Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next manager should be ..
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 411 Guests

Next manager should be ..

This thread currently has 9,460 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
November 12, 2017, 12:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
I'm told Stockdale is very well thought of in Sunderland and on extremely good wages so he's definitely out of the equation
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 59
lukeo
November 12, 2017, 12:13am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
Slade is on a good wack, some of which Fenty pays for personally.. Not sure of his contract, I think it is 3 years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 59
Abdul19
November 12, 2017, 12:54am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Can't believe we're on page 3 and no one's suggested McDermott, Disley as his assistant with Buckley as director of football yet.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 59
Harry Haddock
November 12, 2017, 12:57am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
Brian and John McDermott  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 59
RexFannies
November 12, 2017, 1:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +517
Thought you meant Terry?

The Only Way Is Up
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 24 - 59
fiveallive
November 12, 2017, 3:46am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
I know Slade football is boring and awful to watch but if we keep sacking managers we will get relegated because of the lack of contuinity in the squad a few of the players left when we got promoted Tait, Amond, Arnold, Nsiala, Nolan, Bogle left last season, the players brought in by Hurst Bignot didn't rate Summerfield, Berret have played most of the season under Slade.

Where Clements sent out on loan suprising he gets in the box and scores goals i know he's not match fit, Asante out on loan understandanble with injury record, goes to show different manager likes different players, you sack Slade and its a another manager wanting his own players which will be free and loans which dosen't attract any manager to the club, Fenty likes Slade because he gets in free transfers he did miracle before getting Bolland, Reddy, Jones x2, Woodhouse, Mildenhall, Toner etc.

Some fans and need to realise where not a big club anymore where League 2 and bottom half League 1 team at best the heady hights of Championship have gone and highly doubt we will grace that league again if so teams like Scunthorpe, Yeovil and Southend only show smaller teams can't cut at that level Sky Sports money means Premier league and Championship have pulled away from League 1 down to National League etc.

The worry i also have is when York sacked Mills they had
Nigel Worthington 4 March 2013 - 13 October 2014
Steve Torpey Caretaker
Russ Wilcox  15 October 2014 - 26 October 2015
Richard Cresswell Caretaker
Jackie McNamara 4 November 2015 - 16 October 2016 Relagated from League 2
Gary Mills 16 October 2016 - 30 September 2017  Relagated from National League
Martin Gray 1 October 2017 - Present.

The only option for me is to stick with Slade or risk the lack of contuinity with different managers and before you know it where playing in the National League North in a blink of an eye.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 59
arryarryarry
November 12, 2017, 4:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,944
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from fiveallive

The only option for me is to stick with Slade or risk the lack of contuinity with different managers and before you know it where playing in the National League North in a blink of an eye.

I would suggest that watching some of the players Slade has signed they may find their level there.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 59
Tommy
November 12, 2017, 7:15am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from fiveallive
I know Slade football is boring and awful to watch but if we keep sacking managers we will get relegated because of the lack of contuinity in the squad a few of the players left when we got promoted Tait, Amond, Arnold, Nsiala, Nolan, Bogle left last season, the players brought in by Hurst Bignot didn't rate Summerfield, Berret have played most of the season under Slade.

Where Clements sent out on loan suprising he gets in the box and scores goals i know he's not match fit, Asante out on loan understandanble with injury record, goes to show different manager likes different players, you sack Slade and its a another manager wanting his own players which will be free and loans which dosen't attract any manager to the club, Fenty likes Slade because he gets in free transfers he did miracle before getting Bolland, Reddy, Jones x2, Woodhouse, Mildenhall, Toner etc.

Some fans and need to realise where not a big club anymore where League 2 and bottom half League 1 team at best the heady hights of Championship have gone and highly doubt we will grace that league again if so teams like Scunthorpe, Yeovil and Southend only show smaller teams can't cut at that level Sky Sports money means Premier league and Championship have pulled away from League 1 down to National League etc.

The worry i also have is when York sacked Mills they had
Nigel Worthington 4 March 2013 - 13 October 2014
Steve Torpey Caretaker
Russ Wilcox  15 October 2014 - 26 October 2015
Richard Cresswell Caretaker
Jackie McNamara 4 November 2015 - 16 October 2016 Relagated from League 2
Gary Mills 16 October 2016 - 30 September 2017  Relagated from National League
Martin Gray 1 October 2017 - Present.

Just having continuity isn't a way of guaranteeing success though.

Not that I would advocate their way of doing it at all but Chelsea actually have success from hiring/firing a new manager every 1-2years.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 59
Davec
November 12, 2017, 7:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from Abdul19
Can't believe we're on page 3 and no one's suggested McDermott, Disley as his assistant with Buckley as director of football yet.

No thanks, yes all 3 are GTFC legends but that only accounts for so much, Mcdermott is currently manager of a team 16th in the National league north which is 2 leagues below us, they are only 4 points above relegation with what is seemingly a very good squad on paper. Disley was a great player but no evidence he's a good assistant manager? And Buckley has managed 1 club in the last 15 years, he's been out of the game too long.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 59
November 12, 2017, 7:42am
Guest User
Quoted from Davec

No thanks, yes all 3 are GTFC legends but that only accounts for so much, Mcdermott is currently manager of a team 16th in the National league north which is 2 leagues below us, they are only 4 points above relegation with what is seemingly a very good squad on paper. Disley was a great player but no evidence he's a good assistant manager? And Buckley has managed 1 club in the last 15 years, he's been out of the game too long.

Whoosh
Reply: 29 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next manager should be ..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.