16 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 All Recommend Thread
nealeardleyscrossing
September 18, 2018, 3:44pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -306
Gold Stars: 4
A lot of it is about luck too, Going back a few years lots wanted Dorrian out from Lincoln, not particularly because he was a bad person, but he made poor decision after poor decision.

He then came across Clive Nates and the rest is history, clearly Clive is a very high profile businessman, and he has managed to further get good people at the club. As Helgy said safe guarding the future is the main thing.

Even when we lose our management duo, I am less worried, because the infrastructure we have now will mean we chose our next manager from a better pot than we used to chose from.

I don't think it helps that you don't actually know what is required to get JF to leave - Has he actually said?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 157
Cod Cheeks
September 18, 2018, 6:35pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Quoted from Bigdog

OP
Bragate
Kristine SLO
Youth funding
Running of the bars at the ground

Thank you, so with these in mind, what is the overall objective of the Trust and how do these 5 fit into the strategy to achieve it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 157
ginnywings
September 18, 2018, 6:44pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Helgy
I'd say keep your distance but remain on the board be independent  Lincolns Trust started off well then was used as a vehicle to promote peoples self interests its dying out now torn apart by in fighting and fans mistrust of it.

Instead of raising funds they sat back on past glories lesson to be learned there, my opinion is you  need to raise the money buy shares and then increase your input on how the club is run.
Also have safe guards in place so its always fan led not just people wanting the social status of a place on the board.

I agree with this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 157
jamesgtfc
September 18, 2018, 7:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Interesting points from the two Lincoln fans.

I think the key thing is the point that nealeardleyscrossing raises: what are the conditions for Fenty to leave. I am convinced if the fans knew this, interest in the Trust would increase and we could all work towards how we find this sum.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 157
KingstonMariner
September 18, 2018, 8:24pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Cloudy

As Barralad pointed out there are as many fans who value the seat on the board as those who think leaving and organising boycotts of games is the way forward.
How on earth they represent such varied opinions is beyond me. It has to be impossible doesnt it?

I do understand about 'harnessing the power of the fans' but in which direction?

If I remember right, your Trust was founded when the club was in dire financial difficulty and was at one time the major shareholder having saved the club from extinction. For a number of years afterwards, Lincoln became one of the few clubs that made a profit. Have I remembered it wrongly?

I seem to recall your then Trust chairman/club chairman talking at a meeting we held in Cleethorpes Memorial Hall when the idea of the Town trust was presented.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 157
KingstonMariner
September 18, 2018, 8:27pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy

As Barralad pointed out there are as many fans who value the seat on the board as those who think leaving and organising boycotts of games is the way forward.
How on earth they represent such varied opinions is beyond me. It has to be impossible doesnt it?

I do understand about 'harnessing the power of the fans' but in which direction?

Some of us want both.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 157
Bigdog
September 18, 2018, 8:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Cod Cheeks

Thank you, so with these in mind, what is the overall objective of the Trust and how do these 5 fit into the strategy to achieve it?

Don't ask me, I'm still waiting to find out myself..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 157
KingstonMariner
September 18, 2018, 8:45pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

Don't ask me, I'm still waiting to find out myself..

I was going to say 'you could read what it says on the Trust website' but it doesn't seem to say as much as it used to in terms of aims and objectives.

The other way of looking at it is what do you think it should be?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 157
16 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Let's start with the board

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.