 2 chaps came in ,both wearing masks -bedlam broke out and everybody was trying to get out. Suddenly the first guy shouted out  " This is a robbery " You wouldn't believe it but everybody calmed down.
Print page generated: May 23, 2024, 2:18pm