arryarryarry
February 23, 2020, 3:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from PaceyMariner
I was actually being hypothetical there arryarryarry, but fair play, I get what you mean. I’ll hold my hands up to a slight overreaction.

It just feels like some Town fans can’t wait to jump on something and turn it into a negative. I don’t wear rose tinted glasses and think everything is wonderful, but some posters only seem to post negatives on here. It’s almost like they can’t wait for something to go wrong.

No problems. I just think a few on here like me were just pointing out it was an unfair reaction by IH to a well known local journalist when asking a simple but probably mundane question, one that I think he has answered before when playing a forth coming midweek game. I do appreciate it came after a poor result and nice to see that he can be unhappy with that but it is the players he should be taking out any problems with.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 90
golfer
February 23, 2020, 4:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,448
Quoted from grimsby pete
If you lot are offended by Ollie's reaction,

You should hear my wife and me going at each other .

Yes - but I bet it's you who ends up saying " SORRY "
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 90
golfer
February 23, 2020, 4:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,448
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It was meant to be a joke.

I don't know why people need to be so touchy about it. I thought they were proud to be kippers.

" BOO " now that's football
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 90
pen penfras
February 23, 2020, 4:30pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
It did seem a bit over the top, but maybe it's just deflection. Everybody is now talking about Ollie's overreaction and not the urine poor defending that seems to be a regular occurrence right now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 90
Caveman
February 23, 2020, 4:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 17
If it had been David Burns doing the interview you all
would have lapped it up.

It's a real world out there !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 90
RonMariner
February 23, 2020, 9:24pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
FFS.

He was drunk off because he hates us losing and got a bit ratty.

Let's all get over it and move on.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 90
Mariner_09
February 23, 2020, 9:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Just a second, if Hurst, or any other former manager for that matter, had done that this place would've imploded with rage. Proof that the honeymoon period is very much alive and well.

For me, it's bang out of order. JT asked a typical, pretty non-descript question that Olly inexplicably reacted to in a angry manner. He should personally apologise to JT, otherwise why should JT continue to interview him? Just because we've got a "feel good factor" doesn't mean he should be beyond reproach!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 90
promotion plaice
February 23, 2020, 9:55pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200

I'm pretty sure John Tonduer hasn't lost any sleep over it FFS, total over reaction if you ask me.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 90
Sammo
February 23, 2020, 10:00pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +171
Ollie's reaction probably was a bit OTT but following his career it isn't the first time and it certainly wont be the last especially when being interviewed so soon after a defeat.

I think he writes in his autobiography that he has had anger issues in the past and had anger management to combat this.

Supporting town will not be dull on and off the pitch with Ollie.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 90
PaceyMariner
February 23, 2020, 10:01pm
Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +266
Gold Stars: 4
Mariner _09, I very much doubt ‘the whole place would have exploded with rage’ after an off the cuff comment from our manager to a journalist.

No manager should be beyond reproach, however to state ‘just because we have the feel good factor’ to me seems to undermine what has actually changed on the pitch since IH took over. Compare what we were watching under MJ to what we are watching now. It clearly isn’t just ‘the feel good factor’ that IH has brought.

At worst, IH probably was a bit out of order with his reply, and I guess a lot of it was down to the frustration of our defending. However, to turn it in to some sort of witch-hunt against him and have this sort of a negative reaction against him seems a bit OTT.

Pacey <*))))><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 90
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway post match interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.