ginnywings
November 19, 2017, 9:41am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,125
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Grim74

Thanks for your advice I'm currently looking at the Dawes galaxy and it seems a decent price for the basic model. I'm just looking at long relaxing days on the saddle really with a few long weekends away to start, if that goes well I'd love to venture further afield maybe around France or Holland.

One of the main issues for me on a road bike as always been comfort, I've done loads of 100m+ rides but always felt beat up afterwards, and I'm yet to find a saddle compatible with my Bony backside, I've read up on these brooks saddles which seem the go to saddle for touring bikes so I'm hoping this will do the job.

One thing that i never got used to was bikers balls. I have never found a seat that is comfortable either and i have two leather Brooks ones, which i swap about. Some say that they wear in to your shape, but i never found this to be true sadly. I've got a gel seat on my ATB bike but it's no better to be honest. Some recommend padded cycling shorts but i have never tried them. I think a sore ar$e is just par for the course and you learn to live with it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
Grim74
November 19, 2017, 4:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from ginnywings

One thing that i never got used to was bikers balls. I have never found a seat that is comfortable either and i have two leather Brooks ones, which i swap about. Some say that they wear in to your shape, but i never found this to be true sadly. I've got a gel seat on my ATB bike but it's no better to be honest. Some recommend padded cycling shorts but i have never tried them. I think a sore ar$e is just par for the course and you learn to live with it.

Oh great thanks a lot, after years of pain I'd pinned all my hopes on this brooks saddle 😂

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
ginnywings
November 19, 2017, 6:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,125
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Grim74

Oh great thanks a lot, after years of pain I'd pinned all my hopes on this brooks saddle 😂

The good news is that a lot of cyclists swear by them and you may be one of the ones that feel the benefit. Getting your bike set up correctly and your riding position right helps a lot.

I have one of these, which is as good as it gets quality wise, as well as a more traditional black one.

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Brook.....7EAQYAyABEgKuNvD_BwE
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stolen bike

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.