4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
lukeo
August 28, 2017, 12:25pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Exeter last season, they had a horrible start and after around 10 games alot of their fans wanted Tisdale to go, I also said he should after watching a couple of their games... Look how they finished, play off final losers, I think we need to try hold out to the 15 game mark and decide from their. I have to admit I do like most of our squad for this division, it's just the style of play and getting them all fit and unsuspended!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 34
lew chaterleys lover
August 28, 2017, 1:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Both where better than us when we played them so that's all that counts really.

Agree re the amount of work Macca had to do we where punished for poor attacking as well as discipline and defending as our shots on goal ration is crap to be honest.

Yes we had the same point this time last year but the difference is unless Hooper has some form of "attitude transplant" or Vernon suddenly becomes prolific we have no Bogle type figure to drag us p the table like we did last term.

It's going to be a long season ladies & gents, one where we really need to hope there are 2 teams worse than us otherwise it curtains.

I wouldn't be as pessimistic as that.

This is confirmation bias, but I would have been very worried if we had started this season badly under Bignot, but at least we do have an experienced manager who will hopefully address the problems soon enough.

I think Slade is a pragmatic man so I cannot see him persisting with a system that does not produce a winning team; we did ok at Chesterfield, held our own by and large against Derby, and some of our influential players have to come back from injury/suspension.

I would have loved to have seen more quality brought in during the summer but it is obviously a budget issue. If you don't pay enough they sign for someone else, sadly.

Let us hope for a couple of loan signings and a better display next game.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 34
Maringer
August 28, 2017, 3:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
The biggest issue for me is that Slade's preferred formation just doesn't look like it is going to work. I can see what he thinks it can do, but I don't think we have the forward(s) to make it happen so we're left without enough of a threat or enough numbers in attacking areas.

Last season, playing Jones just behind the striker seemed to work OK. Let's try that again - 4-4-1-1.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 34
chaos33
August 28, 2017, 5:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
I think this is the key point. The system and tactics need a rethink. 4-4-2 seems to be out of the question so agreed - 4-4-1-1 probably worth a crack, or 4-3-1-2, or even 3-4-1-2.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 34
Mariner93er
August 28, 2017, 5:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
I think the system would be fine, if we attempted a passing game instead of the hoofs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stats compared to last season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.