Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Those red cards.....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 143 Guests

Those red cards.....

This thread currently has 4,672 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
fleabag1970
August 27, 2017, 7:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Embarrassing situation  for a once proud club to be in

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
Mrs Doyle
August 28, 2017, 9:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Smacks of desperation from our defence and it's not just officials talking about our reputation any team now playing us will use this appalling stat to their advantage to gain that "edge" so vital.

It as put extra pressure on our defence now before a ball as been kicked what a sorry state of affairs.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
topuphere666
August 28, 2017, 9:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Garth
Do red cards carry a fine from the player to the club?

I'd like to think so!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 23
Maringer
August 28, 2017, 9:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
To be fair to Collins, if the referee had failed to make him aware he had been booked, that was another refereeing error we've suffered.

I still think the Davies one was harsh and, overall, at least three of them could have been avoided with some competent refereeing. Problem is, we have encountered a selection of incompetent referees so far this season and playing so poorly has given them the opportunity to make some bad decisions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
buckstown
August 28, 2017, 10:17am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,179
Gold Stars: 79
I can't buy this incompetent referee argument. It's just not possible that they send all the poor refs to us every week, so the more likely answer is that all the refs at this level are poor(ish). I still think the Collins sending off was a no brainer. Alternatively the slow defenders getting skinned argument seems fairly obvious
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
Swansea_Mariner
August 28, 2017, 10:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Both sides get the same ref.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
Reverendmariner
August 28, 2017, 10:35am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +275
I thought the referee gave poor decisions against both sides on Saturday. I find it sad that we are doubtless branded as a dirty team and risk becoming a laughing stock; five consecutive red cards and at the bottom of the League. It's up to Slade to uphold discipline. With a good number of players suspended and a squad that is not great in depth, it is concerning.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
Cloudy
August 28, 2017, 10:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Maringer
To be fair to Collins, if the referee had failed to make him aware he had been booked, that was another refereeing error we've suffered.

I still think the Davies one was harsh and, overall, at least three of them could have been avoided with some competent refereeing. Problem is, we have encountered a selection of incompetent referees so far this season and playing so poorly has given them the opportunity to make some bad decisions.

Having seen the first booking of Collins he is stood facing the ref when he shows him the yellow card. IF he didn't see it then I suggest his problems are bigger than I first thought
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
Theimperialcoroner
August 28, 2017, 11:32am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,189
Gold Stars: 102
Ref on Tuesday was very good imo

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
lee65
August 28, 2017, 11:53am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Cloudy

Having seen the first booking of Collins he is stood facing the ref when he shows him the yellow card. IF he didn't see it then I suggest his problems are bigger than I first thought

Totally agree Cloudy, on the highlights he brandishes the first yellow card in his face!, also the challenge for the second is simply brainless whatever  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Those red cards.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.