8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
October 14, 2017, 8:46pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,560
Gold Stars: 216
Well we won't be getting Scarborough or Harrogate.

http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/results

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 72
LH
October 14, 2017, 9:09pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,518
Gold Stars: 173
intercourse the money. Can we just draw someone who’ll entertain us please, football gods? We aren’t going to do it ourselves are we?
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 72
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 14, 2017, 9:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
The fa cup run for the gimps last year, proved to be a catalyst for their season. Let's just hope it does something similar if we were to be as fortunate.

wonder if we would be on tv, should we draw the Shrews again.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 72
October 14, 2017, 10:19pm
Guest User
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
The fa cup run for the gimps last year, proved to be a catalyst for their season. Let's just hope it does something similar if we were to be as fortunate.

The only way we would get chosen for TV would be if we got drawn against one of the lowest ranked teams left in the competition.
Reply: 53 - 72
GrimRob
October 14, 2017, 10:49pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

The only way a Grimsby/Shrewsbury game would be shown on TV in the FA Cup would be if it was the semi or the final!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 54 - 72
KingstonMariner
October 15, 2017, 12:36am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GrimRob

The only way a Grimsby/Shrewsbury game would be shown on TV in the FA Cup would be if it was the semi or the final!

I bet even then they'd show a mid-table premiership game.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 72
Southwark Mariner
October 15, 2017, 12:49am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from forza ivano
Folkestone, home or away. Knocked the mighty ducks out in the last round. Home would be fine coz they are pretty Shiite, away coz it's a nice little town, good number of decent boozers and a decent little ground. They also have the 'noisy boyz ' ( I kid you not) who are boys, but are definitely not very noisy!

This! I'd prefer away. Folkestone is on the up...honest! It's a town that has a wealthy benefactor (Saga) and is doing a huge amount of work developing its "culture" and it's a case study for Grimsby Councillors and their new grand regeneration project. It has a high speed link to London (I admit Grimsby will struggle to get one of those), the channel tunnel (and one of those) and a lot going for it now. It's been a real dump for a long time but things are changing. Like you say, some good pubs and anywhere with a Martello Tower is worth a trip.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 72
The_Laughing_Mariner
October 15, 2017, 1:40am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
As far as the FA Cup is concerned I only have one dream and that is to draw Man Utd away. So my one desire is to get easy draws until both our balls are nestling in the bag and I have memorised both numbers.  I have sat in front of the TV numerous times and prayed to every god I can think of for this eventuality to happen and it never has, even  Man Utd or YYYYYY v XXXXX or Grimsby Town would do me, but I don't think I have even experienced that partial conditional joy. Obviously winning the tournament without playing at OT would be an even greater experience, I have set myself a more modest life goal or just witnessing GTFC run out onto the Old Trafford pitch.

Does the League cup count, because if it does it happened.
And to think we celebrated Phil Jevons day this week, maybe we should celebrate drawn against Man U day a couple of days later, a bit like Good Friday and Easter Monday or Christmas Eve and Boxing Day

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 72
KingstonMariner
October 15, 2017, 10:55am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

This! I'd prefer away. Folkestone is on the up...honest! It's a town that has a wealthy benefactor (Saga) and is doing a huge amount of work developing its "culture" and it's a case study for Grimsby Councillors and their new grand regeneration project. It has a high speed link to London (I admit Grimsby will struggle to get one of those), the channel tunnel (and one of those) and a lot going for it now. It's been a real dump for a long time but things are changing. Like you say, some good pubs and anywhere with a Martello Tower is worth a trip.

Fill your boots:

http://kentpoi.co.uk/historic/martello/index.html

Don't recall seeing the one in Hythe that had been converted into a house. Do they still have that carnival parade on the military canal at Hythe?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 72
stevethefish
October 15, 2017, 8:37pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +773
Gold Stars: 66
Providing they win their replay on Tuesday against Brackley.

BILLERICAY away please.

Got some mad millionaire backing them and is the football version on the only way is Essex!

Have Paul Kochensky, Jamie o Hara and  Jermaine Pennant playing for them!

Plus it’s 1.6 miles from my house
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 72
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FA CUP Draw

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.