Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 20 Guests

Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

This thread currently has 263,698 views. Print
117 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
June 22, 2019, 9:21am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,774
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from The Boys Paddock

Utter and total balderdash, if he hasnt got a pot to urine in, he can urine off and start a new charity.  This place has done nothing but moan consistently for years about lack of investment, no budget this, no budget that....your post stinks of hypocrisy.

And yours reeks of completely ignoring what people have been saying for years (and also of you being a bit slow...).

We currently have a majority shareholder who’s put nothing into the club for years but is taking £200k out and people still fall at his feet. We’re being drunk on & told it’s raining.

Investment comes in many forms - sponsorship, TV money, merchandise, tickets and most of it comes out of the pockets of fans, not chairmen. At the minute, we see nothing to increase ANY of that money coming in. People would be happy with “investment” coming from anywhere, and the only reason people want to see Fenty stick his hand in his pocket is because of his relaxed attitude to losing money in all other areas. Think most people would be happier to sell another million quid’s worth of season tickets than get a £1m handout from a chairman (that he might want back in 16 years...).

Do try & keep up at the back.
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 1162
The Boys Paddock
June 22, 2019, 9:23am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -964
Quoted from mariner91

What a crock of shite this is. Firstly, he’s going to have more money than any old Tom, male private or Harry.

Secondly and more to the point, the main gripe people had with the current regime is that nothing changed in 17 years. The club had been left behind, BP allowed to fall in to a state of disrepair and the relationship between board and fans was at an all time low. If somebody comes in and modernises the club, improves the match day experience as well as getting the fans back on side then I don’t care if they don’t come in and throw a ton of money at it. Down the road at Lincoln they haven’t chucked money at it, just reinvested money they got from their cup run and about £250K per season from their new chairman which isn’t that much.

If the old board is removed and the new one is progressive and starts to create something the fans can get behind then the amount of money available will increase anyway. At that point it is up to us, if we really want a team worth investing time and money in then we’ll have to show a new regime that there is the capacity for greater support when there is something worth supporting.

fans wont increase unless we start winning, and winning on a regular basis, no white knight in shining armour is going to change that.

Show me the money, and now. Player investment has to be the priority, not a lick of paint in the toilets.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 1162
The Boys Paddock
June 22, 2019, 9:29am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -964
Quoted from ska face

And yours reeks of completely ignoring what people have been saying for years (and also of you being a bit slow...).

We currently have a majority shareholder who’s put nothing into the club for years but is taking £200k out and people still fall at his feet. We’re being drunk on & told it’s raining.

Investment comes in many forms - sponsorship, TV money, merchandise, tickets and most of it comes out of the pockets of fans, not chairmen. At the minute, we see nothing to increase ANY of that money coming in. People would be happy with “investment” coming from anywhere, and the only reason people want to see Fenty stick his hand in his pocket is because of his relaxed attitude to losing money in all other areas. Think most people would be happier to sell another million quid’s worth of season tickets than get a £1m handout from a chairman (that he might want back in 16 years...).

Do try & keep up at the back.

And you need to understand that success starts on the pitch, in player investment, and being able to increase the amount of money we can spend on wages. This board has winged on and on about player budget, not keeping up with the Jones'....unless Mr Shute addresses that then the club will remain stagnant in League 2....you think this is some sort of game Shute is playing, whereby he wont want a return on investment?   If he doesnt address the Player Budget as a first priority...then its pointless.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 1162
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
June 22, 2019, 9:34am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
The man’s greatest asset is that he isn’t John Fenty.

I hope he doesn’t squander that.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 1162
KingstonMariner
June 22, 2019, 9:44am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
He seems like the right sort (Shute).  Hopefully there’ll still be a place at the top table for the Trust. For the club to move forward in a sustainable way there’s got to be a partnership with the fans.

And as Lm43, Ska and others have said, I hope it brings a fresh start to build up the club through growing the revenue, not through splashing the cash.

As for the BoysaPillock, let’s not be too harsh on the hard of thinking. He seems to have a genuine inability to distinguish between different views and statements. One day people will understand this sad affliction and sufferers won’t be stigmatised and marginalised.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 1162
fleabag1970
June 22, 2019, 9:56am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Quoted from ska face

Calm down ffs  I was playing devils advocate .
You havnt answered my question btw

Jesus fuccking Christ, this place knocks me ill.

Is it beyond people to look at the bigger picture for 30 seconds and not reduce everything down to the size of any owner’s wallet? We don’t know a great deal about this bloke but given his write up in the Telegraph, he looks forward thinking, well connected and like someone who could finally get a proper stadium project over the line. If we’re looking at restoring some pride and potential back in this dead club, THAT is the one thing that will make or break us. Not whether or not he’ll fund a league two left back on £5k a week who’ll be with us for 18 months.

Pissing cash up the wall on players doesn’t mean a great deal - look at Notts County last year. And having a rich owner doesn’t mean it’s an automatically good deal for the club - ask any Newcastle fan what they think of billionaire Mike Ashley.

We need someone to drag this club into the 21st Century, hopefully this is someone who can do it. Players come & go, it’s the club that needs the most work this summer.

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 1162
jock dock tower
June 22, 2019, 10:08am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Looking at his track record I am happy someone of that calibre is coming to the club - if it does eventually all go well. If he's well connected then there is always the potential to do what JF has been unable to do, and that is to attract further external investment.

Like others though I'd hate to see money thrown at the club , especially without a well thought out plan in place, such as "I'd like to see Championship Football at GTFC again by 2025" which gives them time, space, and opportunity to rebuild the club from top to bottom. Get folk into the place who know how top clubs operate and mirror what they do.

If we achieve something special this year that would be an added bonus, but let's not hamper the club with expectations that can not be met. Patience really is a virtue.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 1162
Oly1987
June 22, 2019, 10:14am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,227
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from fleabag1970
How much is the guy worth because if he is "going for it" this season and beyond he will need a bottomless pit of money . Swann was allegedly putting 30k a week in to fund scunny going for it

30k a week isnt a massive wage budget nowadays. Take your average squad of 22 and it works out at an average wage of £1364 per week. Obviously some players on more, some less but I believe I read somewhere that last season our top earners were John Welsh and Ben Pringle on around £1500 a week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 1162
lukeo
June 22, 2019, 10:19am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,402
Gold Stars: 149
It's not about pumping money in for me it's more about having fresh ideas moving forward and getting this club in to the 21st century.. I'm  not expecting championship football or for us to be mega rich, I just want a well run sustainable club who plays football to please the fans. Id settle for constant attacks on the league 2 table or more ambitiously mid table division 1. But more importantly ii want us to unite fans and club as one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 1162
lukeo
June 22, 2019, 10:19am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,402
Gold Stars: 149
League two play offs ***
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 1162
117 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

Thread Rating

There have been 3 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.