TheRealJohnLewis
August 28, 2017, 10:14am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from mariner91

I don't know what game you were watching but we were shite at Wycombe!

Last season away and not this season.

Private Message
Reply: 20 - 34
TheRealJohnLewis
August 28, 2017, 10:18am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Meza
I find this all very pathetic.  Have you heard yourselves.  I suggest reading back through the posts because like me i was cringing at some of the posts.  To right the team off after 4 games is.....well shocking, anyway what happened to thr 10 game rule lol.   Yes 5 red cards is probably concerning but if you replay them some shouldn't have been 2nd yellowed.  This is half the problem so quick to judge and no support.  You must be the miserable lot at BP and why its like a morgue.  

I have no problem with people's opinions but as long as they are realistic.  Being a Grimsby fan is like a marriage through thick and thin...so get behind the team they'll come good im sure.

Anyone remember Exeters start last season they couldn't by a win and were at the foot of the table for quite a few games yet managed to get a good position.

Everyone knows its finding the right balance in the team and some clubs get lucky.

As football fans we don't have the option of a divorce when your other half is letting you down, making you feel miserable and taking all your money without the occasion handjob at least in return.

(p.s i've been happily married for 12 years)
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 34
mariner91
August 28, 2017, 10:24am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,254
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

Last season away and not this season.

I know. We were shite in both games.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 34
towncryer
August 28, 2017, 10:48am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: -570
Quoted from ginnywings
There are 42 games to go. Some are having us in a relegation scrap after four.

Obviously our start is worrying but years of watching football have taught me that form can change quickly. I don't even look at the league table for at least ten games.

Totally agree with this.
Just depends on which fixtures you get at the start.
There will be many teams in false positions at the moment at the top and bottom.
League starts to settle down for me around the end of October.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 34
Mariner_09
August 28, 2017, 11:14am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
I'm sorry Stevenage and Wycombe are not good sides! They never put us under any pressure and McKeown has made precisely zero saves in the last 2 games. We have been punished for poor discipline and poor defending.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 34
HertsGTFC
August 28, 2017, 11:25am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Mariner_09
I'm sorry Stevenage and Wycombe are not good sides! They never put us under any pressure and McKeown has made precisely zero saves in the last 2 games. We have been punished for poor discipline and poor defending.

Both where better than us when we played them so that's all that counts really.

Agree re the amount of work Macca had to do we where punished for poor attacking as well as discipline and defending as our shots on goal ration is crap to be honest.

Yes we had the same point this time last year but the difference is unless Hooper has some form of "attitude transplant" or Vernon suddenly becomes prolific we have no Bogle type figure to drag us p the table like we did last term.

It's going to be a long season ladies & gents, one where we really need to hope there are 2 teams worse than us otherwise it curtains.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 34
Bigdog
August 28, 2017, 11:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from ginnywings
There are 42 games to go. Some are having us in a relegation scrap after four.

Obviously our start is worrying but years of watching football have taught me that form can change quickly. I don't even look at the league table for at least ten games.

Problem is Ginny, the transfer window closes in a few days and there's too many games until the January window.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 34
Mrs Doyle
August 28, 2017, 11:31am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Lincoln were probably thinking the same until that win. We ARE in a hole as Slade says but a couple of wins can change things totally at this early stage.

Glass half full (of whisky)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 34
ginnywings
August 28, 2017, 11:57am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Bigdog

Problem is Ginny, the transfer window closes in a few days and there's too many games until the January window.

Yeah agreed, but there is nothing to say that we don't already have the right ingredients in the club and they could turn it around quickly. Not saying they will but it's too early to have us down as relegation candidates after four games. If we had everyone fit and firing, the team could look radically different.

So many have already decided that the players are crap, the manager is past it and we have a paltry budget. That may prove to be the case, but not after four games.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 34
HertsGTFC
August 28, 2017, 12:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from ginnywings

Yeah agreed, but there is nothing to say that we don't already have the right ingredients in the club and they could turn it around quickly. Not saying they will but it's too early to have us down as relegation candidates after four games. If we had everyone fit and firing, the team could look radically different.

So many have already decided that the players are crap, the manager is past it and we have a paltry budget. That may prove to be the case, but not after four games.

I think we have some players that can play, especially when everyone is fit. The issue I can't get my head around is what type of football we are trying to play. At times the decision making, composure on the ball and ball retention is shockingly poor. It feels like Russ trusts the players to take responsibility and so far few have stepped up,

An example of the decision making was on Saturday when we where 2 minutes into injury time we still had 4 at the back and when we needed to get it up front quickly Macca takes the goal kick short to Clarke who tries to play it through mid field.Far too often do we knock it long and lose possession and struggle to win it back.

There was light at the end of the tunnel though after half time on Saturday before the Collins dismissal when we had DJ, Tombola, Hooper and Dembelle on we looked a potential threat. Add to those 4 the return of Vernon, Jones, Clements giving us different options we could see some improvement soon if we can get the right combination to get some kind of cohesion to our play.  

My biggest concern is that Russ's message is not getting through to the players and we face a couple of tough games next which could leave us with just 3 points for the first 18 available, which even at this early stage is relegation form I'm frraid.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stats compared to last season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.