Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next manager should be ..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 96 Guests

Next manager should be ..

This thread currently has 9,530 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
November 12, 2017, 7:54am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,399
Gold Stars: 149
I'm not asking for success, I'm asking to be entertained just a little bit. I'm asking to have wingers who have a bit of pace who try to run at their full backs, I'm asking for a game plan which involves playing a bit of football instead of this percentage over the full back bullshit. As daft as it sounds I'd rather be a couple points worse off than we are but attempt to play decent football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 59
TheRealJohnLewis
November 12, 2017, 9:00am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from fiveallive
The only option for me is to stick with Slade or risk the lack of contuinity with different managers and before you know it where playing in the National League North in a blink of an eye.

Continuity worked well when we had Woods in charge!

Private Message
Reply: 31 - 59
TheRealJohnLewis
November 12, 2017, 9:01am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from lukeo
Slade is on a good wack, some of which Fenty pays for personally.. Not sure of his contract, I think it is 3 years.

Why do you think that Fenty pays some of Slade's wages?

Private Message
Reply: 32 - 59
RoboCod
November 12, 2017, 10:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Davec

No thanks, yes all 3 are GTFC legends but that only accounts for so much, Mcdermott is currently manager of a team 16th in the National league north which is 2 leagues below us, they are only 4 points above relegation with what is seemingly a very good squad on paper. Disley was a great player but no evidence he's a good assistant manager? And Buckley has managed 1 club in the last 15 years, he's been out of the game too long.

Oh Aaron Dave...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 59
LH
November 12, 2017, 10:06am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,590
Gold Stars: 175
People literally look through those lists, see a name they’ve heard before and say “he’d do a good job” don’t they?
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 59
Garth
November 12, 2017, 10:10am

Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from lukeo
Slade is on a good wack, some of which Fenty pays for personally.. Not sure of his contract, I think it is 3 years.

JF should qualify for Mates Rates IMO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 59
Garth
November 12, 2017, 10:13am

Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Stockdale is another good shout, certainly more realistic than Shakespeare.

I'm gonna throw out Marcus     Newall anyone? I know it's a few steps up but he has done a first class job there (Vase final and promotion).

Both failed ex Town managers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 59
mariner91
November 12, 2017, 11:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,744
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from fiveallive
, goes to show different manager likes different players, you sack Slade and its a another manager wanting his own players which will be free and loans which dosen't attract any manager to the club

I think you'd struggle to find any manager who would actively want at least 8 of the players signed by Slade this summer. I suspect that is how we got them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 59
grimsby pete
November 12, 2017, 12:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Slade had a bit of bed luck in the summer , if we got Walker on loan we might be in the top 3 now,

BUT

We didn't and waited too long to bring anyone else in as all the better strikers had been snapped up,

Slade has tried to be tight at the back because we have no efficient strike force,

Which has resulted in boring pedestrian football,

He is not going anywhere soon so we have to hope he will rectify our shortcomings hopefully in January but mainly in the summer when he can get rid of a few players who are at the end of their contracts

So we have to hope we finish mid table at least this season and go for promotion next season,

The problem will be if we continue playing the way we are the season ticket sales will be way down next season for 2 reasons,

1. The increase in price

2, Mainly because a lot will see how we play next season before deciding to hand over large amounts of cash to the club .

Hopefully we will be playing a lot more attacking game and there will be more happy posts on here.

Some signings that make the hair stand up on the back of your neck will persuade a lot to renew their season ticket though.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 59
Vance Warner
November 12, 2017, 12:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,830
Gold Stars: 105
Next manager should be - someone who fits with a long term vision for the club encompassing everything from playing style to age of signings to length of contracts to youth development. Unfortunately we don't have anyone in charge at the club with any sort of vision whatsoever.

I thought we were on to something with Bignot because at least we were building for the future. When Slade does leave we'll be stuck with a load of his type of player, that's where our downfall started last time and we don't seem to have learnt a bloody thing.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next manager should be ..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.