barralad
September 26, 2017, 3:55pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Helgy
I was on the special train with my lad it was all good natured but the police press release has raised a few eyebrows they claimed there was trouble on the 7.30pm train from Nottingham so raced from Nottingham to intercept the 6pm special.
Time travel now within their new powers it seems.
Well OTT to greet fans going home with tasers and dogs, don't think we are alone on this as you recently had issues with exaggerated claims of trouble justifying your experiences at Stevenage.
Our fan base is mainly families now think we had 60 plus on duty for our 1st home game against the Millwall of the North west Morecambe lol.

I am seriously beginning to wonder whether football clubs (and fans) in general are being used by police forces across the country in the battle for police budgets. I'll readily admit to a lack of understanding about the general concepts of police budgets but we have now clear evidence of four police forces appearing to over-egg the "risk to public order" pudding around specific matches-Derbyshire clearly talked up the level of unrest on August 5. Hertfordshire had a hand in our problems at Stevenage. Nottinghamshire on photographic evidence alone responded way too vigourously to our visit to Mansfield and now Lincolnshire appear to be on that bandwagon for a game that wasn't in their area! In this day and age it cannot be beyond the resources available for the police to identify and neutralise potential trouble makers leaving the rest of us to be treated like respectable, ordinary folk who choose watching football as a hobby.
I have a great deal of sympathy with you and your lad Helgy and all the other ordinary fans of any club who find themselves disrupted in any such way.
#watchingfootballisnotacrime

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 111
Helgy
September 26, 2017, 4:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Quoted from barralad

I am seriously beginning to wonder whether football clubs (and fans) in general are being used by police forces across the country in the battle for police budgets. I'll readily admit to a lack of understanding about the general concepts of police budgets but we have now clear evidence of four police forces appearing to over-egg the "risk to public order" pudding around specific matches-Derbyshire clearly talked up the level of unrest on August 5. Hertfordshire had a hand in our problems at Stevenage. Nottinghamshire on photographic evidence alone responded way too vigourously to our visit to Mansfield and now Lincolnshire appear to be on that bandwagon for a game that wasn't in their area! In this day and age it cannot be beyond the resources available for the police to identify and neutralise potential trouble makers leaving the rest of us to be treated like respectable, ordinary folk who choose watching football as a hobby.
I have a great deal of sympathy with you and your lad Helgy and all the other ordinary fans of any club who find themselves disrupted in any such way.
#watchingfootballisnotacrime

Reading yours and the previous posts our old intel officer has retired and now the new ones seem intent on creating a situation when there was non before.
Targeting the singing section as hooligans which is ridiculous, I think you are right they are over-egging it to justify the policing costs & manpower used.
Also think I am not alone with that viewpoint.,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 111
mariner91
September 26, 2017, 4:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,646
Gold Stars: 261
So what about the damage to the Mansfield bus the week before?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 111
Tommy
September 26, 2017, 4:49pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Couldn't get on here quick enough to make a thread about some "alleged" incident involving a few Town fans a few weeks ago.

Dismisses two incidents involving Lincoln fans as "nothing" because they were small incidents.

towncryer ladies and gentleman

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 111
Gaffer58
September 26, 2017, 4:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
The police probably create incidents to meet targets, as mentioned in an earlier thread thieves, druggies etc just laugh at them, were as football supporters are always guilty of whatever the police accuse them of, real or made up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 111
RoboCod
September 26, 2017, 5:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from towncryer

The last 30 odd years, what are you on about. Like what have you been doing in that time , playing in the Premiership and enjoying Champions League Football!!!!!?
We are enjoying our time......while it lasts. We are under no illusions, everyone knows football goes in cycles but what are you trying to do diss us whilst you pretend your some big  club with such a massive fanbase. You can't hide from the facts we have more fans than you and whatever the circumstances our fans base is bigger than yours so please spare us 'we've been a massive club for 30 years routine '.
Your not and never will be as long as you play at that shitehole and you have just one bloke pulling the purse strings.
Get real.

Aaaand...there he blows!

Congrats Mickey, you got a WOPPER there!!

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2278529608/fishing.jpg[/img]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 111
ginnywings
September 26, 2017, 6:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
General public- innocent until proven guilty.

Football fans- guilty until proven guilty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 111
Gaffer58
September 26, 2017, 6:58pm
Brandy Drinker
I see Lincoln are now beaming the game back to Sincil Bank. Even more reason to beat them.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 111
Gaffer58
September 26, 2017, 6:58pm
Brandy Drinker
I see Lincoln are now beaming the game back to Sincil Bank. Even more reason to beat them.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 111
LH
September 26, 2017, 7:23pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,518
Gold Stars: 173
Are they even allowed to do that?
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln Game Saturday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.