Vance Warner
February 24, 2020, 7:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,821
Gold Stars: 105
Quoted from rancido
The "Snowflake Generation" is still very much alive and well represented on The Fishy!

I'm not keen on people speaking to other people like sh1t when they are trying to do their job. The term snowflake seems to be used for anyone who's disagrees with twat1sh behaviour to another human being. If that makes me a snowflake then so be it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 90
wigworld
February 24, 2020, 9:11pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Vance Warner

The term snowflake seems to be used for anyone who's disagrees with twat1sh behaviour to another human being. If that makes me a snowflake then so be it.

It's a long time since I've read anything on The Fishy that I agree with more than this. Hats off to you, VW.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 81 - 90
TheCodfather1966
February 24, 2020, 9:51pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
Well said Vance Warner.  People seem to forget that John Tondeur is Town through and through as was his father.  JT has given town excellent coverage for tens of years now and was treated awfully by Holloway.  Lets not forget, it was only a few weeks ago that Holloway apprehended a youth in Grimsby  and said quote " come on have some RESPECT, and pride in your town " !!!  Did Ollie give JT any respect, none at all.  JT was only doing his frigging job after all, and needs to ask questions about team selection etc etc.  What came out loud and clear in this interview was almost a Fenty style arrogance that I am going to do what I want and screw the rest of you.  Before people think I am anti Ollie, that is far from the case.  I was delighted with Ollies appointment and still am, and think we can really build for the future, but don't disrespect your own people.  We should all pull together in the same direction, not build another them and us scenario.  Rant over, but after weeks of great PR and bridge building, I would have expected far better of Ollie than the post Swindon interview.  UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 90
Northbank Mariner
February 24, 2020, 10:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Think they've healed any rift, seemed to be getting on just fine in Ollie's pre Newport press interview...think it's time to put this to bed and move on, take it on the chin that Ollie was obviously p!ssed off at losing to Swindon and I believe he was possibly a bit p!ssed off with himself for getting his tactics wrong...see how he reacts after tomorrow evening's game eh?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 90
TheCodfather1966
February 24, 2020, 10:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
Very fair comment Northbank, unless something major at the club, keep steaming ahead and make progress.  UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 90
Boris Johnson
February 25, 2020, 12:04am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Not too impressed with Ollie on this one, but JT should be used to it by now. He was given a torrid time by Hurst and his bully boy sidekick whose name escapes me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 90
KingstonMariner
February 25, 2020, 12:53am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Boris Johnson
Not too impressed with Ollie on this one, but JT should be used to it by now. He was given a torrid time by Hurst and his bully boy sidekick whose name escapes me.

Not a nice thing to call your follower John is it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 90
codcheeky
February 25, 2020, 7:27am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Boris Johnson

Why should anyone get used to be subjected to rudeness as part of their job ?  I H cannot preach respect and act oppositely ,when you lose as  a manager you get more searching questions, I H must know this is is part and parcel of the job in n the modern era
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 90
TheCodfather1966
February 25, 2020, 9:23am
Lager Top Drinker
Very true Codcheeky, why should JT have to walk on egg shells everytime Town lose or don't play well.  Whilst driving back from Town games I always used to listen to Steve Bruce being interviewed by David Burns when Steve Bruce was in charge at Hull City.  Burns used to ask Bruce every question he could think of, and was very direct all of the time, but Steve Bruce was polite and open to every question and always had a laugh and joke with David Burns.  We need our managers to show more politeness and a greater level of maturity when giving interviews, and Holloway in that Swindon interview let himself down badly.  That said, we need to move on and beat Newport tonight..............  UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 90
FishOutOfWater
February 25, 2020, 1:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
I heard the interview and I was a bit taken aback by IH's reaction

As it was audio only and we weren't there to witness the body language and whether he stormed off or just shrugged it off,  we just don't know the full extent of the spat

As JT often says, it's only half cleared....
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 89 - 90
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway post match interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.